Burger King, one of America’s largest fast-food restaurant chains, has successfully managed to open and operate several physical locations in the US and beyond.
However, due to its extensive business operations and global reach, customers may wonder how Burger King handles and receives complaints. If you’re wondering the same thing, keep reading!
How Does Burger King Handle and Receive Complaints In 2023?
Burger King accepts complaints raised by customers who experience issues at the restaurants or while completing their online orders. The customer can choose to speak to the staff at the restaurant or raise their complaints through online platforms in 2023. Burger King will act on the complaint, and provide resolutions to the customer in both cases.
If you want to find more information on how to make a complaint to Burger King, the common types of Burger King complaints, the contact information, and much more, keep reading!
How Do I File a Complaint to Burger King?
If you want to make a complaint about your restaurant experience at Burger King, you can do so by speaking to the staff on the floor, who will act to solve the issue.
If they are unable to solve the problem, however, you can request to speak to the lines manager, who will provide details on how your complaint will be resolved.
Furthermore, you can decide to contact Burger King remotely and report your complaint.
Burger King allows customers to call the customer service desk, send messages on the company’s social media platforms, and fill in the customer complaints form on the website.
The customer complaints form provides a section for customers to include their personal details, contact information, and a detailed description of the complaint.
Once the customer submits the form, they should await a response from the company.
What Are Common Complaints Made Against Burger King?
The common types of complaints against Burger King include the following:
- Delivery complaints at Burger King, which include missing items/ incorrect orders, damaged items, delayed deliveries, incomplete deliveries, and food quality
- Complaints on mobile orders, including missing/incorrect orders, the restaurant could not find orders, the restaurant did not carry items, the quality of food, or the store is closed
- Restaurant complaints that include order accuracy, food quality, service issues, payment issues, crown card requests, and other arising issues
- Complaints on login issues, which may include problems like the email link not working, the sign-in code not working, the email link was not received, and the error message received on sign-in
- Complaints on payment issues, which includes payment errors, problems when adding a payment method, multiple charges on the same order, incorrect charging, and payment issues inside the restaurant
- Complaints about loyalties that include failure of loyalty code to work in-restaurant, failure of purchase to earn loyalty points, among others
- Complaints about the customer account, which may report that the customer is finding challenges in updating their account information, or they are unable to find their account
- Complaints on technical errors that include a blank screen, or the customer is unable to place their order on the company’s website
How Do I Contact Burger King to File a Complaint?
If you don’t present your complaint to Burger King’s physical restaurant, you can contact the company remotely through the following channels:
- Call the Customer Care service on 1-866-394-2493
- present your complaint through the Customer Care Contact Form, available on the company’s website
- send complaints through Twitter
- Follow Burger King’s Instagram
- You can follow Burger King’s Facebook page
How Do I Email My Complaint to Burger King?
Unfortunately, Burger King’s corporate office doesn’t address customer complaints sent through email.
Consequently, the company does not provide an email address for sending complaints.
However, if you can only communicate via email, you should determine who receives the complaint and message them directly.
In this case, you should start by emailing the store owner or the store manager.
If at this stage, you do not receive the desired response, you can request the email address of the general manager or franchise owner.
As you climb the chain of command, ensure to keep a list of everyone you have contacted, and the date and time of the communication.
It’s also important to include the name of the franchise since not all Burger King restaurants belong to the parent company.
How Effective Is Burger King at Handling Complaints?
Unfortunately, most websites give Burger King a low rating in regard to complaint resolution.
For instance, Hissing Kitty rates the company 1.52 stars out of 5 stars. The rating is based on 811 complaints.
Out of the 3955 Burger King complaints filed through the Complaints Board website, only 226 have been resolved, while 3,729 remain unresolved.
The website gives Burger King a 1 out of 5 rating on complaint resolution.
Consumer Affairs also offers Burger King a rating of 1.9 out of 5.
What Are Burger King’s Customer Service Hours?
Burger Kings customer service hours are Monday through Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm (Central Standard Time).
During this period, customers can call the restaurant via 1(866) 394-2493, and receive suggestions on how to solve issues raised by the complaint.
Burger King has a system for receiving complaints and acting on them. Customers should feel free to call the customer service desk, message the company on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or fill out the complaint form on the company’s website.