PayPal.Me is a branch of PayPal that is a faster, easier, and safer way for people to send you money.
However, if you use PayPal a lot, you may be wondering if you can and how to change your PayPal Username? I did some research and here is what I found!
How Can I Change My Paypal Username In 2023?
Unfortunately, once your PayPal.Me link, or username, has been created, you are unable to change or delete it in 2023. This is because it becomes a fast and easy way of finding users, and PayPal doesn’t want its users to change it many times and confuse other users. However, there is an option to hide it.
If you want to learn more about where to find your username, how your PayPal.Me link works as your username, and more, then continue reading!
Is My PayPal Username My Email?
Your PayPal username is not your email address, but is a separate part of your PayPal account through PayPal.Me.
PayPal.Me is a personal link you set up, and is one way users can search and find you to send you money.
Furthermore, your username should look something like “@YourUsername,” which is different from your email, which usually looks like YourEmail@example.com.
Additionally, your email address can also be used to find your PayPal account, and to send you money.
However, it’s primarily used to log into your PayPal account, and for PayPal to contact you with any issues or information about your account.
How Do I Find My PayPal Username?
Your PayPal username will be located under your profile icon under your name.
To find your username, do the following:
- Log in to your PayPal account- you can do this on the app or at PayPal.com
- Next, go to your profile by clicking the profile icon
- At the top of the screen, you should see your profile icon, your name, and your username
- Your username should look like “@YourUsername”
However, creating your username, or PayPal.Me personal link is optional when setting up your PayPal account.
If you did not set up a PayPal.Me link when creating your account, or another separate time, then you will not see your username.
Additionally, if you have not set up your PayPal.Me link yet, you may see your email address under your name instead. However, this does not mean your email is your username.
If you need to create your PayPal.Me link, or username, there are a couple of ways you can do so. You can go to PayPal.Me directly, or create it through your PayPal account.
To create your link and username directly through PayPal.Me, do the following:
- Go to PayPal.Me
- Once you reach the website, there will be a link that says “Create Your PayPal.Me Link.”
- Select the link, and follow the prompts it gives you
To create your link and username through your PayPal account, do the following:
- Begin by logging into your PayPal account, on PayPal.com or the app
- Second, go to your profile by clicking your profile icon
- Then, you will need to click the “Personal Profile” tab
- Once in the “Personal profile” tab, there will be a link at the bottom of the page that says “Get Started”
- After clicking “Get Started,” it will take you to another page where you will need to “Choose your link.”
- Here, you need to type in the name you want for your link. Whatever you type for your link will be your username.
- If what you type in is already taken, you will have to adjust your name until it is available.
- When you have chosen an available name, click “Next,” and you will be taken to a new page.
- On this page, you will see your PayPal.Me link, and at the bottom of the screen, you will need to click “Agree and Create.”
After you have clicked “Agree and Create,” your link and username will be created. Now if you go back to your profile, you will see your username under your profile icon and your name.
Additionally, once your link has been created, when you click on the “Personal profile” tab, you will see your username and be able to update information about you to make it easier for users to find your account.
You will also see a spot that says “Profile status – on.” This means your link is on, and “anyone can see and send money to your PayPal Username.”
If you no longer wish to use your link, you can click the button to the side of this to turn it off.
When you click the button to turn it off, you will be taken to a page that says “You’ll still have your username and link, but won’t be able to use them to get paid.”
Below that, there will be a “Turn Off” and “Cancel” button. If you wish to proceed, click “Turn Off,” and your link will no longer be active.
Furthermore, you can reactivate your link and username whenever you want. To reactive your PayPal.Me link and username, do the following:
- As stated before, make sure you are logged into your PayPal account
- Go to your profile icon and click the “Personal profile” tab
- Next, you just click the button next to the “Profile status – off,” and your link and username will be reactivated
Note that you can “Turn Off” and reactivate your PayPal.Me link and username whenever and as many times as you want.
Is It Safe to Give Someone My PayPal Username?
Fortunately, it is safe to give someone your PayPal username, because it comes from your PayPal.Me link.
When using your PayPal.Me link or username, users sending you money don’t need to know your email address, phone number, or even have a PayPal account.
All you have to do is give them your link or username.
Unfortunately, you cannot change or delete your PayPal username. However, if you don’t want to use it anymore, you can turn it off, and fortunately, you can always reactivate it whenever you want.
Additionally, your PayPal.Me personal link, or your username, is a very safe way for users to find your account and send you money.