Did you just get a phone or upgrade and you’re wondering how to activate a new Verizon phone and what the steps involved are?
Well, keep reading below because I’ll tell you everything I’ve found out about the process and tell you all you need to know so you can get up and running within minutes!
How to Activate New Verizon Phone In [currentyear]?
If you’re activating a new Verizon Android phone and you’re an existing customer you’ll need to put the battery in your new phone and charge it beforehand. Turn off both the new device and your old phone, and insert your SIM card into your new phone. Turn on the new phone and follow the Setup Wizard.
Do you want to know more about activating a new Verizon phone, such as how to activate your new iPhone? If so, keep reading to learn about the process and more to get you up and running!
How To Activate New Verizon iPhone?
If you’re activating a new Verizon iPhone and are an existing customer, the steps are very similar to activating an Android device, so just follow the steps below to complete the activation process:
- Put the battery in your new phone
- Charge the battery
- Power the new iPhone and old iPhone off
- Insert your SIM card into the new phone
- Turn your new iPhone on and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation
Do I Need to Call Verizon To Activate My New Phone?
If you ordered your new phone from Verizon, there is no need to call Verizon to activate it as it will come ready to be activated.
Furthermore, the on-screen prompts guide you through this simple process when you power on the device and complete the above activation steps.
How Do You Activate a SIM Card For Verizon?
You can go to the Activate or Switch Device page found in My Verizon to activate a replacement SIM or activate your device that comes with a pre-installed SIM card.
How Long Does It Take To Activate a Phone Verizon?
If you choose the Over-The-Air method, it should take about four minutes to complete the activation process for your new Verizon 4G phone.
However, there are rare instances where this process could take up to 24 hours.
How Do I Activate a New Verizon Prepaid Phone?
Follow the simple steps below to activate your new Verizon prepaid phone and you’ll be ready to go within a matter of minutes!
- Sign up for the prepaid plan
- Power the new phone on
- Choose “New Customer” or “Existing Customer” depending on if you’re adding a new line or creating an account for the first time
- The instructions on the screen tell you how to connect your Verizon account to your phone
- Make a phone call from the new prepaid phone to complete the activation process
- You also can activate your new prepaid phone by calling 1-866- 893-7723
How Do I Activate New Verizon Phone Online?‘
If you purchased your Verizon phone online, it comes deactivated and you’ll need to activate it before you can use it, so you should follow the steps below to complete the process:
- Create a My Verizon account
- Sign in to your My Verizon account
- Click on “Activate, Switch, or Bring Your Own Device”
- Click on “Activate a Device on an Existing Line”
- Select which line you want to activate the device on
- Verizon ensures the device is compatible so select “Yes” if the device was on your account previously or “No” if it’s a new device
- Enter the Device ID
- Select ‘Check Device”
- Select the phone you are activating as a verification code is required
- Select “Text Me the Code”
- A text will appear on the new phone to verify it
- Enter the code into the “Online Authorization Code” box
- Select “Confirm”
- Enter the SIM ID and select “Check ID”
- Select “Confirm”
How Do I Switch Phones And Keep The Same Number With Verizon?
It’s simple to switch phones with another that’s on your account while keeping your same phone number by just following the steps below to get it all set up within minutes:
- Go to your My Verizon account online and sign in
- Select “Devices” and then “Activate or Switch Device”
- Select “Swap Numbers”
- Find the two devices that you want to swap around
- Select “Next”
- You may have to switch plan options or you can keep them the same so click “Confirm” after you’ve selected the plan
- Review any changes and then select “Confirm Feature & Plan Changes”
- You can then backup your data and transfer files and once completed select “ Continue”
- Do the above step for the other device
- Power off both devices
- Select “Swap Devices” and then select “Yes” to confirm the choice
- You’ll need to power both devices back on and follow the prompts on the screen to complete the activation
- Dial #832 from both devices to make sure they work
If you’re an existing Verizon customer it’s simple to activate your new Verizon phone by simply putting the battery in the new phone and charging it, and then turning off both phones.
Furthermore, you’ll need to insert the SIM card into your new phone and then power the new device on to begin the on-screen activation process.
The activation should take less than five minutes to complete, although, in rare instances, it may take longer.