It is extremely important to many beauty lovers that the companies that they choose to support and purchase from have truly cruelty-free products to offer.
That being said, you are probably wondering if the products you are buying from Ulta are actually cruelty-free or not. Well, this article goes into more detail on what it means to be cruelty-free and if Ulta does sell cruelty-free products, so keep reading!
Is Ulta Cruelty Free in 2022?
Unfortunately, it’s not necessarily possible to say whether all products which are sold in Ulta are cruelty-free, as many companies have different ideas on what the meaning of this term actually is. To be sure that the product you are buying is safe, you will need to take into consideration the company and what it stands for in 2022.
If you want to learn more about what it means to be cruelty-free, what products may be cruelty-free, and more, you will want to read on!
Does Ulta Sell Cruelty Free Products?
The Ulta Beauty brand has confirmed that their products are truly cruelty-free, and are certified as so by PETA.
In fact, the brand does not test on animals with finished products, or the ingredients used to make the products, and neither do its third-party suppliers.
However, the store does sell more brands than just its own, meaning that it’s highly likely that not all products that the store has to sell will be completely cruelty-free.
Is the Ulta Beauty Brand Vegan?
Though the Ulta Beauty brand is certified by PETA as completely cruelty-free, it cannot be known as 100% vegan.
The reason being is that some of its products use animal-derived ingredients.
Is Every Product That Ulta Sells Cruelty Free?
To say that every product that Ulta sells is cruelty-free may be a stretch, this is because though many companies claim that its products are cruelty-free, this isn’t always the case.
The meaning of “cruelty-free” can sometimes be different for everyone.
In fact, some believe that it should mean that there was no testing on animals during any process of the making of a product.
Others believe that only the final product should not be tested on animals.
Later on in this article, you will learn what many companies perceive as “cruelty-free.”
So, though many products that are sold at Ulta may be truly cruelty-free, many products can also be misleading about whether or not they are cruelty-free.
How Can You Tell If an Item Is Cruelty Free?
To determine whether a cruelty-free product wasn’t tested on animals during the making of a product, you will need to examine the company and see how they view the term “cruelty-free”.
You might ask- how does this company define the term “cruelty-free”? What regulations are enough to meet its standards?
Some of the top organizations who have certified products as cruelty-free are as follows:
- PETA’s Beauty Without Bunnies
- Choose Cruelty-Free
- Leaping Bunny
These organizations make the process of choosing cruelty-free products a little more easy and less time-consuming.
What Does It Mean If a Product Says That It’s Cruelty Free?
When a product is cruelty-free, it means that the product has not been tested on animals at all.
According to the FDA, which is the United States Food & Drug Association, there is no legal definition for the term “cruelty-free” so there is an unrestricted use for the term.
Although this is the case, many companies use the term in order to validate how ethically its products are made.
If a Product Is Labeled Cruelty Free, Does That Mean No Animals Were Harmed During The Making?
The term “cruelty-free” was made to identify that a completed product was not tested on animals.
Unfortunately, this doesn’t mean that the product was tested on animals during the making because it is difficult to establish how the ingredients came to be a part of the finished product.
Listed here, are a few ways that companies justify the use of the term “cruelty-free”:
- The ingredients in its products weren’t tested in the company’s facilities, meaning that the company may have outsourced to a third-party company that does test on animals.
- The ingredients in a product are no longer tested on animals but have been in the past.
- The final product wasn’t tested on animals.
As you can see, in some cases, there is really no guarantee that ingredients weren’t tested on animals during any process of the making of a product.
What Are Some Cruelty Free Makeup Products to Try?
The products listed below are just a few of the products listed on the Ulta website as cruelty-free and vegan:
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Ultra-Slim Retractable Detail Pencil With Spoolie
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
- KVD Beauty Tattoo Liner
- Urban Decay Cosmetics Hydromaniac Glowy Tinted Hydrator Foundation
- Tarte Man-eater Mascara
- Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balm
- PUR 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Powder Foundation SPF 15
- Too Faced Lip Injection Maximum Plump Extra Strength Lip Plumper
- Fenty Beauty By Rihanna Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longware Liquid Foundation
- Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Waterproof, Smudge Proof Brown Pomade
- IT Brushes For Ulta Airbrush Blurring Foundation Brush #101
- Nudestix Nudies Matte All Over Face Blush Color
- Bareminerals Original Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15
- Dermabend Flawless Creator Liquid Foundation Drops
- Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40
- NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brown Pencil Vegan Eyebrow Pencil
- Real Techniques Every day Eye Essentials Makeup Brush and Sponge Set
- Smash box Photo Finish Control Mattifying Primer
- Kylie Cosmetics Matte Liquid Lipstick
- L.F Cosmetics Power Grip Primer
- Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara
- Nabla Side By Side Palette
- Dermalogica PreCleanse
- Tarte Shape Tape Cloud CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen
- Milani Make It Last Setting Spray Prime + Correct + Set
- Beauty Barkerie Face Flour Baking Powder
In order to find more products like this, you can make use of the ‘filters’ sections on Ulta’s website.
You will, of course, want to make sure these products are certified by companies such as PETA’s Beauty Without Bunnies, Choose Cruelty-Free, and Leaping Bunny.
It’s nearly impossible to determine whether or not all of Ulta’s products are cruelty-free, as some companies’ views on the term can certainly differ.
So, to be sure what you’re purchasing is made completely cruelty-free, you will want to do your research and be sure to look for certification stamps from companies such as PETA’s Beauty Without Bunnies, Choose Cruelty-Free, and Leaping Bunny.