If you have an Amazon Web Services account, you might find that you need your Amazon account number, but don’t know where to look to find this information.
Well, if that sounds familiar, then keep reading below, because I’ll tell you what I’ve discovered about how easy it is to find your Amazon account number and why you might need it!
What Is My Amazon Account Number In 2022?
If you have a regular Amazon account, you won’t have an Amazon account number since a number is only for Amazon Web Services in 2022. Your account number can be found underneath your account name when you log in to Amazon Web Services. Furthermore, it will be on the right-hand side of the screen at the top.
Do you want to know more about the step-by-step process you’ll need to take to locate your Amazon account number? If so, keep reading below to find out the easy steps!
How Can I Find My Amazon Web Services Account Number?
If you’re trying to find your Amazon Web Services account number, like if you’re contacting customer support, just follow the steps below:
- Sign in to the Amazon Web Services Management Console using your IAM username
- Select “Support” from the navigation bar at the top
- Select “Support Center”
- Your Amazon account number will be listed underneath the navigation bar at the top
How Do I Create an Amazon Web Services Account?
If you want to create an Amazon Web Services account that comes with an Amazon account number, follow our easy guide below:
- Go to the Amazon Web Services Homepage
- Select “Create an AWS Account”
- Enter your email address
- Edit the AWS account name
- Select “Verify email address”
- You’ll receive a code in your email
- Enter the verification code onto the site
- Create a password and select “Continue”
- Fill in the contact information by selecting “Business” or “Personal”
- Agree to the AWS Customer Agreement
- Select “Continue”
- Add your payment information on the “Billing Information” webpage
- Select “Verify and Add”
- Verify your phone number
- Choose a Support plan from the “Select a Support Plan” webpage
- Select “Complete Sign Up” or “Activate”
- You’ll be asked to log in at this stage and will find your account number under “My Account” at the top
Additionally, you’ll receive an email when your account has been activated, which typically happens within minutes, but delays could result in it taking up to 24 hours to fully activate.
If you need detailed instructions on how to create your account, then look at the Sign up Instructions page, which goes through each step with a picture.
What Is My Amazon Seller Account Number?
As a seller on Amazon, you also will have an account number that you may need to access for your business. You can find the seller account number by following these steps:
- Go to the Amazon Seller Central website
- Log in to your Amazon seller account
- Select “Settings” at the top of the page on the right
- Select “Account Info”
- You can then see your “Merchant Token,” which is your account number
How Long Is an Amazon Account Number?
The Amazon account number will be 12-digits long and is only numbers so it’s easy to find if you’re looking for it at the top of the page.
Do All Amazon Sellers Have an Account Number?
All Amazon sellers will have an account number, which is also called a Merchant Token, and it helps you keep track of your business and is also useful if you need to contact support.
However, you’ll have to create an Amazon seller account first to generate an account number.
What Is My Amazon Prime Account Number?
Amazon Prime members don’t have an account number, since Amazon Prime is part of the regular Amazon website and not associated with Amazon Web Services.
Therefore, you can just log into Amazon Prime with your registered email address and password, or you can easily create an Amazon account and sign up for Prime in a few minutes.
Is Amazon the Same as AWS?
Amazon and AWS are different, which is why regular Amazon doesn’t have an account number, but Amazon Web Services does have an account number associated with it.
Furthermore, Amazon Web Services is a subsidiary of Amazon, and is known for providing cloud computing services and APIs.
Amazon Web Services provides cloud computing to governments, individuals, and businesses, and it’s a pay-as-you-go service.
Your Amazon account number doesn’t exist if you’re a regular Amazon user or Prime member, since it’s only available for either Amazon sellers or those using Amazon Web Services.
However, the account number can be found by either logging into Amazon Seller Central and going into your “Account Info” or through the Amazon Web Services portal in “Support Center.”