Microsoft 365 is a very well-known program that supplies its users with the great technology and resources that users need in order to complete their projects and assignments in an easier and more efficient way, at the same time as making them look good.
Furthermore, MS OneNote is a huge part of that. Therefore, if you have not yet heard about the program or have but would just like to learn more about it, you will want to read this article, as it goes on to answer many questions that you may have!
What Is Microsoft OneNote In 2023?
OneNote was created by Microsoft and is an important part of the Microsoft 365 program in 2023. Furthermore, OneNote is a digital notebook that was designed for note-taking, and also, research, storing information, and more. Additionally, this program is available as a desktop application as well as a free mobile app.
If you would like to learn more about Microsoft OneNote, such as what it can be used for, whether or not it works without the internet, and more, you’ll want to continue reading!
What Is Microsoft OneNote?
OneNote is a digital notebook that was designed by Microsoft as a digital notebook intended for research, note-taking, storing information, and more.
Additionally, the program is available on many of your devices, including your computer as a desktop application and even on your smartphone as a free mobile app.
Why Would You Want To Use Mircosoft OneNote?
There are many reasons why someone might want to use Microsoft OneNote. To start, you will be able to create sections and pages just like a normal notebook.
Then you can save and organize your notes, which you can handwrite or type depending on your device.
You can also save things such as photos, files, links to websites, screen clippings, videos, and so much more.
With OneNote, you will be able to create further navigational structure by creating section groups or subpages and your own templates.
From there, you can search for items by text, tags, or author.
Additionally, you can stay organized, and Microsoft OneNote integrates easily with MS Outlook and other 365 products.
So, you can email a message to OneNote or email notes you’ve made in OneNote to others. It is also easy to send Word and PowerPoint files to OneNote.
Another thing you can do is share your notebooks with specific people through a direct email or to the world by sharing a link.
Furthermore, you will be able to set permissions to view only or you can add editing privileges. Not only that, but you can even password-protect certain sections.
Also, if edits are made by others, you will be able to view these recent edits and go back to a previous version if necessary.
Additionally, if you are not feeling up to writing or typing, you can get Cortana or Siri to take notes for you.
Or, if your handwriting is looking a little sloppy, you can convert your notes into text.
What Are Some Advantages And Disadvantages of OneNote?
Of Course, there are advantages and disadvantages to everything, even Microsoft OneNote.
Therefore, let’s talk about both starting with the advantages:
- OneNote provides a comprehensive tracking tool to manage big projects, creating the need for managing documents and project management actions separately.
- The program defines a clear workflow for the various processes to efficiently handle day-to-day operations.
- OneNote acts as a good knowledge repository.
- You can work from anywhere because the program is cloud-based.
- OneNote supports all devices with any operating system.
- It is very versatile in storing and retrieving data in any format in a secure way.
- The program is very flexible and user-friendly, which attracts not only business users but also general users, including students.
As we all know, with advantages come disadvantages, so here they are:
- New users may find it difficult to understand how to use the tool while using it.
- There is a lack of AI features, especially Natural language processing to locate data in OneNote.
- OneNote has a few issues in integrating files created in a few external applications.
- The tagging of pages is not that elaborate, and it is currently limited.
There may be more factors that play into both of these categories; however, as you can see from these lists, there are far more advantages that come with the program.
Who Can Use Microsoft OneNote?
Anyone can use Microsoft OneNote; however, here is a list of people who might find it especially useful:
- Business Users: May use it to store individual ideas and share them with their peers and colleagues.
- Project Team Members: Can use it to store project documents, update statuses, create meeting agendas, keep track of how long a meeting is, and to track progress.
- Employees: Can store training materials, and take notes during a training session.
- Family Members: May use it to store recipes, shopping lists, budget expenses, social photos and collaborate with family members.
- Students: Can use it to store their study materials and notes and other various notebooks.
Does Microsoft OneNote Work Without Internet?
You do need to have an internet connection in order to use Microsoft OneNote.
Therefore, you will need to sync your notebook with OneDrive before you plan on going offline.
Further, OneNote automatically syncs your changes as you work, and if at any time you lose your internet connection, any pending changes will sync as soon as you’re back online.
How Much Does Microsoft OneNote Cost?
If you are already subscribed to Microsoft 365, you should already have access to everything that OneNote has to offer without any other additional charges.
However, if you are not already a Microsoft 365 member, you will need to figure out which one of the company’s plans would work best for you.
Furthermore, with Microsoft 365, you can choose to pay for it one time and have it on one device or you can subscribe and pay monthly and have it on multiple devices.
However, there is also a free version of the program online if you do not have the desire to pay for it and all of its features.
To find the free version of the program, all you need to have is a Microsoft account, which you can create for free on the company’s website.
To know more, you can also read our posts on Microsoft Paint, Microsoft Delve, and Microsoft Dynamics.
OneNote was created by Microsoft and is a vital part of Microsoft 365. Furthermore, this program is like a digital notebook that stores information on your various subjects and interests.
Additionally, the program is mostly used by anyone who needs to keep their notes organized and is available on most of your devices like your computer or smartphone.