Being a student can be stressful, especially when it comes to saving money and paying the bills, which is why it’s a good idea to look for student discounts anywhere you can.
If you’re looking for cell phone providers or internet and television services, you may be asking: does Verizon offer student discounts? If so, keep reading to find out what I discovered!
Does Verizon Offer Student Discounts In 2022?
Verizon does offer student discounts, and you don’t have to be an existing customer to sign up for the Verizon Students Unlimited Plan. You must be the account owner to get the discount, so you’ll need to have your own Verizon account. Students can also receive discounts on Disney+ and other streaming services as a student in 2022.
Do you want to know more about the Verizon student discount offers, including how you can qualify for the discount, or what information is needed? Read below to learn the details!
Does Verizon Have an Education Discount?
Verizon has an education discount for college students called the Students Unlimited Plan, which allows you to get up to $25 off per month on the regular price for two lines or $10 off for one line.
The current plans include 5G Start, 5G Do More, 5G Get More, and 5G Play More, which are all unlimited plans that’ll give students the freedom they need to stay connected.
What Are the Qualifications for Student Discount Verizon?
You can qualify for the student discount from Verizon if you meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any higher learning program, including online enrollment, in either vocational, undergraduate, or graduate programs
- Live within the United States
- Be an account manager or owner of your Verizon plan
- Have a maximum of two smartphones (but tablets, watches, and other connected devices don’t count against the two limit)
- Have the ability to validate your current college status using Unidays when registering for the Verizon Students Unlimited Plan
Additionally, you will not qualify if you’re on a Verizon plan with your parents since you’ll need to have your own Verizon account to be the account manager or owner.
Does Verizon Offer Additional Student Discounts?
Depending on which Verizon Students Unlimited Plan you choose, you could be eligible for additional discounts on the following services:
- Mobile + Home Rewards
- Disney Bundle
- Paper-free and autopay discounts
Additionally, Verizon may have other special offers for students throughout the year or run other promotions that allow you to gain even more benefits and perks!
How Can Students Register for Verizon Student Discounts?
If you’re already an account owner and existing customer of Verizon, it’s easy to register for the Verizon student discounts by following this simple guide:
- Ensure you’re already on one of the Verizon Unlimited Plans, and if you’re not, you’ll need to change your plan first
- Head to the Verizon Students Discounts website and either click on “Validate Now” or “Register” to begin the validation process with Unidays
- Enter all required information for Unidays and complete the validation
Also, Verizon offers a step-by-step guide on how you can register for discounts, so if you’re confused about the process, you can simply access that page for more detailed instructions.
Additionally, if you’re not yet a Verizon customer, you can head to the Student Discounts site to enroll. Once you’ve determined that you’re eligible, you can easily find a phone and select a plan!
You’ll get more savings if you activate two lines instead of one, but either way, you’re going to save money with the Verizon Students Unlimited Plan.
How Can You Verify That Your Verizon Student Discount is Active?
It’s easy to verify that the student discount offer was applied to your account after you’ve submitted all required information by following the steps listed below:
- Receive a notice that the student discount submission was validated
- Go to the My Verizon website and click on “Discounts” or click “Plan” and then “Promotions and Discounts”
- You also can download the My Verizon App and click on “Bill” and look at the “Account Charges” for the specific line
- You’ll need to click on the “+” sign to see specific details about that account, such as discounts applied.
Does Verizon FIOS Have Student Discounts?
Verizon FIOS does have student discounts, although they’re not available for all students since they’re offered through select schools nationwide.
Therefore, you cannot sign up directly through Verizon FIOS and will need to contact your school to see if it’s a part of a Verizon FIOS discount program.
Additionally, you’re more likely to find a student discount for Verizon FIOS if you attend a larger university compared to a smaller community college.
How Much is the Verizon FIOS Student Discount?
If your school is part of the student discount offer from Verizon FIOS, you can expect to save anywhere between 10% and 20% off of your bill each month.
However, the specific details of the student discount offered by Verizon FIOS will vary by school, so the savings and additional promotional offers won’t be the same for everyone.
What Verification is Needed for the Verizon FIOS Student Discount?
The only verification you’ll need for a student discount is either an email address with an .edu or a student identification card will work to prove your status at the school.
Verizon offers student discounts through the Verizon Students Unlimited Plan, which can save you anywhere from $10 off to $25 off your monthly bill.
However, you can only have two smartphones on the student plan, but you can add as many other devices, such as tablets and smartwatches as you want.