More than ever, people are looking for more convenient ways to shop. Long gone are the days of endlessly browsing aisles.
Consumers want to get in and out as fast as possible when it comes to shopping. This desire has led to many retailers offering curbside or store pick-up where available, including Walmart. But what exactly is it and how does it work?
How Does Walmart Pickup Work?
With Walmart Pickup, customers can place their orders (minimum spend $35) online at Walmart.com or the Walmart App and select a pick-up time (8 am – 8 pm) from a desired store. Then you head to your designated Walmart, park in the curbside pickup area, and someone will place your items in your car.
To learn more about how Walmart Pickup works, any associated fees, and how to get the most out of Walmart Pickup, keep on reading!
What is Walmart Pickup?
Walmart curbside pickup is a convenient way for you to get your essentials without having to spend time browsing for your items in-store or waiting in long checkout lines.
Walmart Pickup can be accessed on either the Walmart App or the Walmart Website. Once you have selected the items you would like to purchase, choose “Pickup” when checking out online and select a store near you.
It is important to note that not all Walmart and not all items are able to be added to your pickup order. You will want to review your order and options before checking out.
How Does Walmart Pickup Work?
Now that we have covered the basics of Walmart Pickup let’s talk about what kind of options you have with Walmart.
When you log into your account, you can place items into your cart and choose pickup at checkout. From there, you can select a time and if you want to do one of two pickup options.
There are two options when it comes to Walmart Pickup – Store and Curbside.
- Store Pickup: With store pickup, you can make an order online or on the app. Once your order is ready, you will receive a notification, and you can head to the store you selected. This is ideal for items that are not considered grocery items. They will typically have a same-day label on them online.
- Curbside Pickup: Most often used in conjunction with their Walmart Grocery app, this allows you to place an order online. Once your order is ready, you will drive to a dedicated parking space, and an employee will bring your order to you and place it inside your vehicle.
Side note: you can also watch the below video that walks you through the entire process of ordering groceries for Walmart Pickup.
Both of these increase the convenience of shopping with Walmart and it is also an excellent option for those who may have mobility concerns and be unable to stand or walk for long periods of time.
If you are looking for more information about Walmart Pickup options, they answer a lot of the most common questions here on their website.
What Can You Order on Walmart Pickup?
One of the biggest questions with Walmart Pickup is what can you order? Depending on the order method you use, you may be limited as to what you can pick up and when you can pick it up.
For orders using store pickup, you can pick up almost anything in the store as long as it is available. The website and app will let you know if the item you are interested in is in stock and when it can be ready to pick up.
Curbside pickup primarily focuses on groceries at almost all Walmart locations in the United States. Due to recent changes, some locations are making more items available for curbside pickup as well.
How Do You Pick Up Your Walmart Order?
Picking up your order is extremely easy. Your pickup windows will range between the hours of 8 AM and 8 PM at most locations.
Before ordering, you want to ensure that there are slots available in the time frame that you want. Walmart offers pickup every day of the week.
- Place your order online or via the Walmart app.
- Select a pickup option and a time window.
- Wait for a notification to tell you your order is ready.
- Check into the store via the app or online to receive a parking number.
- Park in your designated spot and wait for your order.
It is really that easy to pick up an order from your local Walmart. They also offer contactless delivery.
If you have age-restricted items, have your ID ready to show the employee, this can be done through the window of your vehicle.
If you have any further questions about pickup, Walmart’s website offers a great FAQ that you can check out!
How Much is Walmart Pickup?
One of the best aspects of using Walmart Pickup is that it is entirely free to use. There are no hidden fees, no increase in item costs, no membership requirements, and you do not even have to tip the employees who bring it to your vehicle.
Almost all Walmart locations will have a minimum order of around $30 in order to be able to use the service.
Past the threshold, there are no limits to how many items or the total cost. There are also no limitations on how often you can use the Walmart Pickup service.
How Can You Get the Most Out of Walmart Pickup?
Now that we have covered everything you need to know about using Walmart Pickup let’s talk more about a few tips and tricks you can use to benefit you as much as possible. Here are a few tips that you should consider!
- Always check when the next available window is. Sometimes it may be better to place your order the day before to ensure that you have a pickup time that works with your schedule.
- Using the app over the website is excellent for those who are on the go. It is much easier to check in for your pickup on the app than it would be to use the browser on your phone.
- There will be instances where the item that you want may be out of stock. Make sure that you choose alternates to help the shopper complete your order.
- If you are picky when it comes to meat or produce, then you may want to save that to shop for yourself. Since you are not picking it out, you may not be satisfied with what you get.
These are just a few helpful tips to make your shopping experience as enjoyable as it can be. It would be best if you also did some research into what your local Walmart provides.
Not all locations will offer the same hours or the same products. You can do this by clicking on an item you want to purchase and toggling Pick Up on the sidebar.
To learn more, you can see our other posts on how to cancel a Walmart pickup order, how to read a Walmart receipt, who Walmart uses for shipping, and our mega guide on Walmart Plus.
Walmart Pickup is one of the easiest ways to shop. Not only can you pick up more than just your groceries at some locations, but they have made it easy, contactless, and they do it all without price-gouging their items!
Using the app or the Walmart website, you can save hours of time shopping, which leaves you more time to do things you want to do. With locations across the country, hours that work with almost any schedule, and the introduction of non-grocery items, Walmart Pickup is a huge asset for those with busy lives.