Nowadays, consumers are increasingly deciding to shop at stores whose mission reflects their values related to climate change and equality.
So if you’re looking to visit Home Depot for your DIY or home improvement needs, you may be wondering – what is Home Depot’s mission? Here is what I’ve found out about this!
Home Depot Mission
Home Depot’s mission is “providing its customers with the most competitive prices for an ever-expanding range of high-quality products, without compromising on excellent customer service.” The retailer achieves this through its “whatever it takes” philosophy and markets it through its “How doers get more done” slogan.
If you want to learn more about the core values of Home Depot, what are Home Depot’s current and old slogans, and what is its marketing strategy, keep on reading!
What Are The Core Values Of Home Depot?
The work ethic behind all staff at Home Depot is based on the following eight core values that have been outlined on Home depot’s FAQ page:
- Providing an excellent level of customer service
- Taking care of its customers and staff
- Giving back to local communities and charity organizations
- Doing the “right” thing morally and environmentally
- Creating shareholder value
- Ensuring the respect of all people
- Maintaining an entrepreneurial spirit
- Building strong relationships with staff, suppliers, stakeholders, and customers
What Does Home Depot Do To Uphold Its Mission Statement?
Home Depot tries to incorporate the following practices and policies into all of its stores, particularly through staff training and store policies:
- Excellent and helpful customer service
- Great advice from trained staff
- Clear instructions for building equipment
- Competitive and low prices of items
- Safe and clear store layout for easy navigation
- An easy-to-use website that clearly shows available products
What Is The Current Slogan For Home Depot?
In 2019, Home Depot changed its brand marketing slogan to “How doers get more done” from its former “More Saving. More Doing.”
Through this new slogan, Home Depot tries to differentiate itself as the go-to store visited by people to get an extra boost in their productivity and projects.
What Were The Old Slogans For Home Depot?
Home Depot has frequently changed its slogans for marketing and branding purposes.
Here are some old slogans of the home improvement retailer:
- In the early 1990s, Home Depot’s slogan was “The Home Depot, Low prices are just the beginning.”
- From the mid to late 1990s, the slogan changed to “When you’re at the Home Depot, You’ll feel right at home.”
- In the late 90s to early 2000s, it changed again to “The Home Depot: First In Home Improvement!”
- In 2003, the slogan changed to “You can do it. We can help.”
- “More saving. More doing” was Home Depot’s slogan from 2003 to 2009.
- Finally, from 2009 to the present day, the new and current slogan for Home Depot is “How doers get more done.”
Does Home Depot Have A Mascot?
Home Depot has had a mascot associated with the brand since 1981: a male character called Homer D. Poe, a pun on the Home Depot brand name.
Gwyn Raker illustrated Homer D. Poe, and according to the Home Depot, he also has a wife named Daisy and a dog called Carl.
The mascot regularly makes appearances in advertisements and Home Depot’s help guides and instruction manuals.
Occasionally, a life-size version of the mascot will visit Home Depot stores!
What Is Home Depot’s Marketing Strategy?
Home Depot’s marketing strategy includes being able to adjust its marketing tactic to suit wider social phenomena.
This enables Home Depot always to appear relevant to the daily actions of a modern person.
Additionally, Forbes explains Home Depot’s marketing strategy as eCommerically modern, recognizing the importance of social media in today’s society.
As a result of the internet boom, Home Depot has created a clear and easy-to-follow website that promises great shipping rates and quick delivery times.
What Is Home Depot’s Target Market And Customer Base?
Home Depot’s target audience includes the following type of people:
- New homeowners who will be renovating their first homes on a budget
- People employed in professional trades work who need tools, items, and equipment
- Customers looking for products and interiors to be installed for them
- People who enjoy completing DIY projects
What Is Home Depot’s Philosophy?
Home Depot has published that it employs a “whatever it takes” philosophy within its staff training programs and in day-to-day store practices.
This philosophy entails going the extra mile to help customers and has been around since the store was first created.
Home Depot is a DIY home renovation store that centers its core values on a “whatever it takes” philosophy.
Primarily, Home Depot focuses on providing high-quality products at competitive prices, while maintaining the highest standards of customer service.