Often customers will run into the issue of purchasing gift cards, and they don’t end up getting used. Some establishments will allow their customers to return unused gift cards in exchange for the money back they purchased the card with.
If you’re an Amazon customer and have a gift card you’d like to return, perhaps you’re wondering if Amazon buys back gift cards. If so, continue reading through this article to see what I found out!
Does Amazon Buy Gift Cards?
Amazon does not buy gift cards from any other brand or store, nor does Amazon buy Amazon gift cards. Instead, customers can sell their unwanted gift cards at Walmart and receive up to 90% of the total value of the gift card. Gift cards can also be sold on Marketplace and Craigslist.
If you’d like to learn more about how to sell Amazon gift cards and the best ways to sell or trade Amazon gift cards, continue reading through this article for more helpful information.
How Can I Sell or Discard Amazon Gift Cards?
There are many ways that you can sell Amazon gift cards. As long as the balance on the gift card is accurate, many people are willing to purchase Amazon gift cards using various methods. The main methods are as follows:
- Sell through an e-commerce/e-trading website (eBay, Reddit, Craigslist, etc.)
- Flip items purchased on Amazon
- Sell for Bitcoin
- Exchange for Cryptocurrency
There are also many reasons you could give away the card instead of selling it for your money back. You could do the following:
- Re-gift the card to friends or family
- Gift the card to non-Amazon Prime friends/family so they can use your prime shipping
- Donate the gift card/ buy clothing, shoes, and other necessities with the card to donate to charity
- Host a raffle and have the gift card as a prize
Alternatively, if you’re unable to get rid of your Amazon gift card, you could use it for the following:
- Purchase groceries with your gift card through Amazon Fresh
- Buy items you need, such as hygiene products, an emergency kit, extra phone chargers etc.
Which Websites are Best for Selling Amazon Gift Cards?
When choosing to sell an Amazon gift card online, there are a number of websites to choose from. However, in order to ensure your safety and security, the following websites would be the best choices:
- BuyBackWorld purchases gift cards and old electronics/tech. In order to sell your gift card, enter the gift card balance into the website, and you’ll receive an instant price quote
- You can choose between Paypal, check, direct deposit, prepaid debit card, and store credit for how to receive the funds for your gift card.
- Raise is a good platform for selling Amazon gift cards, as they have seller protection benefits in place to ensure safety and security during transactions.
- In order to sell your Amazon gift card through Raise, it must be a digital gift card.
- Occasionally physical Amazon gift cards can be sold, but you’ll have to pay a seller fee in order to do so and the sale may not be approved.
- You can choose to be paid through Paypal, check or direct deposit.
- Reddit has a Gift Card Exchange subreddit/ thread where you can sell Amazon gift cards. In order to sell the gift card, list the balance on the subreddit and explain what you’re willing to trade for
- You have the option to trade for cash, Paypal, Cryptocurrency, and cash via Cash App, Venmo, and other similar apps.
- Customers can also sell unwanted gift cards from a number of different stores to receive a Walmart gift card. You can see our full guide on Walmart buying back gift cards to learn more.
What is the Safest Method for Selling Amazon Gift Cards?
Selling an Amazon gift card to a friend or family member is generally the safest option. However, the safest online method would be to use a well-known and well-reviewed Gift Card Exchange.
Raise, BuyBackWorld, GiftCards.com and similar websites have the best reputations for legitimacy and have many options for safe exchange of funds.
Unfortunately, Amazon does not buy back their gift cards for refunds. In order to sell an Amazon gift card for cash, customers have to do so on their own accord. The best options are selling online through a legitimate Gift Card Exchange and selling in person.
Alternative ways to discard an Amazon gift card would be by donating the card to charity, hosting a raffle and using the card as a prize, or using the card to buy groceries through Amazon Fresh and other necessities either for yourself or a person in your care.