If you use Verizon Message+, which is a much better messaging app than the default app on your device, are you wondering how Verizon Message+ backup works?
Well, continue reading below to learn all about how Verizon Message+ backup works and I’ll answer all of the important questions you have!
Verizon Message+ Backup In 2023
Verizon Message+ backup allows you to backup all of your Verizon Messages quickly and easily. With Android, you’ll need to have Verizon Cloud enabled, and with iOS, you’ll need Apple Cloud enabled. Backing up the Verizon Message+ messages means that you’ll be able to access messages anytime you need them, even if you delete them from the device.
Do you want to know more about Verizon Message+ backup, such as how do you save or store the messages? If so, keep reading below because I’ve got all of the answers you’re looking for!
How Do I Backup Verizon+ Messages?
The process to backup your Verizon+ Messages will depend on whether you have an iOS device or Android device, and if you have an Android device, just follow the steps below:
- Open Messages+
- Go to the right-hand side of the screen and click to expand the menu
- Find the “Backup” option and select it
- Once the process has finished, you’ll see that the messages are now available on Verizon Cloud
In addition, you can backup your Verizon+ Messages quickly with an Apple device by following these simple steps:
- Open “Settings” on the iOS device you own
- Find “iCloud” which has your name attached
- Select “iCloud” and then “Turn on Messages”
- This will now backup all of your messages to the iCloud
How Do I Restore My Verizon Plus Messages?
If you have an Android device, you can easily and quickly restore your Verizon Plus Messages by following this easy guide:
- Log in to the Verizon Cloud app using your Verizon account
- Open up Message+ and go into “Settings”
- Select “Tools” and then select “Content Restore”
- Select “Messages” and then click on “Restore”
- You can choose to either do this using Mobile Data or Wi-Fi
- Select the date range for the message restore
- Use the Verizon Cloud as your messaging app for a moment
- Select “Restore” and then select “Cloud” to make it the default
- Select “Restore”
- Once restore has finished, you’ll be able to see the messages that have been deleted
Additionally, if you have an iPhone, you’re going to need to follow a different process which includes the fact you’ll need to have iCloud for Messages already on and enabled.
Also, the restoration will only work if you factory reset your iPhone, which can be completed by following these steps:
- Go into “Settings”
- Select “General” and then “Reset”
- Select “Erase All Content & Settings” and then select “Erase Now”
- Factory reset will take a couple of minutes
- Once completed, your iPhone will turn on with the Welcome screen
- Go into “Apps & Data” and select “Restore from iCloud backup”
- Log back into your iCloud account
- Select the date you want to begin the restoration and begin
- Once the process has finished your messages should be restored in the Messages+ app
How Do I Retrieve Text Messages From Verizon Cloud?
The process is simple if you’d like to view your text messages that are stored in the Verizon Cloud and you can do it within seconds by performing the following steps:
- Sign in to your My Verizon account from any web browser
- Go to “Account” and then select “More”
- Look for “Text Online”
- Click on “Accept” after you’ve viewed the Terms & Conditions if prompted
- You’ll see that the conversations are on the left side of the page
- Select which text messages you’d like to view
Does Verizon Cloud Backup All Text Messages?
Verizon Cloud will backup all text messages after the initial syncing process has been completed.
However, during the initial sync process from your device to the Verizon Cloud, you’ll only be able to back up the last 90 days of messages.
When you first sync your mobile device with Verizon Cloud, all texts from the last 90 days will sync to the cloud. After that, all new texts sent or received on your device will also sync to the cloud.
How Do I Backup Verizon Message+ to an SD Card?
You have the ability to backup your Verizon Message+ conversations to an SD card, but it can be trickier than other backup options, so just follow our simple guide below to complete the process:
- Open up Message+ on your device
- Click the avatar next to the conversation so that you see a checkmark
- Look at the top left-hand side of the screen where it’ll say “All,” “X” or a number
- Select the avatars that you want to backup or just select “All” for all conversations
- Look to the top right-hand side of the screen for a download symbol
- Select that download symbol and then save it to the SD card
However, it’s important to note that for this process to work correctly, you should update to the latest version of Verizon Message+, and if you’re not up to date, update first.
Verizon Message+ backup allows you to effortlessly back up all of your messages to either the Verizon Cloud if you have Android or Apple iCloud if you have an iOS device.
However, the steps you’ll need to follow to backup messages depend on the device you own, and with the Message+ backup ability, you can also choose to backup to an SD card.