If you plan on going with Verizon as your cell phone carrier, you should know that some phones take an eSIM instead of a physical SIM card. However, did you know about the Verizon eSIM QR Code?
Do you know how to get a Verizon eSIM QR code? Well, don’t worry, because if you keep reading you’ll learn what I’ve found out about this topic!
What Is the Verizon eSIM QR Code In 2023?
A Verizon eSIM QR code allows you to quickly bring your own device to Verizon from another carrier, or get onto the Verizon network if the phone was from a reseller. The Verizon eSIM QR code is part of the activation process if the device supports eSIM, and it’ll download your profile right onto your device in 2023.
Do you want to know more about the Verizon eSIM QR code, such as how do you get an eSIM QR code, and how it works? If so, continue reading to find out all of the important details!
What Is a Verizon eSIM QR Code?
If you’ve never heard of an eSIM before, it’s a digital SIM card that’s embedded into your device, and it’s a new technology that replaces the old physical SIM cards.
Furthermore, when you set up a phone with an eSIM, you’ll have an eSIM profile, and you can download this profile right to your device by pointing your camera at the eSIM QR code.
You can use the eSIM to transfer your phone to Verizon from another carrier, and also use the eSIM QR code if you purchased your phone from a reseller that wasn’t Verizon.
Additionally, Verizon may require that you use the eSIM QR code to activate the device on the Verizon network.
How Do I Get an eSIM QR Code?
You’ll get an eSIM QR code when you begin the process of activating your device on the Verizon network, and the QR code will come through your email address on file.
Also, you can get an eSIM QR code by downloading the My Verizon app, and following the instructions within the app to access the QR code.
How Do I Switch to eSIM on Verizon?
If you’d like to switch to eSIM on Verizon, and you’re already a Verizon customer, then you can just call Verizon to switch to eSIM at 1-(800) 922-0204.
However, if you’re a new customer to Verizon, and you’d like to switch to eSIM, you can contact the Customer Service Sales Department at 1-(800) 225-5499 to complete the activation.
Can Verizon Activate eSIM?
You can activate the eSIM through the My Verizon App, and it’s easy to do if you have an iPhone or another eSIM device.
For example, if you have an eSIM iPhone you’d like to activate on Verizon, just follow these easy steps to activate the eSIM:
- Download the My Verizon app
- Select “Join Now”
- Find your Digital SIM IEMI number by going into “Settings,” then select “General,” click “About,” and copy the SIM IMEI
- Go back to the Verizon app, and paste the SIM IMEI number where it says “Digital SIM IMEI Number”
- Ensure it’s eligible to be activated on Verizon by selecting “Check Eligibility”
- Select “Let’s Go”
- Go through the Verizon activation process, which includes selecting your location, phone number, picking a plan, and entering your payment and billing information
- Verizon will perform a credit check, and once you’re approved, you can create a PIN for your account
- Go through the Customer Agreement, and then you’ll need to activate your eSIM by checking your email on a different device
- Within your email, you’ll receive a QR Code
- Go into “Settings,” select “Cellular,” and then select “Add Cellular Plan”
- You’ll need to scan the QR code from your email, and then complete the setup process by following the prompts
Does Verizon Support eSIM on iPad?
Verizon does support eSIM on iPad if you have an eligible device, which includes the iPad Pro 2021 version or newer.
Additionally, there are other eligibility requirements for iPad eSIM support on Verizon, which include the following:
- The device is on a Wi-Fi network inside of the Verizon coverage area
- The iPad must be unlocked
- Your eSim activation was completed properly and processed
Also, you’ll see a notification within Settings once the iPad eSIM was processed. Next, you’ll want to click “Settings,” and you should see “Verizon Cellular Plan Ready to be Installed.”
Select “Continue,” and your eSim activation will start, and it’ll be enabled for you to use.
How Long Does it Take for Verizon eSIM to Activate?
It can take 24 hours for Verizon eSIM to activate, although it typically only takes several minutes to complete the process, especially if you’re porting from another carrier.
Does the Verizon eSIM QR Code Work for Multiple Devices?
Unfortunately, if you use an eSIM QR code, you can only use one QR code per device, which means you’ll need to get a QR code for each device you want on Verizon.
The Verizon eSIM QR code can be found in your email, and it’s required if you want to bring an eSIM device to Verizon from another carrier, or bring a phone to Verizon from a reseller.
However, you can only use one eSIM QR code per device, and you must have an unlocked device for the QR code to scan successfully and activate on the Verizon network.