Big Lots stores have garnered popularity for being one of America’s most reliable retail stores. With the numerous categories of merchandise, customers get an extensive range of household essentials.
However, most customers are not up to date with the store’s operating hours, with most wondering- What are Big Lots’ hours? Here’s what I found out!
What Are Big Lots’ Store Hours In 2023?
Most Big Lots stores open at 9 am and close at 9 pm from Monday to Sunday in 2023. The standard operating hours for Big Lots stores are 12 hours per day, except for some holidays. However, customers are advised to use the Big Lots store finder to know the exact hours of their local store.
If you want more information on Big Lots’ operating hours, especially on weekends, holidays, and senior hours, keep reading for more useful facts and tips!
What Days Are Big Lot Stores Open?
Big Lots stores are open from Monday to Sunday, although the operating hours may vary for different stores.
Most Big Lots stores open from 9 am to 9 pm, although other busy stores like Big Lots Southwest, Las Vegas open at 8 am and close at 9 pm from Monday to Sunday.
The operating hours only change on a few public holidays, although the store closes on Christmas day.
What Are Big Lots’ Hours on Saturdays and Sundays?
For most Big Lots stores, the operating hours for both Saturday and Sunday are from 9 am to 9 pm. The store maintains a 12-hour operating schedule for most of its stores.
However, Big Lots opens at 8 am and closes at 9 pm for other busy stores during the weekend.
Customers are advised to get exact operating hours during weekends of their local Big Lots store by checking through the company’s store locator.
What Are Big Lots’ Public Holiday Hours?
The standard Big Lots public holiday hours for 2023 are as follows:
- January 1st (New Year’s Day)- Saturday- regular operating hours
- January 17th (Martin Luther King Day)- Monday- regular operating hours
- February 21st (Presidents’ Day) -Monday- regular operating hours
- April 15th (Good Friday)- Friday – regular operating hours
- April 17th (Easter)- Sunday – regular operating hours
- May 30th (Memorial Day) – Monday- regular operating hours
- Jul 4th (Independence Day) – Monday -regular operating hours
- September 5th (Labor Day) -Monday – regular operating hours
- October 10th (Columbus Day)- Monday – regular operating hours
- November 11th (Veterans Day)-Friday- regular operating hours
- November 23rd (Day Before Thanksgiving) – Wednesday -regular operating hours
- November 24th (Thanksgiving)- Thursday – Open 7 am -midday
- November 25th (Black Friday) – Friday – Opens at 6 am
- December 24th (Christmas Eve) – Saturday – regular operating hours
- December 25th (Christmas Day) – Sunday – Closed
- December 26th (Day after Christmas) -Monday- regular operating hours
- December 31st (New Year’s Eve) – Saturday – regular operating hours
It’s important to note that local stores reserve the right to change the operating hours during holidays whenever necessary.
Changes in the operating hours are based on traffic anticipated on the holidays.
What Time Does Big Lots Open on Black Friday?
Although Big Lots stores have regular 9 am – 9 pm regular operating hours, most stores have extended hours on Black Fridays.
The hours of operation for Big Lots stores on Black Friday may vary by store.
However, customers can use the company’s store locator to find the operating hours of their local stores Big Lots on Black Friday.
Big Lots extended operating hours on Black Fridays is an initiative by the store to give customers more time to grab the amazing shopping deals that are exclusive for Black Fridays.
Is Big Lots Open on Thanksgiving?
Fortunately, Big Lots stores are open on Thanksgiving Day. Most stores open at 7 am and close at 1 pm in anticipation of Black Friday.
However, to get the actual hours for your local Big Lots store, it would be best to visit the Big Lots store locator and search by city and state or ZIP code.
Does Big Lots Have Senior Hours?
Fortunately, Big Lots dedicates some hours, the senior hours, for senior citizens. This decision to dedicate hours for senior citizens comes as a preventive measure on health issues.
The senior hours at Big Lots are 9 am- 10 am, during which senior citizens are given priority over other consumers.
The company reserves the senior hours for consumers aged above 65 years, as well as consumers with underlying health concerns who might be vulnerable to diseases and infections
Other stores with senior hours include Dollar General, Food City, Lowe’s Food, Costco’s Wholesale, BJ’s Wholesale, Aldi, Dollar Tree, and Lidl, among other stores.
Most Big Lots stores open at 9 am and close at 9 pm from Monday through Sunday. The operating hours of some stores may vary due to the traffic in these locations.
The best thing about Big Lots stores is that they maintain operating hours during most public holidays, and give customers the flexibility of shopping even on holidays.
Nonetheless, it’s important to note that the store does not open on Christmas day.