Many customers wonder whether or not they can have multiple accounts on Amazon, whether that be for other family members, addresses, or another similar reason.
Well, in this blog post, we will answer that question and give you all the information you need to know about Amazon’s account policies, so keep reading for more useful facts!
Can You Have Multiple Amazon Accounts In 2023?
It is not illegal to have multiple Amazon buyer or seller accounts in 2023. However, some caveats come along with having more than one account. For example, Amazon does not allow customers to have more than one seller account without prior approval. Additionally, each account must have a unique email address associated with it.
To learn more about Amazon’s terms of service regarding having multiple accounts, including how Amazon can even find out, keep reading!
How Many Buyer Accounts Can You Have with Amazon?
You can have up to four buyer accounts associated with your Amazon account. However, you will need to add each account separately and use a different email address for each account.
Additionally, you may need to update your payment method if you use a different email address for each account.
Currently, Amazon does not allow customers to use the same payment method for multiple accounts.
How Does Amazon Know If You Have Multiple Accounts?
Amazon uses various methods to detect when customers violate the company’s terms of service by having multiple accounts.
For example, Amazon keeps track of customer IP addresses and can see when multiple accounts are accessed from the same location.
Additionally, Amazon requires customers to provide a unique credit card or payment method for each account.
Furthermore, Amazon may take legal action against you if you’re believed to have created multiple accounts for fraud.
If you are found to be using multiple Amazon accounts for fraud, your accounts may be suspended or permanently closed.
Can I Use the Same Debit Card on My Two Amazon Accounts?
Although shoppers can use the same debit card on multiple Amazon accounts, they must add the card to each account separately.
What If I Use the Same Login Information for Multiple Amazon Accounts?
Using the same email address for multiple Amazon accounts is a violation.
Likewise, Amazon does not currently allow customers to use the same password for multiple accounts.
If you use the same password for multiple Amazon accounts, you will need to update your password for each account separately.
You can share Amazon Prime with a different address. However, you will need to update your shipping address for each account separately.
Is It Possible to Transfer My Amazon Prime Membership?
It is not possible to transfer your Amazon Prime account to another person. However, you can share your Amazon Prime account with one other adult in your household.
Additionally, you can share select Prime benefits with up to four teens and four child profiles in your home. For more information about sharing Amazon Prime, click here.
How Can Shoppers Link Amazon Accounts?
Amazon shoppers can create up to four buyer accounts associated with your Amazon account.
By following these steps, shoppers can link their Amazon accounts:
- Go to Amazon and sign in to your account.
- Click on the “Hi, ____” button in the top right corner of the page.
- Select “Your Account.”
- Scroll down to “Account Settings” and click on “Manage Your Amazon Prime Membership.”
- Click on the “Add a Family Member” button and follow the instructions.
- If you have multiple Amazon accounts, you will need to repeat these steps for each account.
Can You Have More Than One Seller Account on Amazon?
According to the Seller Central Code of Conduct, Amazon allows sellers to have more than one seller account.
However, sellers will need to add each account separately and use a different email address for each account.
Can Spouses Have Separate Seller Accounts?
Spouses cannot have separate seller accounts. However, they can share an Amazon Prime account and select Prime benefits.
Additionally, spouses can use the same payment method for their Amazon accounts.
What Are the Pros of Having Multiple Seller Accounts on Amazon?
There are several pros to having multiple seller accounts on Amazon. Some of these benefits include:
- Increased Product visibility – When you have multiple seller accounts, it increases the chances that more buyers will see your products. This is because Amazon will show products from different sellers in different product categories and search results pages.
- Increased Sales – Having multiple seller accounts can increase sales by giving you more visibility and a larger pool of buyers to sell to.
- Increased Product Category Availability – When you have multiple seller accounts, it expands the number of product categories that your products are available in. This is because Amazon allows sellers to list products in 20 different product categories.
- Increased Product Reviews – Having multiple seller accounts can boost product reviews because buyers are more likely to leave a review if they have had a positive experience with the product. This is because they are not only reviewing your product but also the seller’s customer service and shipping times.
- Increased Product Rankings – Having multiple seller accounts can also improve product rankings because it indicates to Amazon that your products are in high demand. This is because Amazon uses a variety of factors, including sales and reviews, to rank products.
- Increased Profit Margins – By having multiple seller accounts, you can also increase your profit margins because you will be able to sell your products at a higher price. This is because Amazon allows sellers to set their prices and does not have a minimum price requirement.
What Are the Cons of Having Multiple Seller Accounts on Amazon?
While there are several benefits of having multiple seller accounts on Amazon, there are also a few potential drawbacks that you should be aware of. Some of these disadvantages include:
- Increased Competition – When you have multiple seller accounts, it can lead to increased competition from other accounts selling products in the same category. This is because Amazon will show products from different sellers in different product categories and search results pages.
- Increased Customer Service Responsibilities – When you have multiple seller accounts, it can improve customer service responsibilities because you will be dealing with more customer inquiries. This is especially true if you sell products in numerous countries since buyers may have questions about shipping times or product compatibility.
- Increased Shipping Costs – Having multiple seller accounts can increase shipping costs because you will be shipping products to more buyers. This is especially true if you sell products in multiple countries since you will need to ship products to different parts of the world.
- Increased Management Effort – Managing multiple seller accounts can be time-consuming and require a lot of effort. This is because you will need to track inventory levels, sales, and reviews for each account.
- Increased Risk of Negative Feedback – If you do not provide good customer service or ship products late, you risk receiving negative feedback from buyers. This is because buyers are more likely to leave a review if they have had a negative experience with the product.
- Increased Risk of Suspension – If you do not follow Amazon’s seller guidelines, you risk having your seller account suspended, which could lead to a decrease in sales and a loss of revenue.
It is not illegal to have multiple Amazon accounts. However, some guidelines are established to guard against fraud. For example, each buyer or seller account is separate and must have a unique email address linked to it.
When Amazon believes accounts have been created for nefarious purposes, the account may be suspended or closed. Additionally, Amazon may take legal action against you in the more egregious cases if you’re believed to have created multiple accounts for fraudulent purposes.