Chick-fil-A has a robust working structure that has contributed significantly to the company’s successes in the food industry from time to time.
Positions such as cashiers have tremendously played a role in the success of Chick-fil-A chains. Keep reading for valuable information on the job description of a Chick-fil-A cashier!
Chick-Fil-A Cashier In 2022
Cashiers at Chick-fil-A restaurants are responsible for the operation of the cash register as of 2022. The position comes with various responsibilities depending on the location and a basic requirement for the position is computation skills. Entry-level workers with experience in the fast-food industry can earn up to $13 per hour and a salary of $23,083 annually.
To discover more about a Chick-fil-A cashier’s roles and job description, salary, hours, if it is a good job, and more, keep reading!
What’s The Chick-Fil-A Cashier Job Description?
A Chick-fil-A cashier is expected to operate the cash register while receiving payments from customers and preparing drink orders.
Typically, customers make payments through cash or credit cards.
However, at entry-level positions, Chick-fil-A cashiers are engaged in light duties such as basic customer service duties.
At all levels, the cashier must accurately handle cash and provide change to customers accordingly while guided by HMSHost’s customer service and cash handling policies.
More importantly, a cashier at Chick-fil-A is a non-exempt position and reports to the store manager.
What Are The Roles Of Chick-Fil-A Cashiers?
The roles and duties assigned to cashiers at Chick-fil-A are as outlined below:
- Operating cash registers
- Receiving payments and providing change to customers
- Preparation of drink orders
- Assists in locating, reconciling, and verifying transactions’ accuracy and operating equipment with peripheral electronic data processing
- Prepare food (depending on the location)
- Inventory control such as processing new items and stocking products
- Assist with pricing
- Maintains orderly appearance of register area and stocked supplies
- Follows all cash handling policies and procedures
- Maintain compliance with cash variance policy
What Are the Skills & Qualifications For Chick-Fil-A Cashiers?
The skills one must need to be a cashier at Chick-fil-A include:
- The ability to learn and comply with cash register systems and procedures
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic, and outgoing manner
- Assists in locating, reconciling, and verifying the accuracy of transactions and operating equipment with peripheral electronic data processing
- Must be able to follow instructions, both oral and written
- Must have basic math skills
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate appropriately
- Ready to work and maintain a clean retail environment
Is Cashier A Good Job At Chick-Fil-A?
Qualified cashier associates may earn special discounts and other job benefits at Chick-fil-A. However, employment benefits and availability vary by fast-food restaurant location.
Still, working as a cashier at Chick-fil-A comes with the following benefits:
- A flexible work schedule
- Work skills and experience
- A full or part-time position
- Fun work environment
- Free break meal
- Every Sunday is an off day
What’s A Chick-Fil-A Cashier’s Hourly Pay?
Basic hourly pay for any Chick-fil-A cashier ranges from $10-$13, with a definite figure of $11 hourly pay considered in almost all restaurants.
Also, a new cashier with experience in the fast-food industry is eligible for up to $13 per hour.
Further, over 959 Chick-fil-A cashier salary reports indicate an $11 hourly pay is arrived by factoring in bonuses (cash bonus, stock bonus) and additional compensations (profit sharing, commission sharing, and tips).
What’s A Chick-Fil-A Cashier’s Salary?
An average Chick-fil-A cashier’s salary is around $23,083. However, this rate varies from $14,700 to $663,463, depending on the location you’re attached to and your employer.
Still, reports on Chick-fil-A cashier salary reviews show that multiple reasons contribute to different pay rates: level of work experience, roles, and working hours.
How Can You Apply For The Position Of Chick-Fil-A Cashier?
Any applicant interested in the position of Chick-fil-A cashier should first express their intentions by visiting the company’s website.
Then, the next step involves applying for a cashier position and submitting their applications.
After a successful application, the company contacts the successful applicants for an interview.
In about a week, interviewees get their feedback, and if successful, one prepares for the next stage.
What Do You Have To Memorize As A New Chick-Fil-A Cashier?
After successfully landing yourself a job at Chick-fil-A as a cashier, here are some of the things you should memorize for a smooth transition:
- How to spell “Chick-fil-A” correctly
- Saying “My Pleasure”
- Repeating orders (this is critical)
- Being friendly to all customers
Does Chick-Fil-A Provide Cashier Training?
The first day you report at Chick-fil-A, you are expected to act in the position of an experienced cashier for about 30 minutes before you are fully entrusted with the position.
With that, the training is covered through the company’s e-training program with thorough guidance on most of the duties within a cashier’s position.
How Is Chick-Fil-A Cashier Training?
Many Chick-fil-A restaurants use Jolt to train all staff members.
That said, training new employees for the post of cashier at Chick-fil-A lasts between a few days and a couple of weeks. Also, training encompasses both visual and verbal orientation.
What Does A Chick-Fil-A Cashier Resume Contain?
While applying for the cashier post at Chick-fil-A, it is essential to indicate the following in your curriculum vitae:
- Past experiences in the foodservice roles (cashier)
- Skilled in performing safe food handling procedures
- Skills in customer service and sales transactions in a fast-paced environment
- Positive customer relations with a good sense of humor
How Many Hours Do Part-Time Cashiers Get At Chick-Fil-A?
Depending on the location and the employer, part-time Chick-fil-A cashiers work five to eight hours a day and approximately 20 hours a week.
How Long Does It Take To Get Your Cashier Uniform At Chick-Fil-A?
Generally, it takes about one to three weeks to get a uniform at Chick-fil-A, depending on the restaurant location.
Like other fast-food restaurants, Chick-fil-A is committed to hiring friendly, personable, and attentive workers to fill cashier jobs.
On top of that, workers must observe health and safety guidelines at all times.
Moreover, basic computation skills may prove beneficial during the Chick-fil-A hiring process.
Lastly, training generally lasts between a few days and a couple of weeks and involves visual and verbal orientation.