There are many reasons why someone would need to delete an Instacart account, so knowing how can come in handy. You might experience loss of interest in the service, or you might need to cancel the account of a loved one; either way, it’s completely doable.
Without any muss or fuss, here is a step-by-step guide for deleting your Instacart account, as well as information on how to delete a shopper account, cancel an express membership, and more!
How Can You Delete Your Instacart Account In 2022?
To delete your Instacart account completely, you have three options: calling, emailing, or chatting with Instacart live. There is no temporary deactivation for Instacart customer accounts; an account delete is a total removal, as if it never existed. However, note that you don’t have the option to de-activate an Instacart account temporarily.
If you’d like to learn more about the steps for deleting an Instacart account, keep reading this article for more useful information!
What Are the Different Methods for Deleting an Instacart Account?
There are three main methods for deleting an Instacart account, so lets look at them below in further detail:
Deleting Instacart by Phone
- First, make sure you have the full name that is connected with the account, as well as the phone number or email associated with it.
- Then, dial 1-888-246-7822 to speak to a live representative.
- Next, simply tell them you want to close the account permanently.
- They will walk you through the process, asking for information as they need it. Follow along with them, and your account will be gone in no time.
Deleting Instacart by Email
- Email Instacart at firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s recommended to use a subject header like ATTN: REQUEST TO DELETE ACCOUNT.
- Let them know you want to delete your account and provide the full name, email, and phone number associated with the account you want to close.
- (If it’s not your account, but a deceased family member’s, you might want to include that information.)
Deleting Instacart by Live Chat
- You can delete Instacart via Live Chat, either in the app or online on the website.
- In the app, press on the three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner; this opens the account menu.
- Scroll down to Help Center and press on it. This will open a window where you can scroll down to a button that reads “Get help” (green button, white lettering).
- Press on that, and you will see a list of reasons for wanting to contact Instacart Care.
- Select My Account > Account Information; at the bottom of the last page, it will say “I still need help.” Press on that, and you will receive the option to enter the live chat.
- On the website, it’s very similar. Press on the three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner, and scroll down to Help center.
- This will open a new window, where you can scroll down until you see the “Get help” button (again, green with white lettering).
- Follow the same directions as above: My Account > Account information > I still need help.
- Once you are in the live chat, however you chose to get there, you can ask the representative at the other end to permanently delete the account.
- Again, ensure you have the information needed to close it, especially if it’s the account of someone else.
After going through these steps, If there is still an app on your phone (or the phone of a deceased love one), you will want to delete that as well.
And remember, if you delete your account and decide to rejoin, you will have to create a new account all over again, as your data has been wiped.
How Do You Delete Your Instacart Shopper Account?
Instacart makes it slightly easier for shoppers to cancel their accounts when they are well and truly done shopping for the company.
However, you will still have to contact Instacart directly to do so.
Simply tap on the question mark (?) icon, located top-right in the Instacart shopper app.
There is an icon that looks like a wireless headphone set; tap on that, and you will be taken to a screen where you can choose how you would like to contact Instacart.
Pick live chat, call now, or you can even schedule a “meeting” for later.
Whichever option you choose, you will speak to a representative, who will get you set up with shutting down your account permanently.
How Do You Cancel Your Instacart Express Membership?
What if, rather than shutting down your entire account, you actually just want to quit your Instacart Express membership, because you’re not getting your money’s worth?
It’s so easy to cancel that, right in the app.
First off, you only need to cancel your Express membership if you have auto-renewal on. If that isn’t turned on, then you don’t need to cancel anything.
Your membership will simply run out, and that’s that.
If you do have auto-renewal on, you will have to go through the cancel steps.
Access the account menu from the three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner, and scroll down to “Your Express membership” (represented with a black lightning bolt in a gold medal).
You simply scroll down to the bottom where it says “Cancel membership” and press on that.
Instacart will give you a few alternatives to canceling (naturally), but you can ignore them and click “continue.”
Enter a reason for why you’re choosing to cancel and then select “Cancel” – this is the last step!
Your Express account will still be good until the next billing cycle, so enjoy the perks until then!
How Do You Deactivate an Instacart Account?
Unfortunately, there is no function to deactivate an Instacart account, like you might do with a Facebook account.
You can remove your payment options and log out of the app/website, but your account will still exist.
However, that might be better if you think you may return to Instacart in the future, even if you don’t want to use it now.
Instacart does not give customers the option to delete their accounts as a function in the app, but it only requires that you get in touch directly with an Instacart representative.
Whether you opt to do this through email, live chat or even by phone, Instacart’s very considerate customer service reps will walk you right through the process.