Normally, if you no longer use Sephora’s e-commerce services, you will likely delete the account.
But how do you delete the Sephora account? Do you have to contact Sephora, or can you do it yourself? If you’d like to find out, keep reading and get factual answers to these and other relevant questions!
How to Delete a Sephora Account in 2023
If you don’t need or want a Sephora account anymore, you can delete it yourself through the company website in 2023. For this option, you have to log into your account. Alternatively, you can contact Sephora representatives and beauty advisors via Chat, email, or phone to get assistance and guidance on how to delete a Sephora account.
To discover more about how to delete your Sephora account online, other options to delete your Sephora account, if Sephora deletes inactive accounts, and much more, continue reading!
How Can I Delete My Sephora Account Online?
Follow the steps below to delete your Sephora account online:
- Log in to your account and click on the “My Account” tab at the top of the page.
- There, you’ll find a link to “Manage Your Account.”
- Click on that link under “Your Account Info” on the next page.
- Click on the “Deactivate My Account” link.
- You’ll be asked to confirm your decision, and once you do, the Sephora system will delete your account.
How Do I Delete My Sephora Account Via Email?
Start by accessing your account through the Sephora website and then log in. After which, click on the “Contact Us” option and select the email form.
While accessing the email form, carefully follow the prompts before you state your reason for requesting the closure of your account.
More importantly, put “Request to Delete Account” as the subject line on the email form.
In the unlikely event that you forget your password and can’t delete your account or recover your password, you will need to contact Sephora directly to bypass the security check.
However, in such a case, the process might take longer since Sephora has to verify and validate you as the actual owner of the account.
What Other Methods Can I Use to Delete My Sephora Account?
Other than the Sephora website platform and email option, you can use the following options to delete your Sephora account:
- Phone call – contact Sephora Customer Services via 1-877-737-4672 and make a request to have your account deleted.
For customers with a hearing impairment, reach Sephora customer care via 1-888-866-9845.
Keep in mind that Sephora representatives are only available from Monday -Friday, 5 am-9 pm, and Saturday-Sunday 6 am-9 pm PT.
- Via Chat – you can also contact Sephora representatives via live Chat from Monday through Sunday from 3 am to 9 pm PT. They will show you how to delete a Sephora account.
- Sephora community – ask for assistance in the Sephora community group.
- Third parties services – If you encounter challenges in deleting your Sephora account, you can seek assistance from third parties such as DoNotPay.
Does Sephora Delete Inactive Accounts?
Sephora doesn’t delete your inactive account, but your earned points will expire if the account has been dormant for 12 consecutive months or more.
However, you can keep your account active by purchasing or even redeeming a reward/birthday gift.
How Do I Delete My Sephora Insider Account?
To delete your Sephora Insider account, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your account.
- Click on “Your Account” in the top right corner of the page.
- Under “My Profile,” click on “Settings.”
- On the “Settings” page, under “Account Details,” click on “Delete My Account.
How Can I Reset My Sephora Password?
If you forgot your Sephora account password, click the “forgot password?” link on your login screen.
Afterward, enter your email address, which the Sephora technical team will use to send you a code, thus allowing you to create your new password.
How Do I Unsubscribe From Sephora?
To end your Sephora subscription, follow these simple steps:
- Log into your account.
- On the left panel, click “Subscriptions.”
- Click on ‘Unsubscribe’
How Do I Change My Personal Details on Sephora?
To change your personal Sephora details, visit the Sephora website and select ‘My Account,” click on ‘Account Details,’ and then ‘Edit Personal Info.’
After logging in, you can change your password, name, phone number, email address, residential address, or country.
To learn more, you can also read our posts on Ulta vs Sephora, how long does Sephora take to ship, and do Sephora points expire.
Sephora does not delete any member account regardless of the state of the account. Only Sephora members can initiate account deletion either in-person or by contacting Sephora. However, Sephora Beauty Insiders with inactive accounts risk losing their points.