Have you heard about all of the Verizon tracking practices and have concerns about the data being collected and want to opt-out of it all entirely?
If so, continue reading below because I’ve found out exactly how to opt-out of Verizon tracking quickly and easily so you’ll no longer need to be worried about being tracked!
How To Opt Out Of Verizon Tracking In [currentyear]?
You can opt out of Verizon tracking by logging into your account and going into the My Verizon website; Scroll to the bottom so that you see the “Privacy Preferences” and then there will be a “Reset” button you need to select to opt-out of Verizon Custom Experience. Turn the related toggle switch off so that you’re not tracked.
Do you want to know more about opting out of Verizon tracking, such as if you need to opt-out of each line or can opt-out per account? Well, keep reading to learn about that and much more!
How Do I Opt-Out of Verizon Custom Tracking?
If you’d like to opt-out of the Verizon Custom Tracking, you’ll first need to sign in to your My Verizon account on the web, and then follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to the “Account” section
- Select “Account Settings” and then “Privacy Settings”
- Look for the “My Verizon Custom Experience Programs” webpage
- Scroll down to the bottom and select “Don’t Use” for the line you don’t want to be enrolled
- Select “Save Changes”
Do I Need to Opt-Out of Verizon Tracking On Each Line?
You will need to opt-out of Verizon Tracking for each line that you have on your Verizon account, so there is no way to opt out for your entire account with one click.
Therefore, you’ll have to go through and individually select “Don’t Use” to opt-out of the tracking program for each phone number and then make sure to select “Save Changes” afterward.
How Do I Opt-Out of Verizon Custom Tracking Through Verizon App?
If you’d like to opt-out of the Verizon Custom Tracking through the My Verizon app it’s easy to do if you follow the steps below:
- Open the My Verizon app
- Select “Settings” on the right side of the app at the top
- Go down to the “Manage Privacy Settings” section
- Toggle “Custom Experience” and “Custom Experience Plus” off by switching them to the left
- Repeat the process for each line you’d like to opt-out of being tracked
How Do I Change Verizon Privacy Preferences?
Not only do you want to opt-out of Verizon Custom Experience and Custom Experience Plus, but you’ll want to change your privacy preferences to ensure you’re not being tracked at all.
Furthermore, to manage your privacy preferences through the My Verizon app, just open the app and complete the steps below to make sure your information isn’t being shared or tracked:
- Select “Settings” which is a gear icon at the top
- Select “Manage Privacy Settings” and then you can see the marketing campaigns Verizon has which track your phone and collect data
- Toggle the switches for “Business and Marketing Insights” and “Customer Proprietary Network Info” off by switching them to the left
Can I Disable Verizon Location Agent Tracking?
You can disable Verizon Location Agent which is also an important step if you’d like to prevent Verizon from tracking you, and it has to be manually turned off since it’s a built-in agent.
Furthermore, if you’d like to turn off the Location Agent on your Verizon phone, complete the simple steps below:
- Go into the “Settings” app on your Verizon phone
- Select “Application Manager”
- Find “Location Agent” and select it to open up the information
- Select “Clear cache”
- Turn off or disable the service
- Uncheck the box for notifications
How Do I Stop Sharing Location on Verizon?
Sharing your location is another way that Verizon can track you, so disabling location information including GPS, can be one quick way that you can prevent Verizon tracking.
For example, if you’re on an iPhone you want to follow the guide below to stop location sharing on Verizon:
- Go to “Settings” on your iPhone and select “Privacy Location Services”
- Toggle “Location Services” off by switching it to the left
- Select “Share My Location” and then toggle that switch off by moving it left
- Go back and then select “System Services”
- Toggle “Call Network Search” and other switches off
- Select “Significant Locations” and toggle that switch off
- Switch the “Status Bar Icon” off
Also, you can use a similar process if you have an Android device and want to disable the GPS functionality, but the steps will vary depending on which Android device you own.
However, when you disable the GPS functionality on your Verizon device, some services and features will be unavailable for you to use, so you may want to leave GPS tracking on.
You can opt-out of Verizon tracking your device by opting out of both Custom Experience and Custom Experience Plus, which you can do from within the My Verizon app or website.
However, you’ll need to go into “Privacy Preferences” then select the programs from the menu and click “Don’t Use” for each line you have on your account.
Also, to prevent other Verizon tracking, you’ll need to disable the Verizon Location Agent and stop sharing your location via GPS.