Fries are an ideal side item for a chicken meal. That’s why most fast-food joints specializing in chicken, like Popeyes, should consider including fries as a side item.
And so, if you are wondering whether Popeyes has fries on its menu, keep reading and get enlighted!
Does Popeyes Have Fries In 2024?
Popeyes offers Cajun fries on its menu in 2024. Cajun fries are served in various combos and are considered one of the best meals, even though Popeyes is highly popularized for chicken sandwiches. Fries are made from Russet non-starch potatoes and cost $1.79 for a regular size and $3.99 for a large size.
Read on for more information on Popeyes’ Cajun fries!
Does Popeyes Have French Fries?
There are no French fries on the Popeyes menu list. Instead, the restaurant offers Cajun fries.
With that, Popeyes makes its Cajun fries primarily from Russet potatoes. Also, the hot and crispy fries are made from sliced potatoes marinated with Cajun seasoning; thus, the name Cajun fries.
Does Popeyes Not Sell Fries?
Popeyes sells fries in all its locations across the nation branded as Cajun fries.
Are Popeyes’ Cajun Fries Hot?
Popeyes’ Cajun fries are served piping hot with a dipping sauce, like ketchup or Cajun sauce.
Cajun fries are heated up to 400 degrees Celsius during the cooking process for softening and to have the potatoes turn golden brown.
What Sizes Of Fries Does Popeyes Have?
Popeyes’ fries come in two sizes: the regular and the large size. Further, the regular size is $1.79, and a large size goes for $3.99.
How Are Popeyes’ Fries Made?
- Four non-starchy potatoes
- One teaspoon of crushed black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- One teaspoon of red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne powder
- One teaspoon of garlic powder
- Two tablespoons of palm oil
- Three tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Cut your potatoes into ¼-inch thick strips and keep them in water to prevent them from discoloring.
- Bring water to a boil with some salt. Add the fries and cook until they are half done. Make sure you don’t overcook them, as they will fall apart.
- Drain the water and place them on a kitchen towel. Let them cool and pat excess dry moisture.
- Place the drained, half-cooked fries in a zip lock bag and let them stay in the freezer for an hour or longer.
- In the meantime, make the Cajun seasoning by mixing black pepper, salt, red chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, all-purpose flour, cayenne powder, and olive.
- Put the fries in the spice mixture and toss until well-coated. If necessary, add a few drops of water.
- Heat oil on high heat and fry your seasoned fries until they turn golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup or garlic sauce while still hot.
What Oil Does Popeyes Use For Fries?
Popeyes uses palm kernel oil to fry all the foods on its entire menu.
That said, it is easy for regular customers at Popeyes to recognize palm oil in any fries or food items due to its striking white color and sweet smell.
Additionally, the oil has a unique taste different from other cooking oil.
Also, palm oil is the most preferred cooking oil as it meets the RSPO Mass Balance requirements and as per Palm Oil Sourcing Policy.
Popeyes uses kernel oil or palm oil for all branded food products containing greater than 1% palm oil or kernel oil as an ingredient.
Are Popeyes’ Fries Vegan?
Unfortunately, Popeyes’ fries are not vegan. That said, the ingredients used in making the fries contain animal fat. Additionally, the fryers used in frying have animal oil.
Also, while frying the potatoes, the fries may sometimes share a fryer such as pig lard, a non-vegan food item causing some contamination.
What Type Of Potato Is Used At Popeyes?
Popeyes uses Russet or Idaho potatoes to make its fries. Russet potatoes are non-starchy, dense, and have low moisture levels, giving the fries a crunchy texture.
Also, Popeyes’ potatoes are buttery and creamy, giving the fries a spicy flavor.
While making Popeyes fries, the company’s chefs pay attention to the steps involving cutting the potatoes, which include:
- Place the potato on its side and cut off a thin slice to make a base.
- Place the potato flat on its base and cut lengthwise into ¼ of an inch disk.
- Lay each disc flat and cut into strips, also ¼ of an inch.
Further, the potatoes are baked with Cajun seasoning, fried, and served while hot for long-lasting flavor. Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen makes its Cajun seasonings using the following ingredients:
- Red Chili Powder
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
How Many Calories Do Popeyes’ Fries Contain?
The exact amount of calories in Popeyes’ Cajun fries differs depending on the content.
For instance, a large order of Cajun fries option contains 770 calories. With that, a high amount of these calories is fat and carbohydrates.
Why Are Popeyes’ Fries So Good?
Most people consider Popeyes’ Cajun fries ideal because they have a solid crunch factor and contain so much flavor.
Furthermore, one can easily enjoy them with any dipping sauce.
In conclusion, Popeyes’ Cajun fries are made from Russet potatoes, perfectly sliced before fried in lard full of palm oil.
Popeyes fries are non-vegan since they are made with ingredients rich in animal fats or occasionally cooked in animal lards.