Whether you’re a shopaholic or a typical shopper, you don’t have to pay more for apparel than necessary! You have to devise ways of shopping smart. One such mechanism is requesting price matching.
Unfortunately, price matching is only applicable when shopping in a store with a price matching policy. If shopping at Nordstrom, you might be interested in finding out whether the high-end store price matches. Here is all you need to know!
Does Nordstrom Price Match In 2024?
Nordstrom has a price matching policy, but Nordstrom Rack doesn’t price match items in 2024. To price match an item at Nordstrom, it has to be identical and should not be on sale. Customers can request price matching either at Nordstrom in-store or Nordstrom .com. You can request a price match of items 14 days after purchase.
If you want more information on Nordstrom’s price matching policy, Nordstrom Rack price matching, the store eligible for price matching, and much more, keep reading!
What Is Nordstrom’s Price Matching Policy?
Nordstrom’s price matching policy works in two ways:
- Nordstrom compares the prices of different items and displays price-matched items for a limited time on the company’s website.
- Customers can request a lower price if they find an identical item sold for less at a selected store. In this case, Nordstrom will meet the price at the time of purchase.
However, it is important to note that Nordstrom’s price matching policy is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The price-matched items must be identical in size and color.
- The item must be in stock at Nordstrom and a selected competitor.
- Competitors’ order-level discounts, promotions, gift cards, and shipping offers are ineligible for price matching at Nordstrom.
- Nordstrom does not match prices or adjust sales of items on flash sale prices, outlet prices, club, auction prices, regional and non-US-based retailers, or marketplace prices from third-party sellers.
- The price adjustment policy at the store does not include items on Extra Savings, Limited-Time Sale, Anniversary Sale, Beauty Daily Deals, and Daily Deals promotions.
- Nordstrom will make one price adjustment per item.
- Nordstrom does not process price adjustment requests or automated price matching generated by third-party services.
- Designer items originally purchased at a sale price are exempted from price adjustment at Nordstrom.
- If a customer request price matching or price adjustment, they must present a current advertisement or a link that redirects to the item on a competitor’s website.
- In case of price adjustment, Nordstrom will credit back to the original form of payment used when the item was purchased.
What Stores Does Nordstrom Price Match?
Unfortunately, Nordstrom does not reveal stores its price matches through its “Price & Adjustment” page.
Instead, the page only mentions price matching with “a selected competitor.” However, several online sources speculate that Nordstrom price matches the following stores:
- Neiman Marcus
- East Dane
- Finish Line
- Foot Locker
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- Free People (freepeople.com)
- Kate Spade (katespade.com)
- Nike (nike.com)
Even with the above-provided list, it is important to call the store at 1-888-282-6060 and confirm its list of selected competitors.
Does Nordstrom Rack Match Prices?
Unfortunately, Nordstrom Rack and Nordstromrack.com do not offer price matching or adjustments.
According to the company, the department store strives to offer competitive prices; consequently, most of the items at the store are listed at the best possible prices.
In case of pricing errors on the company’s side, i.e., the price of an item is higher than the listed price on the website, Nordstrom Rack will cancel the order and notify you of the cancellation.
Does Nordstrom Price Match In-Store?
Nordstrom allows price matching at its physical store. In this case, you can visit Nordstrom in person and request a price adjustment.
At the store, you can request price adjustment of items already purchased if Nordstrom reduces the price within 14 days from the day of purchase.
Furthermore, you can request price adjustment of items you plan to purchase if they have a lower price at selected competitors’ stores.
Also, if the item was already purchased, customers must produce the receipt from the purchase.
Similarly, if you are planning to buy an item, you have to produce proof of a lower price at a competitor’s store.
Does Nordstrom Price Match Online?
Nordstrom’s online store accepts price matching or price adjustment.
To ease the price adjustment process, Nordstrom has an online page dedicated to customers submitting their price adjustment requests.
With that, below is the process for requesting price adjustment through the price adjustment request page:
- Enter the order number of the item you purchased in the provided box
- Enter your zip code in the following box
- Find the order and request price matching
What Is Nordstrom’s Price Matching Process?
Use the following procedure to request price matching at Nordstrom:
- Eligibility: ensure the item you intend to price match meets Nordstrom price-matching guidelines.
- Provide proof either online or in-store that clearly show the price difference. If you provide a link, ensure it is working.
- Request price matching and wait for a Nordstrom associate to verify your request.
- If you have already purchased the item, get a refund if the price match is successful.
However, it’s necessary to keep in mind that Nordstrom reserves the right to decline or verify price matching requests at the store’s discretion.
How Do I Submit A Nordstrom Price Matching Request?
You can either submit a price matching request in person, at a Nordstrom brick-and-mortar store, or online at Nordstrom.com.
Additionally, in case you have any inquiries related to price matching, you can contact Nordstrom at 1-888-282-6060 or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will Nordstrom Adjust The Price Of An Item Purchased Before Discount Periods?
Unfortunately, Nordstrom does not adjust the prices of items bought before specific discount periods at the store.
Normally, the periodical discounts, i.e., Anniversary Sale, Limited-Time Sale, Extra Savings, Daily Deals, or Beauty Daily Deals, are date-and-time-bound.
Nordstrom will only match the prices of sold items if the company (or a selected competitor) reduces the price of identical items within 14 days from the day of purchase.
In conclusion, Nordstrom allows customers to request price matching if they spot a lower price at a competitor’s store.
That said, customers should provide proof of a lower price at a competitor for price adjustment.