Having a USPS account allows users to print shipping labels, request a package pickup, and file a missing package claim. It’s a useful service for many, but some users may want to delete their USPS accounts.
So, how can you delete a USPS account? We cover how you can do that in this article, so keep reading to learn more!
How to Delete a USPS Account In 2023
It is possible to delete an online USPS account in 2023. There are two ways to get an account deleted. One, send an email with the subject line “Request for Account Deletion” to email@example.com. Alternatively, contact the USPS support center on the Postal Service’s website.
If you’ve decided that you want to delete your USPS account but still need some help doing it, then be sure to keep reading!
Can You Delete Your USPS Account?
It is possible to delete your online USPS account, but that being said, you cannot delete your account directly from the USPS database.
Rather, you either need to send an email to USPS requesting that your account be deleted or you need to contact the USPS support center and have an associate do it for you.
We go over the step-by-step instructions for both methods in the next section.
How Do You Delete Your USPS Account?
As mentioned above, there are two ways you can delete your USPS account.
One way is to email the Postal Service and request account deletion.
Alternatively, you can visit the USPS support center online and file a support ticket.
Now that we know the two options, let’s go over the instructions for how to delete a USPS account.
How to delete a USPS account by email:
- Log in to your preferred email account, and add the details about your USPS account in the body of your email.
- Compose an email requesting that your account be deleted from the USPS database. Include the email address you registered your account through in the body of the email.
- Put either “Request for Account Deletion” or “USPS Account Deletion” in the subject line.
- Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your account should be deleted from the database in 3 to 4 business days.
How to delete a USPS account via the USPS support page:
- Navigate to the USPS website and log in to your account.
- Click on the “Support” icon at the top right corner of the page.
- On the next page, click on “Email Us.”
- Select USPS.com when prompted for the reason for your email.
- Choose “My Online Account” on the next page.
- Enter your username in the form that appears.
- Select “Profile” from the dropdown menu under “Can you tell us more about your Online Account issue?”
- Add the date of your request.
- Write a note requesting account deletion in the additional information box.
- Click “Next.”
- Enter your personal information (name and email address), then click “Next.”
Once you complete all of these steps, you’ve successfully submitted your request for account deletion to the USPS support team.
Why Would Someone Delete a USPS Account?
There’s no doubt that a USPS account can be very helpful. After all, having an account allows you to print shipping labels, request a package pickup, and file a missing mail claim.
But even with all of these advantages, there are some who prefer to delete their account.
Here are a few reasons why someone might choose to get rid of their USPS account.
- They’re receiving suspicious or spam emails that appear to be from USPS
- They moved out of the United States and no longer use USPS’ services
- They’re receiving too many advertising emails from USPS
To learn more, you can also read our posts on USPS vs DHL, why is your USPS account disabled, and how to stop mail forwarding at USPS.
Luckily, USPS makes creating an online account as easy as deleting one. All you need to do is send an email or contact the USPS support team.
Once USPS receives your request, it should only take a few days for your account to get deleted.