Have you heard of a Verizon carrier update before, and have been wondering what it is and whether you need to perform the update?
Well, I’m going to tell you all about the Verizon carrier update below, so keep reading to find out what this is and whether it applies to your Verizon device.
What Is the Verizon Carrier Update In 2024?
A Verizon carrier update is meant to boost the cellular network of your device in 2024. Carrier updates are performed by Verizon when a new iOS device has been released, and when new features become available for Apple devices. The carrier settings update is not related to iOS updates and bug fixes, as it’s a separate update altogether.
Do you want to know more about Verizon carrier updates, including how to perform the update? If so, keep reading to learn all about it so your device will work to the best of its abilities!
What Is the Verizon Carrier Update?
A Verizon carrier update will update various settings to ensure your iOS device is working properly, and will also add support for new features added to iOS.
For example, the Verizon carrier update will update settings and features available on your device, such as the following:
- Access Point Names
- MMS features and settings
- Updates to default apps
- Wi-Fi Calling
- Listening to voicemails
Therefore, the Verizon carrier update will help boost your cellular network, provide you with better quality connections, and ensure your phone is capable of handling the new iOS features.
How Do I Perform the Verizon Carrier Update for iPad?
If you want to perform a Verizon carrier update on your iPad, then just follow these simple steps below:
- Go to the Home screen on your iPad
- Select “Settings,” and then “General”
- Select “About,” and then you’ll see the option to perform the update if the new carrier update has been released
How Do I Perform the Verizon Carrier Update on iPhone?
It’s incredibly easy to perform the Verizon carrier update on an iPhone by performing the following actions:
- Go to the Home screen on your iPhone
- Select “Settings” and then click “General”
- Select “About”
- If there is an update available from Verizon, it will appear and allow you to select it to begin the carrier update
How Do I View the Verizon Carrier Version?
If you don’t know what version of the Verizon carrier update you’re on, it’s easy to find that information if you follow the guide below:
- Start at the Home Screen
- Select “Settings,” and then go into “General”
- Click on “About”
- Select “Carrier” to see the version number
- Click on the version number listed, and you can see more carrier information
Is the Verizon Carrier Update Automatic?
A majority of the time, your device should alert you when a new Verizon carrier update is available, although you can choose to ignore it and perform it at a later date.
However, you should not ignore the Verizon carrier update altogether, since it’s important to keep your device running smoothly, and ensure that it connects properly to the cellular network.
When Would I Need to Perform a Verizon Carrier Update Manually?
There are a couple of specific situations in which you’d need to perform the Verizon carrier update manually, such as the following:
- If you got a new SIM card- You’ll need to perform a Verizon carrier update anytime the SIM card in your device changes so that the proper cellular network settings are downloaded
- Ignored an update message- If you’ve chosen to ignore the popup carrier update message recently, you’re going to have to perform the update manually
- Traveling overseas and using a local SIM- You might use a local SIM card overseas to save money, but you’ll have to manually update the carrier settings first
Additionally, if you’ve noticed your iPhone or iPad isn’t working properly or seems glitchy, it’s a good idea to manually check the carrier update settings to see if an update is available.
However, if you manually go into the settings, and there is not a popup alerting you of a new update, this means that you’re already updated on your carrier settings for the time being.
Is It Safe to Update Carrier Settings on an iPhone?
It’s completely safe to update the carrier settings on your iPhone, and it’s encouraged, because if you don’t update the settings, then you may notice your device isn’t working as it should.
For example, your device might be having trouble connecting to the Verizon network, or maybe you’re not getting text messages right away, and this could be due to old carrier settings.
Also, Apple encourages users to update carrier settings on both the iPhone and iPad so that the devices work properly and can connect to the carrier for calling, texting, and mobile hotspots.
A Verizon carrier update is released by Verizon specifically for iOS devices, including the iPad and iPhone, and is meant to ensure your device is working properly and efficiently. Furthermore, carrier updates will fix bugs and glitches, strengthening your connection.
You should receive a popup when there is a new Verizon carrier update available, but if you’ve ignored the message, you can manually install the update at your convenience in the future.