If you have an Apple device, such as an iPhone, you may have noticed a preloaded app called Apple Wallet.
Well, you may be wondering what Apple Wallet is, what it does, and more. If so, read on to see what we discovered!
What Is Apple Wallet?
Apple Wallet is a digital wallet on your iPhone and Apple Watch in 2023. Apple Wallet safely stores and organizes your credit and debit cards, boarding passes, tickets, transit passes, keys, identity cards, rewards cards, etc. in the same place for easy access. Additionally, Apple Wallet is a secure app that follows strict guidelines to protect your information and privacy.
If you are interested in learning more about how to set up your Apple Wallet, if there are any fees associated with Apple Wallet, and much more, then keep reading!
How Do I Set up Apple Wallet?
Fortunately, the Apple Wallet setup is quick and easy. The Apple Wallet app is already installed on your Apple device, so you don’t have to worry about downloading anything.
Once you have opened the Wallet app, you will be asked to enter your Apple ID Password.
This information is needed because all of your cards and information stored in the wallet are associated with your Apple ID.
Furthermore, once your Apple ID is entered, you can begin adding your credit and debit cards for Apple Pay.
You can also add other information such as keys, tickets, boarding passes, etc.
To add your credit or debit card to your Apple Wallet, follow the steps below:
- Begin by opening your Apple Wallet and clicking the add button
- It will be a circle with a “+” inside
- Second, click “Debit or Credit Card” to add a new card or click “Previous Cards” to choose a previously added card
- Then, click “Continue”
- Next, follow the directions on the screen to finish adding your card
- Lastly, verify your information
- You may have to do this, even if you are connecting a previously connected card
Furthermore, to add your driver’s license or state ID to your Apple Wallet:
- Start by opening the Apple Wallet app on your device
- Next, click the add button
- As said before, the button will appear as a circle with a “+” inside it
- Then, click “Driver’s License or State ID” and choose your state
- Not all US states allow you to add your ID to your Apple Wallet, so your state may not be listed yet
- Following, you need to choose whether you are adding your license or ID only to your iPhone or to both your iPhone and paired Apple Watch
- Afterward, follow the directions given to scan your license or ID
- Last, you will have to confirm your identity
Use the following methods to verify your identity:
- Stand in front of a plain background.
- Make sure that you are in a well-lit area.
- Don’t wear sunglasses, masks, hats, or other accessories.
- Hold your Phone as still as possible.
- Hold each movement until your Phone vibrates.
- If you can’t complete a movement, click “Try a Different Movement.”
Moreover, to add transit and tickets to your Apple Wallet:
- First, open the email, app, notification, or other communication that has your ticket, boarding pass, or other passes you want to add to your wallet
- Second, click “Add to Apple Wallet”
- Last, follow the directions given to you to finish adding your card
Additionally, if you are unable to add your ticket or pass to your Apple Wallet, contact the seller or company that issued it to see if they allow passes or tickets to be used with Apple Wallet.
Furthermore, when a ticket or pass is added to your iPhone Apple Wallet, it is also automatically added to your paired Apple Watch Wallet.
Lastly, to add your car key to your Apple Wallet, use the following method:
- Start by making sure “your car is associated with the account provided by the car’s manufacturer”
- Next, “open the car manufacturer’s app, email, or text message, or use your car’s display and follow the instructions to set up a key”
- Following, you will be sent to the Wallet app. Click “Continue”
- Then, if you are prompted to do so, place your iPhone on the key reader while your iPhone and car are pairing
- Finally, when your car and iPhone are done pairing, click “Done”
How Do I Use Apple Wallet?
Once you have added your cards and other information you want to store in your Apple Wallet, you can access them by opening the Wallet app on your device.
Moreover, to open your Apple Wallet, you will have to use your device’s Face ID, Touch ID, or passcode before you can access your information.
Once your wallet is open, you can access all your information and choose what you need at the time, like Apple Pay, keys, IDs, passes, etc.
Express Mode means you can use passes, cards, and keys from your Apple Wallet without having to wake up or unlock your device and without authenticating anything with your passcodes.
Furthermore, when you add an eligible card, key, or pass to your Apple Wallet, Express Mode is automatically turned on.
However, you can turn Express Mode off or change the card, key, or pass to a different one.
Is It Free to Use Apple Wallet?
Fortunately, for Apple users, Apple Wallet is 100% free to use. Apple Wallet is pre-installed on your Apple iPhone or Apple Watch, so there is no fee to download it.
Furthermore, if you are an Apple user, Apple wants you to use Apple Wallet and all the features that come with it, such as Apple Pay, which is why it’s pre-installed on your device.
Additionally, there are no fees to set it up or store cards and information.
Moreover, Apple doesn’t charge any extra fees for its Wallet features.
For example, “No. Apple does not charge any fees when you use Apple Pay – in stores, online, or in apps.”, according to the company.
Apple Wallet is a secure, free, digital Wallet located on your iPhone or Apple Watch. Furthermore, you can use Apple Wallet to safely store your personal and financial information such as credit and debit cards, identity cards, keys, and more with no added costs.
Moreover, your Apple Wallet can also store things such as boarding passes, tickets, rewards cards, and more. In addition, everything stored on your Apple Wallet is safe because it is secured through Apple’s safety precautions.