T-Mobile is one of the most well-known cell phone carriers in America, and if you have T-Mobile or are thinking of switching, you might want to know: does T-Mobile block spam calls and texts?
Well, I have been researching this question and have found the answer, so read on to learn what I’ve discovered so you’ll know whether you can block annoying spam calls!
Does T-Mobile Block Spam Calls & Texts in 2023?
T-Mobile does block spam calls and texts with both Scam Block and Scam ID, which are free for all T-Mobile customers in 2023. Scam ID is automatic, but Scam Block requires you to turn it on to work or download the Scam Shield app. Additionally, you can find Scam ID and Scam Block standards with any postpaid T-Mobile plan.
Do you want to know more about T-Mobile blocking spam calls, such as how you can turn the spam blocker on or off? If so, keep on reading to find out that answer plus so much more!
Does T-Mobile Block Spam Texts?
You can turn Message Blocking on or off if you’re the T-Mobile account holder, but blocking spam texts isn’t an automatic feature for T-Mobile phones or plans.
Therefore, to turn Message Blocking on or off, you will need to log in to the T-Mobile website or app, and then go to the “Blocking” page and look for “Message Blocking.”
Additionally, if you get a spam text message, you can either forward the message to 7726 or you can copy and paste the spam message to 7726 and the Security Center will analyze it.
How Do I Turn On Scam Block with T-Mobile?
If you want to turn on the T-Mobile Scam Block feature, you’re going to need to do one of the following:
- Dial #662# from your T-Mobile device
- Download the Scam Shield app
- Log in to the T-Mobile website or app and turn on Scam Block from there
- Dial #436# if you have a T-Mobile Prepaid account
What Is the T-Mobile Scam Shield App?
The T-Mobile Scam Shield app is one of the ways you can enable Scam Block, and it also offers you additional scam and spam protection features, such as the following:
- Report scam calls, fraud, and telemarketers
- Turn Scam Block on or off
- View how many likely scam calls you’ve had
- Report unwanted calls
- Report misidentified calls
- View your Caller ID name for outbound calls
- Turn on your inbound Caller ID
- Set specific numbers to always come through
Also, these are the basic features of Scam Shield that are on the free version of the app for iOS and Android.
However, there is a premium version you can pay for which is $4 per month per line or free if you have a Magenta plan, and includes features such as:
- The reverse number lookup feature
- Allow you to block categories such as political calls or telemarketers
- Voice-to-text transcription through Visual Voicemail or text
- Your blocked numbers will transfer to a new device since it’s stored on the network
How Do I Upgrade to the T-Mobile Scam Shield Premium?
If you’d like to get the additional scam protection features found in T-Mobile’s Scam Shield app, you can upgrade by following the steps below:
- Open the Scam Shield app
- Select “Settings”
- Select “My Account”
- Click on “Upgrade to Premium”
- Follow the prompts on the screen
However, you must be the account holder to add Scam Shield Premium to your account, and each line will cost you $4 more per month unless you’re on a Magenta plan.
How Has T-Mobile Scam ID & Scam Block Improved?
Scam Block and Scam ID have improved through the years since it first was released and T-Mobile has added the following:
- Scam ID will now show “Scam Likely” automatically and will show the phone number
- Scam ID will be more likely to catch spoof calls since call behavior is tracked by T-Mobile
- Scam Block lets you block the “Scam Likely” calls so you don’t have to see them
- T-Mobile added network-level protection so spoofing local neighborhood numbers are stopped or decreased significantly
T-Mobile does block spam calls through Scam ID which is an automatic feature for all T-Mobile postpaid customers, but you can download the Scam Shield app for free to access Scam Block.
Furthermore, Scam Block gives you additional ways to block scams and spam calls, and there is a premium version for $4 per month per line that has even more benefits and features.