If you have Verizon Fios, you might want to know how to change your Verizon WiFi password to keep your connection secure or to keep your children off the internet.
Well, I’m going to tell you all you need to know about changing the Verizon WiFi password so that you can switch it within minutes and be back up and running!
How To Change Verizon WiFi Password In 2023?
You can change your Verizon WiFi password using the My Fios app by going into the Internet settings, selecting My Networks, and then selecting a network to Edit. You’ll need to select Enable Private WiFi Access if your WiFi access is currently disabled. Additionally, once you’ve changed your password you will need to reconnect all devices using the WiFi signal.
Do you want to know more about changing your Verizon WiFi password, such as if you can do it through the My Verizon app? If so, continue reading below to find out that answer!
How To Change Verizon WiFi Password With My Verizon?
You can quickly change your Verizon WiFi password using your My Verizon account, both online through the website and using the My Verizon app.
Further, all you need to do is log in to your My Verizon account and then follow the steps below:
- Select “Services”
- Click on “Internet”
- Look for “My Network” and find which network you want to change the password for
- Select “Manage”
- Enter your new password
- Select “Save Changes”
However, it’s important to note that you must have WiFi access enabled to change the password or manage other information for your WiFi network.
How To Manually Change Verizon WiFi Password in Router?
It’s not difficult to change your Verizon WiFi password from within the router itself and it only requires that you have an Internet connection, and then simply follow the steps below:
- Open a browser window
- Type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar
- Sign in to your router using your existing password and username
- The router name will be “admin” and you can look on your router label for the default password or reset it to factory if you don’t remember your changed password
- The on-screen prompts will guide you through the rest of the process to change the password
- You can find the Verizon Routers Guides which will go over in more detail how to change the password since it varies by router model
How Do I Find My Verizon FIOS Wi-Fi Password?
If you’re unsure of your Verizon Fios WiFi password, there are multiple ways you can find your Verizon WiFi password, such as the router label if it’s still the default password.
However, you can also find your WiFi password using the My Verizon app or website using the steps below:
- Log in to your My Verizon account
- Find “Services” and then select “Internet”
- Look for “My Network” and the password will be underneath the name
Additionally, you can find your WiFi password by using the My Fios app in a few steps which include:
- Open the My Fios app
- Go to “Internet” and then “My Networks”
- You should see the password under each network name that’s listed
Also, if you have a subscription to Verizon Fios TV, you can look up your WiFi password from the Fios TV remote by following the steps outlined below:
- Go into the “Menu” and select “Customer Support”
- Select “Internet” and then select “My Wireless Network”
- Select “WiFi Credentials” to see your current WiFi password
How Do I Change My Password On My Verizon LTE Router?
If you’d like to change your Verizon LTE Router password, simply follow the easy steps below:
- Make sure you have an internet connection
- Open a browser window
- Type http://192.168.0.1 into the address bar
- Log in to the Admin Web Interface
- The Router homepage should be loaded on your screen
- Enter the Admin password (found on the back of the router)
- Select “Router Settings”
- Look for the WiFi tab and go to that
- Select “WiFi Profile”
- Look for the WiFi password field and enter a new password
- Select “Apply” to save your changes
What is the Default Verizon Router Username and Password?
The default Verizon router username is “admin” and the default password varies by which router you have, but you can find this information either on the back or side of your router.
Additionally, 192.168.1.1 is the gateway for your Verizon router, which is where you’ll need to go to make any adjustments to your router, including changing WiFi preferences and credentials.
How To Change WiFi Password Verizon Jetpack?
You can quickly change your Verizon Jetpack WiFi password by following the steps below:
- Open a web browser and go to http://my.jetpack
- Sign in to your account
- Enter the Admin password (same as WiFi password)
- Select “WiFi” and then select either “Guest Network” or “Primary Network”
- Enter the new password for the network you selected
- Select “Save Changes”
- Enter the new password on all devices connected to the Jetpack
To change your Verizon WiFi password you can use either the My Fios app, My Verizon app, Fios TV Menu, or the Router interface itself.
For example, if you want to use the My Fios app then just go into your Internet Settings, select “My Network” and select “Edit” to change the password for that specific WiFi network.
However, regardless of how you change your WiFi password, you must have an active internet connection to complete the process.