Verizon offers several features for customers including the ability to forward calls, but do you know how to forward calls on Verizon?
Well, I am going to tell you all you need to know about the process to take if you want to forward calls on your Verizon phone so keep reading to find out more!
How To Forward Calls Verizon In [currentyear]?
You can forward calls on Verizon by using your Verizon phone that you want to have the service turned on for. Simply dial *72 and the phone number you want your calls forwarded to from that device. Once you turn on call forwarding you won’t be able to receive calls on your mobile phone until you turn Call Forwarding off.
Do you want to know more about forwarding calls on Verizon, such as if you have to pay for it? If so, keep reading below to find out even more useful information!
How Do I Forward My Calls On Verizon Online?
You can enable Call Forwarding from your My Verizon account online and it’s simple to do if you follow our steps outlined below:
- Sign in to your My Verizon Account
- Go to “Account” and then select “My Devices”
- Select “Device Overview” and then find the number you want to have Call Forwarding enabled for
- Select “Manage Device” and then find “Call Forwarding”
- Select “Manage”
- Select which phone number you want to enable service for under “Select Mobile Number”
- Enter the 10-digit phone number where you want the calls to be forwarded to under “Forward Mobile Number”
- Select “Update Call Forwarding Status”
- Choose an option from the “Select Verification Option”
- Use a verification method such as text or email and hit “Send”
- Verify with that method to turn the feature on
However, it’s important to note that when you send your verification option, you only have 2 minutes to confirm it or else you’ll have to repeat the step.
How Do I Forward My Calls Verizon App?
You can forward your Verizon calls from the My Verizon app quickly and easily just by performing the following actions:
- Open the My Verizon app
- Select “Account”
- Enter your password if required
- Find the mobile number you want to activate Call Forwarding on
- Select “Manage Device”
- Look for “Preferences” and then select “Manage Call Forwarding”
- Enter the 10-digit number you want to have the calls forwarded to
Additionally, you can also stop Call Forwarding from the app by just clicking the “X” by the phone number on the last step above.
Can I Forward Calls On Verizon Using Customer Service?
You can call Verizon Customer Service if you don’t have your cell phone with you and you don’t have any access to the Internet to log in to your My Verizon account.
Furthermore, just dial the Verizon Customer Service line 1- 800-922-0204 and either go through the prompts to turn on Call Forwarding or hold to speak to a representative.
Does Verizon Charge for Call Forwarding?
Verizon does not charge monthly fees for Call Forwarding on most of the Verizon Wireless plans, but some older plans might have a fee associated with it.
Furthermore, if you’re not on an Unlimited plan then you will be billed for those forwarded call minutes just as if you were answering those calls from your Verizon phone.
Can You Use Call Forward to An International Number Verizon?
You cannot Call Forward your Verizon phone to an international number, which means any forwarding number you want to use needs to be a number within the United States.
Does Verizon Call Forwarding Work For Text Messages?
Unfortunately, Verizon Call Forwarding will only work for calls received and does not work for text messages.
How Do I Forward My Verizon Landline to My Cell Phone?
If you have Verizon Fios as your landline telephone service, you can forward calls from that Verizon landline to a cell phone by following the steps below:
- Press the “Talk” button on your landline phone or turn it on
- Press *72 and then wait for the two tones
- Enter the 10-digit number that you want to forward those calls to
- You should then wait for the call to be answered and then it’s active
How Do I Turn Off Call Forwarding on Verizon Landline?
To turn off Call Forwarding on your Verizon landline by dialing *73, wait for the two tones and that’s how you know it’s turned off.
Does Verizon Charge for Call Forwarding on Landline?
Verizon may charge for Call Forwarding service if you have Verizon Fios and have a landline, so it’s important to look at your home phone plan to see if the service is free of charge or not.
For example, depending on your home phone plan, you might be charged a fee of $35 to use Call Forward on your landline, so it’s not free like it is with most Verizon Wireless plans.
You can forward calls on Verizon by dialing *72 from your Verizon phone along with the 10-digit number of the phone you want your calls to be forwarded to.
However, once activated, you will need to turn call forwarding off, or else your phone won’t receive calls.
Additionally, you can turn the Call Forward feature on by using a landline, using the My Verizon website, or the My Verizon app and it’s simple to activate within seconds.