With a long list of pet-related services such as vaccinations, spaying and neutering, and dog washing, Petco is a one-stop-shop for pet owners who need something for their animal.
However, most pet owners occasionally need someone to look after their dog when they can’t do it themselves, so you may wonder- does Petco board dogs? If you’d like to find out, keep reading!
Does Petco Board Dogs In 2023?
Petco boards dogs through a newly formed partnership with Rover, as of 2023. Rover is a company that provides a platform where people can buy and sell pet-related services, including sitting, walking, and boarding. In this partnership, Petco paid $3.5 million as an investment in Rover, and will promote the service online and in-stores.
Continue reading this article to learn everything we know about dog boarding at Petco, including a deeper dive into its deal with Rover, how to get the service, how much it costs, and more!
How Do I Board My Dogs at Petco?
You can board your dog at Petco by taking advantage of its recently announced partnership with Rover, a pet service platform for pet sitting, boarding, and walking.
Rover allows people to sign up and either buy or sell services related to pets. Rover is similar to platforms like Uber and Airbnb, in that it acts as a middleman, connecting buyers and sellers.
Visit the pet services section on Petco’s website, and scroll down until you get to the part where it says “Services for every pet with Rover,” and click on the “Boarding” tab.
Using this method will take you to a different site where you can sign up for Rover, but it gives you $10 off your first booking.
It works through a referral program where you get a referral code for the discount when you get redirected.
You can also get the discount by using the code PETCO10 for $10 off your first booking.
Since this procedure will take you to the Rover signup area, you can skip it and go directly there either through your phone or computer.
After setting up your Rover account, it’s just a matter of finding a boarding service on the platform.
If you’re on a computer, follow these steps:
- Open Rover.com when logged in to your account
- On the first page, enter the details of the service you want, i.e. boarding for a dog, as well as your location and preferred dates
- Hit “Search” to look for service providers in your area
- Go through the search results and, when you find the right one, click on their profile
- Tap the “Contact” button at the top of the page
- Select the service you want from the list followed by booking dates
- Select the pets you want to be part of the booking
- Send the request
On the Rover app, book dog boarding services by following these steps:
- Enter the service you want, your location, and dates
- Select a service provider from the list by tapping “Contact”
- Select the service you want and the dates
- Add the pets you want to book the services for
- Send the request
You can only get the service if you send the request and the person who gets this request accepts it.
Therefore, you need to input as much helpful information as possible when making the request.
How Much Does It Cost to Board a Dog at Petco?
Dog boarding at Petco via Rover costs between $20 and $50 per night on average.
Prices are set by the people selling services on the platform, so it’s up to them, but this range is where most of them fall. Apply the Petco promo code to get lower rates.
What Is Rover All About?
If this article is the first time you’re hearing about Rover, here’s a brief rundown on the services the company provides:
- Boarding – someone takes your dog or other pet overnight for a fee. They don’t have to be a kennel; it can be someone staying with the animal at their own home
- House sitting – someone comes over to your home to take care of your pets and your house while you’re away
- Dog walking – someone takes your dog out for a walk when you’re busy, unavailable or unable to do it yourself
- Doggy daycare – this is similar to boarding, except it usually happens during the day. You leave your pet with someone else and you go get it back at the end of the day. This service is ideal for people with long work days and pets that don’t do well when left alone for long
- Drop-in visits – in this service, the person you get will drop by your house to check on your pets, but doesn’t need to stay there to look after them. This service is good for pets that can handle themselves alone, and the service provider is only needed for something like administering medication
Petco provides dog boarding services through its partnership with Rover. Rover is a platform that allows people to buy or sell services related to pets, including boarding, walking, and sitting.
You can book boarding services with Petco via Rover, either from the app or website. You will need to provide your zip code, date and time when you’ll need the service, and what pet you have so they can match you with an appropriate service provider.