Verizon is one of the largest cell phone networks in the United States, and if you’ve just spent a lot of money on a phone, you might be wondering about purchasing Verizon Protect insurance.
So, do you know how Verizon Protect insurance works and how much it’ll cost you a month for this service? If not, keep reading to learn everything I’ve found out below!
What Is Verizon Protect In 2023?
Verizon Protect is an all-in-one service that offers protection for your personal information and your devices, available in New York state only. In addition to mobile insurance and protection, Verizon Protect comes with identity theft monitoring, Wi-Fi security, and many other useful features for your digital life.
Do you want to know what features you’ll get with Verizon Protect, and if you can cancel it anytime you want? If so, read below to find out all that and so much more!
What Is Verizon Protect?
Verizon Protect is device protection for your Verizon devices, and also offers technical support and security to help you manage and protect your digital life all in one place.
Additionally, Verizon Protect has two different versions available for customers, which includes the normal Verizon Protect for just one line, or you can get Verizon Protect Multi-Device.
Which Features are Offered by Verizon Protect?
Verizon Protect offers several features to protect and manage your devices and personal information, including features such as the following:
- Identity theft monitoring
- Wi-Fi security
- Wi-Fi protection
- Personalized help from Tech Coaches
- Unknown phone number identification
- Device repair and replacement
- Unlimited crack screen repair
- Robocall blocker
- Battery replacement
- Same-day delivery and setup
Who Is Eligible for Verizon Protect?
Unfortunately, Verizon Protect is only available for customers living in New York, but customers outside of New York have the option of joining Verizon Mobile Protect instead.
Additionally, Verizon has other eligibility requirements to join Verizon Protect, such as the following:
- Have a standard Verizon account (prepaid, business, and government accounts are ineligible for Verizon Protect)
- Be a customer of Verizon living in New York
- Enroll within 30 days of bringing your own eligible phone to Verizon, or within 30 days of purchasing or activating a new phone
- Have a new line or existing line, depending on whether you brought your own phone or purchased a new phone
- If you brought your own phone, your device is only eligible if it’s functional and not damaged, free of all defects, doesn’t have a cracked screen, hasn’t been lost, isn’t stolen, and is activated on a new line of service only
- You also must already have either Total Equipment Coverage or Total Mobile Protection
How Many Lines Does Verizon Protect Cover?
Verizon Protect will cover 1 line for the standard plan With an eligible device, or you can choose Verizon Protect Multi-Device, which will cover between 3 to 10 lines for eligible devices.
How Much Is Verizon Protect Per Month?
Verizon Protect will cost you between $14 per month for Tier 2 or $17 per month for Tier 1 if you just want Verizon Protect for a single device.
If you don’t know what tier you want or you are on, then use the Asurion website to figure out the tier so you can quickly find the cost per month for your device.
Additionally, the Verizon Protect Multi-Device plan is $50 per month, although it will only allow claims to be filed on 3 devices.
If you need to file claims on more than 3 lines, then you can purchase more coverage, but it’ll cost you $11 per month for each additional line you add to Verizon Protect Multi-Device.
How Do You Sign up for Verizon Protect?
If you’ve met the qualifications, you can effortlessly sign up for Verizon Protect on the My Verizon website by following these simple steps:
- Sign in to the My Verizon website
- Select “See All Eligible Add-Ons”
- Look for the Verizon Protect section
- Select “Verizon Protect” and “Get It Now”
- Follow the on-screen prompts to go through the signup process
Additionally, you can use the My Verizon app to sign up for Verizon Protect, which can be done by following these steps:
- Open the My Verizon app on your device
- Go to the “Device Protection” section of the app
- Select “Learn More”
- For the lines you want to add Verizon Protect, select “Enroll” and then choose “Verizon Protect”
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the signup process
However, it’s important to note that you must be the account owner or manager to sign up for Verizon Protect, and you must be the account owner to add multi-device protection.
Also, the account owner’s line must be one of the lines you select for Verizon Protect Multi-Device.
What Is the Verizon Protect Deductible?
The Verizon Protect deductible can range from $29 to $225, depending on the claim that you’re making with Verizon Protect.
You can use the Asurion website Insurance Deductible Lookup Tool to find the specific details regarding your phone and what your deductible is if you’re unsure.
Can I Cancel Verizon Protect at Any Time?
You can cancel Verizon Protect anytime you want by going into your My Verizon account and selecting “Add-Ons & Apps” from the menu, and a prorated refund will occur after cancellation.
However, if you’re just wanting to switch to a different protection plan, you should not cancel Verizon Protect, as that will make you ineligible.
If you want to switch plans, just select “Add-Ons & Apps” within My Verizon, and then choose a different device protection plan, and you’ll see the option to remove it during the new enrollment.
To learn more, you can also read our posts on what is Verizon Digital Secure, if Verizon locks phones, and if Verizon runs a credit check.
Verizon Protect is an all-in-one service that provides you with technical support, security, and device protection to keep your personal information safe while protecting your devices.
Furthermore, you’ll have identity theft monitoring, device repair, battery replacement, Wi-Fi security and protection, same-day service, and more with Verizon Protect.