The name Starbucks is synonymous with coffee, and that’s where people go to get their daily jolt of caffeine. Starbucks has a variety of coffee and non-coffee drinks, caffeinated and non-caffeinated, to suit all preferences.
When planning your daily order, you may have wondered what Starbucks drink has the most caffeine, how much caffeine there is in non-coffee beverages, and more. I’ve researched, and here’s what I’ve found out!
What Starbucks Drink Has the Most Caffeine?
The most caffeinated drink at Starbucks is the Blonde Roast Brewed Coffee, with 360 mg of caffeine in a Grande size (16 fluid ounces) as of 2023. Starbucks has a variety of caffeinated and non-caffeinated drinks, and you can find charts and lists online that tell you the amount of caffeine in all Starbucks drinks.
If you have more questions, such as the highest-caffeinated non-coffee Starbucks drinks, what non-caffeinated beverages you can get at Starbucks, and more, read on for the answers!
Which Is the Most Highly-Caffeinated Drink at Starbucks?
Blonde Roast Brewed Coffee is the most highly-caffeinated Starbucks Drink, with 360 mg of caffeine in size Grande, which is 16 fluid ounces.
At first, it may seem counterintuitive that a blonde or light roast has more caffeine than a dark roast.
However, the blond roast actually retains more caffeine because it is roasted for a shorter period.
The good news is that the Blonde Roast Brewed Coffee has just 5g of calories and 0g of fat.
However, customers should know that not all Starbucks locations carry Blonde Roast.
Where Can I Find a Starbucks Coffee Strength Chart?
Starbucks provides all nutrition information about menu items on its website, so you can check how much caffeine there is in your favorite drink.
But how can you find out which are the most caffeinated drinks at Starbucks?
Working through the menu and nutrition information would be confusing and time-consuming.
Luckily, some online coffee enthusiasts (doubtless in a hyper-caffeinated state) have come up with lists ranking all of Starbucks’ drinks by the amount of caffeine they contain.
So, here are the top ten most caffeinated drinks at Starbucks, along with the amount of caffeine they contain in a Grande size (16 fluid ounces):
- Brewed Coffee: Blonde Roast: 360mg
- Brewed Coffee: Pike Place Roast: 310mg
- Starbucks Reserve Nitro Cold Brew, Nitro Cold Brew, Nitro Cold Brew with Dark Cocoa Almond Milk Foam: 280mg
- Nitro Cold Brew with Cinnamon Oatmilk Foam, Nitro Cold Brew with Cinnamon Almondmilk Foam: 275mg
- Salted Caramel Cream Nitro Cold Brew: 270mg
- Nitro Cold Brew with Sweet Cream, Pumpkin Cream Nitro Cold Brew: 265mg
- Brewed Coffee: Featured Starbucks Dark Roast Coffee: 260mg
- Americano, Iced Caffè Americano, Almondmilk Honey Flat White with Starbucks Blonde Espresso, Iced Almondmilk Honey Flat White with Starbucks Blonde Espresso, Starbucks Doubleshot on Ice: 225mg
- Cold Brew with Dark Cocoa Almond Milk Foam: 210mg
- Starbucks Cold Brew Coffee, Starbucks Cold Brew Coffee with Milk, Cold Brew with Cinnamon Almondmilk Foam, Cold Brew with Cinnamon Oatmilk Foam: 205mg
Which Non-Coffee Drink Has the Most Caffeine at Starbucks?
Non-coffee drinks at Starbucks, like hot chocolate, tea, Frappuccinos, and Refreshers, all contain caffeine.
So, here are the most caffeinated non-coffee drinks in each category, with the amount of caffeine in a Grande size:
- Hot chocolate: 25mg (Hot Chocolate, Peppermint Hot Chocolate, Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate)
- Hot tea: 16mg (Emperor’s Clouds & Mist)
- Iced tea: 25mg (Iced Black Tea, Iced Black Tea Lemonade, Iced Guava Black Tea, Guava Black Iced Tea Lemonade, Iced Green Tea, Iced Green Tea Lemonade, Iced Peach Green Tea, Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade)
- Frappuccinos: 10mg (Salted Caramel Mocha Crème Frappuccino)
- Refreshers: 45mg
How Much Caffeine Is There In Starbucks’ Iced Coffee?
Starbucks Iced Coffees have varying amounts of caffeine based on the ingredients.
With that, here’s a list of the top five caffeinated iced coffees, along with the amount of caffeine each contains in a Grande size:
- Iced Caffè Latte, Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte, Iced Eggnog Latte, Iced Caramel Brulée Latte, Iced Chestnut Praline Latte, Iced Oatmilk Honey Latte, Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte, Iced Cocoa Cloud Macchiato, Iced Caramel Cloud Macchiato, Iced Caramel Macchiato, Iced Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha, Iced Toasted White Chocolate Mocha, Iced White Chocolate Mocha: 150mg
- Starbucks Reserve Iced Hazelnut Bianco Latte: 165mg
- Iced Coconutmilk Cascara Latte with Starbucks Blonde Espresso, Iced Oatmilk Honey Latte with Starbucks Blonde Espresso, Iced Starbucks Blonde Vanilla Latte: 170mg
- Iced Coffee with Milk: 125mg
- Iced Espresso (single shot): 75mg
How Much Caffeine Is There In Starbucks Bottled Drinks?
A bottled Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino Coffee that you can buy at the grocery store has just 150mg of caffeine.
Do All Starbucks Drinks Have Caffeine?
Not all Starbucks drinks have caffeine, as you can find caffeine-free beverages at Starbucks for kids or when you need to wind down.
For example, hot chocolate, fruit juices, steamers, herbal tea, and some Frappuccinos don’t have caffeine at Starbucks.
Additionally, here’s a complete list of caffeine-free drinks at Starbucks by category:
- Toasted White Hot Chocolate
- Peppermint White Hot Chocolate
- White Hot Chocolate
- Caramel Apple Spice
- Steamed Apple Juice
- Chestnut Praline Crème
- Eggnog Crème
- Caramel Brûlée Crème
- Pumpkin Spice Crème
- Cinnamon Dolce Crème
- Steamed Milk
- Vanilla Crème
- Mint Majesty Tea
- Peach Tranquility Tea
- Peppermint White Chocolate Crème Frappuccino
- Toasted White Chocolate Crème Frappuccino
- Caramel Brûlée Crème Frappuccino
- Chestnut Praline Crème Frappuccino
- Eggnog Crème Frappuccino
- Pumpkin Spice Crème Frappuccino
- Caramel Ribbon Crunch Crème Frappuccino
- Strawberry Crème Frappuccino
- Vanilla Bean Crème Frappuccino
- White Chocolate Crème Frappuccino