Verizon is one of the biggest and most popular wireless networks, and the company is always offering discounts and promotions to customers, which can save you a lot of money.
Are you a first responder and wondering whether there is a Verizon first responder discount? Are you curious how much you could save? If so, keep reading to discover the details I’ve found out!
What Is the Verizon First Responder Discount In 2022?
The Verizon first responder discount allows you to save money on accessories and plans that Verizon offers in 2022. The deals include savings of 25% off on select accessories if you purchase online through your My Verizon account, and 10% off if you purchase accessories in-store! Additionally, you can also receive a discount on Verizon Fios services for your home.
Do you want to know even more about the Verizon first responder discount, such as how to apply and more? Well, continue reading below to find the answers to all of your questions!
Who Qualifies for the Verizon First Responder Discount?
To get the Verizon first responder discount, you’re going to need to be either a volunteer, retired, or active first responder in the following fields:
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Emergency Medical Services
- Local Police
- State Trooper
- Sheriff Deputy
- Any next of kin of the above fields that were Killed in Action (KIA), which includes children and spouses within the household
Unfortunately, some first responders are not entitled to the Verizon discount, such as federal law enforcement that works in NSA, FBI, CIA, DEA, FEMA, and Border Patrol.
How Much of a Discount Do First Responders Get with Verizon?
You’ll save 25% off accessories if you use your My Verizon account and order online, or you can get 10% off if you shop in Verizon stores.
Additionally, you’ll save on your monthly Verizon Wireless phone bill, and the amount of the discount will vary depending on how many lines are on your account.
The discount could be $10 per month off your phone bill, or could be close to $30 off your phone bill every month, depending on your plan.
Overall, you can save over $100 annually with the discount!
What Verizon Plans Are Eligible for the First Responder Discount?
Most Verizon plans are eligible for the first responder discount, including the following:
- Unlimited Plans (either new 5G Unlimited Plans or the older Unlimited plans, which are no longer available to purchase)
- Any standard Verizon plan that is higher than $34.99 per month
However, if you have aq Shared Data Plan or a Prepaid Plan, you cannot get this offer.
Does Verizon Fios Offer a First Responder Discount?
You can also get a Verizon Fios first responder discount, which will save you a lot of money each month on your home television and internet services.
Also, with the Fios discount, you’ll save between $5 and $15 per month on your home television and internet services, depending on which plan you choose.
Does ID Me Work with Verizon?
You will have to verify your eligibility to get the first responder discount from Verizon through ID.me, which is very easy to do if you follow these simple steps:
- Visit the First Responders Discount page
- Select “Verify Your Eligibility,” which will pop up in the ID.me window
- Sign in to your ID.me account or create an ID.me account
- Complete the steps for verification, and once that has been completed successfully, you will be redirected to the Discounts by Verizon page
- Choose either “New to Verizon” or “Existing Customer,” and then sign up for the services and plan you want
However, to be eligible for the discount, you must validate your eligibility, which you only have to do once for your account, and you can only have one discount on your account at once.
How Do I Verify Eligibility for the Verizon First Responder Discount?
For first responders, it’s easy to verify your eligibility if additional documents are needed beyond ID.me, and you can verify your status with one of the following documents:
- Pension stub
- Volunteer ID
- Statement of volunteer service
- If it’s a discount for next of kin KIA, then you’ll need the First Responder Agency to sign an affidavit listing KIA status
Additionally, any documents you have to upload as part of the eligibility process also have certain qualifications and requirements, including the following:
- A document cannot be more than 2 months old
- The document must have the organization name, your name, and the date legible
- The document can be uploaded by taking a picture with your phone
- The uploaded document needs to be in GIF, TIF, PNG, PDF, JPEG, or JPG format
- A document cannot be more than 5MB in size
- You’re allowed to block out the sensitive information from the document if it’s your bank account number, employee ID, social security number, or tax information
How Do You Check Verizon First Responder Discount Status?
You’re able to quickly and easily check the first responder discount status by going to the Check My Submission Status webpage, and then entering the required information.
However, it’s important to note that any documents needed to validate your eligibility could take 10 days to review, and once confirmed, could take 2 billing cycles to show up on your bill.
How Can I View the Verizon First Responder Discount?
After your submission has been validated, you should get a notification from Verizon, and at that point, you can view the discount using either the My Verizon app or online.
For example, if you want to check your discount using the My Verizon app, use the following method:
- Open the My Verizon app
- Select “Bill” from the main menu
- Find your current bill and select “Account Changes”
- Select the + sign, which will tell you the details of changes, and the discount will be within this section
Furthermore, it’s also simple to use the My Verizon website to check your first responder discount by completing the following steps:
- Log in to your My Verizon account online
- Select “Discounts”
- Select “Plan”
- Scroll to the bottom and select “Promotions and Discounts”
- You will see the first responder discount details listed
However, you may not see the discount appear on your bill right away, as it usually takes 2 billing cycles to appear, so after the first month, you can view the discount right from My Verizon.
Do I Have to Be the Account Owner to Get a Verizon First Responder Discount?
You will need to be the account owner or manager of the Verizon account if you’d like the first responder discount, since it has to be in the same name.
Also, if your account is in someone else’s name, then you can do a Transfer of Service request for the account if you’d like to sign up for the discount.
The only exception to this rule is if the discount is for the next of kin of someone killed in action.
Does Adding the Verizon First Responder Discount Change My Payment Agreement?
Your payment agreement does not change if you add the Verizon first responder discount to your account.
Additionally, it will have no impact on your current Verizon plan or the contract that you have with Verizon.
Verizon offers a nice first responder discount that can save you on your monthly wireless phone bill, but the discount depends on the plan you have, and how many lines are on your account.
Furthermore, the discount applies to almost any retired, volunteer, or active first responder, such as firefighter, sheriff, EMT, EMS, and more except for federal law enforcement.