Lowe’s is known for its wide array of quality and reliable appliances. However, any machine can develop a fault either during the manufacturing process or after it. If a Lowe’s appliance does develop a fault, can Lowe’s repair it, and if not, what options does it offer?
Customers might be wondering what options Lowe’s provides for repairing appliances. I’ve done some digging into what the repair options are!
Does Lowe’s Repair Appliances?
Yes, you can get a Lowe’s appliance repaired. All appliances come with a manufacturer warranty, typically lasting a year, so any repairs will be carried out free of charge by the manufacturer in the first 12 months. After the first year, Lowe’s offers up to five years on its appliance protection plan, which covers appliance repairs.
For more information on what Lowe’s offers with its Appliance Protection Plan, as well as the cost for the repair, keep reading!
What Is Lowe’s Appliance Protection Plan?
As manufacturer warranties typically only last for one year, Lowe’s offers a protection plan that takes over after the manufacturer warranty has expired.
With that, Lowe’s offers a three or five-year plan on appliances, which extends the overall guarantee to a maximum of five years.
There are several core benefits in all of Lowe’s protection plans, including the following:
- Complete replacement of any product under $300
- Covers parts and labor for wear and tear after the manufacturer’s guarantee ends
- Parts and labor are covered in the event of a power surge
- Repairs for the product
In addition to the core plan benefits, the major appliance protection plan also includes:
- A 30% price-back award if you don’t use the plan for a service call before the expiration
- 50% cash back on items that keep your product running, like water filters, lines and hoses, rinse aids, cooktop cleaners, and more ($100 maximum per 12 months)
- Get up to $300 per incident of food loss due to a faulty fridge or freezer
- Reinstallation costs are covered after the manufacturer guarantee expires
- Quick repair guarantee within seven days, or you get a $50 one-time payment, comes into effect after the manufacturer guarantee ends
As you can see, as well as covering repairs of appliances, the protection plan has a multitude of other benefits to justify its price.
What Does Lowe’s Charge For Repairs?
In the first year, Lowe’s appliances are covered by the manufacturer’s guarantee. So, any repair needed will be repaired free of charge by a certified technician.
To cover an appliance beyond the first year, you must buy a Lowe’s protection plan. With that, the prices vary depending on whether you buy a three or five-year plan and the cost of the appliance.
For example, the prices of some of the protection plans from Lowe’s cost the following:
- Appliances between $0-$199: $24.97 for three years and $49.97 for five years
- Appliances between $5000- $12,499.99, it’s $219.97 for three years and $389.97 for five years
Once you purchase a Lowe’s appliance protection plan, any repairs needed will be covered by it and carried out by a certified technician.
Also, any excess costs for repairs will be covered by Lowe’s through a protection plan.
What Types Of Appliances Can Be Repaired By Lowe’s?
Lowe’s appliance protection plan covers the following appliances:
- Washing machines
- Over-the-range microwaves
- Range hoods
- Wall ovens
- Trash compactors
What Is the Wait Time For a Lowe’s Appliance Repair?
When the appliance is in its first year of use, it’s covered by the manufacturer’s guarantee. Generally, the wait time for a manufacturer to repair a product is up to 28 working days.
Still, it depends on technician availability and travel time for the manufacturer.
If Lowe’s appliance protection plan is purchased, it prides itself on a quick seven-day repair.
For example, if the appliance isn’t repaired within seven days, the customer will receive a one-time payment of $50.