V-Bucks is Fortnite’s in-game currency for purchasing items and services, and PayPal is a financial company used to make buying and selling products like V-Bucks easier.
If you game on Fortnite often, you may be wondering what the best way to buy V-Bucks is, and if you can use PayPal? I did the research, and here is what I figured out!
How Can I Buy V-Bucks with Paypal In 2023?
Fortunately, PayPal is one of the many payment options accepted by Fortnite for V-Bucks in 2023. However, Fortnite will not allow you to pay with just your PayPal Wallet, so you need to make sure you have a credit or debit c ard, or a bank account properly linked and confirmed to your PayPal account.
If you want to learn more about how to buy V-Bucks, if Fortnite is a safe place to use your payment methods, and more, then you need to continue reading!
Is It Safe to Use PayPal on Fortnite?
Fortunately, Fortnite is a safe and secure website to use.
The company has several safety protocols in place for many things, such as protecting your purchases, protecting you while gaming, and even allowing parents to protect their kids on the platform.
Fortnite uses a Two-Factor Authentication, or 2FA, to help prevent account hacking and scams.
This also helps protect your payment info, because scammers can’t log into your account and steal or use your saved info to purchase items.
Here is more about all of Fortnite’s – Safety and Security.
How Do I Buy V-Bucks?
As stated previously, to use PayPal to purchase items on Fortnite, you have to have a connected and confirmed credit or debit card or bank account.
To link and confirm your credit or debit card to your PayPal account, do the following:
- First, log into your PayPal account. You can do this through the app or PayPal.com
- Second, click the “Wallet” tab
- Next, click “Link a debit or credit card”
- After, follow the instructions and enter your card information
- Last, click “Link Card Manually”
Once finished, you may see “confirm your card.” If you see this, you need to confirm your card, but if you don’t see it, then your card is successfully set up (here is how to confirm your card).
To link and confirm your bank account:
- First, as before, log into your PayPal account, and go to the “Wallet” tab
- Next, click “Link a bank account”
- Following this, you need to select your bank. Fortunately, if you cannot find your bank, you can click “Don’t see your bank?” at the bottom of the page and it will help you
- Once you have selected your bank, you need to put in your bank information. Depending on your bank, you may have the option to link your account instantly by using your bank account login information. If you don’t have this option, you will have to manually enter your information
- After you are finished, click “Agree and Link”
Additionally, if you were able to instantly link your account, then it will also be instantly confirmed.
However, if you had to manually link your account, you will also have to manually confirm it (the method to do so is here).
Furthermore, if you’re still having problems purchasing items through Fortnite with PayPal, after you have checked your payment options, then you can email Fortnite’s Customer Support team at fortnitehelp.epicgames.com.
Once you have finished checking your PayPal payment methods, you can use PayPal to purchase items on Fortnite. To buy V-Bucks in-game, do the following:
- First, go to the “V-Bucks” tab
- Second, select the amount of V-Bucks you would like to buy
- Then, click “Purchase,” and you will be taken to the check-out
- At check-out, you will need to choose your payment method
- This is where you need to select PayPal, or another option if you are using something else
- Your payment info should be saved through PayPal, and therefore automatically be put in. However, if it’s not, you will need to enter your card or bank account information manually
- Finally, review your order and payment information, and finish the order
Why Don’t All of My V-Bucks Transfer Across Platforms?
If your V-Bucks are not transferring across platforms, there may be a couple of reasons.
It could be because you have not “received” the V-Bucks yet, or because you purchased them through PlayStation or Nintendo Switch.
To use your V-Bucks, do the following:
- Log into your Fornite account. You have to log in on the same platform where the V-Bucks were purchased
- Next, “receive” the V-Bucks
Unfortunately, if you have not followed the above steps, you won’t be able to use your V-Bucks.
Furthermore, any V-Bucks purchased or redeemed through PlayStation or Nintendo Switch can only be spent through the platform they were purchased or redeemed on.
However, any items purchased with your V-Bucks can be used across all platforms.
Additionally, if you purchase or redeem V-Bucks on an Xbox, PC, or mobile device, those can be used across all Xbox, PC, and mobile platforms.
What Payment Methods Does Fortnite Accept?
Fortnite accepts payment methods such as the following:
- American Express
- Amazon Pay
Additionally, depending on what country you are in, there are other forms of payment accepted.
If you want to know more, you can also read our posts on why is PayPal so slow, if you can cancel a PayPal payment, and how long do PayPal refunds take.
PayPal is one of many payment methods you can use to buy V-Bucks and other items on Fortnite. There are some stipulations, however, such as not being able to use your PayPal Wallet.
Additionally, if you decide you don’t want to use PayPal on Fortnite, it accepts many other major payment methods such as Visa, Mastercard, etc. Furthermore, Fortnite is a secure website to use your payment methods and to play on.