Many people use caffeine for an energy boost or to stay awake longer, however, caffeine can cause several health issues and isn’t good for everyone.
Therefore, if you can’t, or don’t drink caffeine you are probably wondering, does Starbucks sell decaf coffee? Here is what I found when I looked into Starbucks’ decaf menu!
Does Starbucks Sell Decaf Iced Coffee In 2023?
Fortunately, Starbucks does sell decaf drinks, including decaf iced coffee and they are easy to order in 2023. Furthermore, Starbucks offers its customers the option of ⅓ decaf, ½ decaf, ⅔ decaf, or full decaf. However, keep in mind that all coffee contains some amount of caffeine, including full decaf.
If you want to discover more about how to order Starbucks’ decaf iced coffee, Starbucks’ decaf menu, and more, then read on!
How to Order Decaf Iced Coffee In-Store at Starbucks?
Fortunately, ordering a decaf coffee in-store at Starbucks is just like ordering any other drink.
Moreover, you tell them what drink you want, that you want your drink decaf, what size, and any extra ingredients that you want.
Therefore, to order a decaf iced coffee in Starbucks:
- Start by going to the Starbucks of your choosing
- Once at the cashier, tell the cashier you want a “Decaf (size) Iced Coffee” and if you want any extra ingredients on it or in it, such as almond milk, whipped cream, etc.
- Furthermore, make sure you let the cashier know if you want, ⅓ decaf, ½ decaf, ⅔ decaf, or all decaf
- Additionally, you will need to say the size of drink you want
- Last, the cashier might ask you a question or two to clarify something for them, then pay for your order, and wait for it to be done
Additionally, Starbuck’s regular drink sizes are:
- Short – 8 oz.
- Tall – 12 oz.
- Grande – 16 oz.
- Venti – 20oz.
How to order Decaf Iced Coffee on the Starbucks App?
Just as when ordering a drink from Starbucks in-store, ordering a decaf drink from the Starbucks app is simple.
Therefore, to order a decaf iced coffee on the Starbucks app:
- First, go to Starbucks.com
- Second, you need to choose a drink category, preferably the one that your chosen drink is under
- Furthermore, the iced coffee is under “Cold Coffees”
- Then, scroll until you find the drink you want and select it
- Iced coffee is under “Iced Coffees” which is the 4th section on the page
- Next, you can select the size of coffee you want, edit the “Add-ins” such as ice, creamer, flavors, and toppings, and edit the “Sweeteners” such as the syrups and espresso
- Furthermore, to get a decaf coffee go to the “Sweeteners” section and click on “Espresso & Shot Options”
- Then, click “Espresso Roast Options” and choose an option
- Finally, click “Add to Order” and proceed to check out
Does Starbucks Decaf Iced Coffee still have Caffeine?
Unfortunately, decaf coffee does still contain small amounts of caffeine because it is impossible to completely remove all the caffeine from the coffee beans.
Therefore, when ordering a decaf coffee you get:
- Short – 15 mg. of caffeine
- Tall – 2o mg. of caffeine
- Grande – 25 mg of caffeine
- Venti – 30 mg of caffeine
Additionally, if you order ⅓, ½, or ⅔, decaf, Starbucks will make your drink with a mixture between decaf coffee beans and regular coffee beans to create the ⅓, ½, or ⅔ decaf.
What Decaffeinated Drinks does Starbucks have?
Any drink from Starbucks that contains caffeine, such as espresso, can be made with decaf.
Therefore, Starbucks decaf drink options are:
- Hot Coffees
- Cold Coffees
- Frappuccinos, and
- Any espresso drinks
Fortunately for non-caffeine drinkers, Starbucks does serve decaf iced coffee and other decaf drinks. Moreover, Starbucks gives the option to order ⅓ decaf, ½ decaf, ⅔ decaf, and all decaf. However, there is always a small amount of caffeine in coffee, even fully decaf.
Furthermore, ordering decaf drinks from Starbucks in-store or online is the same process and just as easy as ordering regular drinks.