Popeyes fried chicken is more delicious when it is perfectly crispy and warm. Therefore, if you buy more than you can eat, you have to reheat it to enhance the taste.
But how do you reheat Popeyes chicken? Can you use a microwave, oven, or air-fryer to do it? Stay on to get the answers to these questions and much more!
How Do You Reheat Popeyes Chicken In 2023?
You can reheat Popeyes chicken by warming it up in an oven, or reheating it in an air fryer or a microwave. Of these three options, using an oven or an air fryer guarantees to get crispy fried chicken. However, using a microwave does not make the fried chicken crispy but moist and soft in 2023.
If you want to find more information on the best methods of reheating Popeyes Chicken, how to make it crispy again, and much more, keep reading!
How Do You Make Popeyes Chicken Crispy Again?
You can make Popeyes Chicken crispy by reheating it and using a method that balances the moisture levels.
However, some heating methods, such as using a microwave, may heat the water in the chicken and keep it moist and soft.
Alternatively, other methods such as using a microwave or an air fryer can dry the chicken and even make it tough and chewy if you’re not careful.
How Do You Reheat Popeyes Chicken in the Oven?
According to Cooking Chew, the best way to reheat Popeyes chicken is by using an oven.
For this process, the total cooking time, including the 20 minutes taken to allow the chicken to come to room temperature, is 30 minutes.
The cooking tools required for this procedure include the following:
- Conventional oven
- An oven-safe rack to lift the chicken
- Cooking spray for the rack (to aid with cleanup)
- Parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Oven-safe baking sheet
- Cutting board
- Platter or plate
The process of reheating Popeyes chicken using an oven is as follows:
- Preheat the oven to 375o.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the refrigerator, lay them on a platter, and leave it at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Cover the baking sheet with foil and set it aside.
- Spray the rack and set it on the foil.
- Place the pieces of chicken on the rack. Ensure you space the pieces so that their sides do not touch each other.
- Put the pan with the chicken in the oven for approximately 10-15 minutes. Ensure not to open the oven door for the first 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, reduce the heat to 325o if the chicken is getting too brown.
- Using a pair of tongs, pull a piece onto your cutting board and cut it.
- Remove the baking rack and use tongs to transfer the pieces to a bowl.
- Allow them to cool for approximately 4 minutes.
How Do You Reheat Popeyes Chicken in an Air Fryer?
The process of reheating Popeyes chicken in an air fryer takes approximately 23 minutes, including the 15 minutes during which the chicken is to come to room temperature.
The tools required for completing this process include the following:
- Air fryer
- Cutting board
- Plate or platter
The procedure for reheating Popeyes fried chicken by using an air fryer is as follows:
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator (only the pieces you intend to reheat) and allow the chicken to sit out at room temperature for approximately 15 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer at 325o for approximately 2 minutes.
- Put the chicken in the air fryer. Ensure you do not overcrowd the chicken by spacing out the pieces.
- Reheat the chicken for approximately 3 minutes.
- Pause the air fryer and flip the chicken using tongs.
- Cook the chicken pieces for another 3 minutes.
- Pull out a piece and place it on a cutting board.
- Cut into the chicken to confirm whether it is warm to your liking.
- If you are not satisfied, use the tongs to flip the chicken pieces.
- Cook the chicken pieces for two more minutes.
Can You Reheat Popeyes Chicken in the Microwave?
The estimated time required to reheat fried chicken using a microwave is approximately 30 seconds.
This includes the 20 minutes taken to allow the chicken pieces to come to room temperature.
The tools required for reheating Popeyes fried chicken in a microwave are as follows:
- Paper towel
The procedure for reheating Popeyes fried chicken using a microwave is as shown below:
- Remove the chicken pieces from the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature for approximately 20 minutes.
- Put the paper towel on a plate, add a piece of chicken to the plate and place it in the microwave. (Ensure the plate is microwave-safe).
- Set the microwave to 30 seconds.
- Use the tongs to turn the fried chicken and put it in the microwave.
- Set the microwave for 30 more seconds.
- Remove the chicken, and cut it into a piece to see if it is heated to your satisfaction.
- If not, you can continue reheating the chicken in the microwave at 30-second intervals until the chicken is ready to eat.
You can use an oven, an air fryer, or a microwave to reheat Popeyes chicken. However, for crispy results, it is most advisable to use an oven or an air fryer. Through these means, you can have chicken that tastes just as fresh and crispy as when you purchased it!