For Chick-fil-A to maintain its name among the most reputable fast foods, it has to employ efficient and effective employees in the back of the house (BOH) and front of the house (FOH).
If you are interested in working in a Chick-fil-A back of the house position, read on for factual details on the job description!
Chick-Fil-A Back Of House Team Member In 2023
Back of house team members are invisible to guests at Chick-Fil-A restaurants, as they spend most of their time at the back of the restaurant while ensuring the smooth running of the activities behind the scene in 2023. Because of their location, there is minimal guest contact; hence the restaurant manager bridges the gap.
To discover more about the roles of Chick-fil-A back of house team members, their pay rates, how to apply for the position, and the qualifications of a team member, continue reading!
What Does Then Chick-Fil-A Back Of House Job Entail?
At Chick-fil-A,a back of house team member is tasked with offering support to the kitchen team by efficiently and accurately assembling food and drink orders.
That said, Chick-fil-A’s back of house job is composed of various stations such as:
- Food prep, who handles the cold items such as salads and raw chicken
- Station for cutting the chicken into strips, filets, or nuggets
- Breading and marinating stations for fried and grilled items consecutively
While picking back of house team members, Chick-fil-A emphasizes the applicants’ energy and the friendly nature of the individual, among other factors.
What Other Positions Makeup Chick-Fil-A Back House?
Other Chick-fil-A back of house positions are made up of the following departments:
The marketing department is responsible for building and maintaining a positive public image of the company and its brands.
Also, other duties include releasing email newsletters, managing social media accounts, etc.
Due to huge sales reported in restaurants, the company employs more than one revenue manager in its restaurant to have all the workload effectively done.
Also, the revenue management docket is tasked with setting rates of the company services and products, coordinating relationships with online travel agencies, and implementing promotions.
Housekeeping is a fundamental department in the Chick-fil-A back of the house team. That said, they are entirely in charge of the neatness of the whole back of house working environment.
Additionally, the primary duties include cleaning public areas, cleaning rooms, and laundry.
Chick-fil-A’s financial team oversees all the financial aspects of the restaurant’s day-to-day activities ranging from accounting to payrolls.
Chefs at Chick-fil-A remove what’s in stock from the freezer or cooler. Also, this position requires one who is ready to stand for long hours.
Further, they should be ready to operate commercial open fryers.
What Are The Requirements For Chick-Fil-A Back House Positions?
If you want to work in a back of house position at Chick-fil-A, the requirements include:
- Must be at least 18 years of age upon hire date
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must have a source of reliable transportation
- Ability to handle all equipment, pans, pots, navigating shelving both high and low
- Reading, writing, and basic math and verbal communication skills required
- Be able to work in a hot, noisy, and fast-paced environment
- Mobility required during shifts
- Must work well under pressure
- Must be able to respond to changes or edits to orders quickly and efficiently
How Can I Work In Chick-Fil-A’s Back Of House?
If you are interested in working a Chick-fil-A back of the house position, the first step is to visit the company website and register your intentions.
After which, the company will guide you on the necessary steps for the various positions.
Luckily you pass the application process; the company then invites you for oral interviews and other subsequent hiring process stages.
Is Working Back Of House At Chick-Fil-A Hard?
The back of house position at Chick-fil-A cannot be classified as a hard job. However, just like any job, it has the most challenging and most enjoyable parts depending on the position.
According to reviews of past Chick-fil-A housekeepers, the most difficult part of the job was during closing hours because they had to clean up, take out the trash, and unplug fryers.
Moreover, the chef position can be challenging during rush hours since one can be forced to work for three hours straight.
What Is Chick-Fil-A Back House Director’s Salary?
A Chick-fil-A back of house director’s pay ranges from $24 to $26 per hour. However, this estimate is derived from a Chick-fil-A back of house review from Irvine, CA.
Moreover, this scale of pay difference depends on the location and the employer of the restaurant.
What Is Chick-Fil-A Back House Salary?
The back of the house team member at Chick-fil-A makes an average pay of $10 per hour, while the salary ranges from $9 to $16 per hour.
What Are The Benefits Of Working At Chick-Fil-A Back Of House?
Chick-fil-A offers more than just a job to all, as the opportunities are more of a stepping-stone in gaining skills for a successful future in the business field.
For example, here are some of the benefits of working at back of house at Chick-fil-A:
- Flexible Hours: the company is flexible enough to accommodate personal commitments to their loved ones/family.
- Closed Sundays: traditionally, all Chick-fil-A restaurants are closed on Sundays as guided by the company’s founder to allow its workers to attend to their personal life.
- Work Directly With A Chick-Fil-A Operator: This gives workers a great opportunity to learn more new skills on the best ways to relate with workmates.
- Competitive Pay: Along with a competitive paycheck, you will work in a nurturing environment to learn valuable business and people skills.
- It’s a Great Place to Work: At Chick-fil-A, its operators consider team members to be of great value than just employees. Senior workers work seamlessly with the new employees.
Lastly, the company retention rate proves that team members enjoy working at Chick-fil-A.
In conclusion, Chick-fil-A is open to anyone hoping to work at its back of house positions nationwide.
With that, back of house consists of various positions ranging from housekeeping to finance.
Also, the company offers permanent and part-time job opportunities with a high level of transparency. Lastly, back of house team members pocket an average pay of $10 to $16 per hour.