Blocking someone is a useful tool to help protect yourself against scams, fraud, and just plain bad people that are normal to come by regularly.
But if you have blocked someone on PayPal in the past, you might be wondering how to unblock them now. Well, I looked into unblocking on PayPal, and here are the answers I found!
How Can I Unblock Someone on PayPal In 2023?
Unblocking a user on PayPal is similar to the process of blocking a user in 2023. To unblock someone, you have to go to your PayPal “Contacts,” and “View blocked contacts.” From there, then click on “Unblock” and that will unblock the select contact.
If you are curious about learning how to unblock users on PayPal, both buyer and sellers, how to unblock payments on PayPal, and more, then continue reading!
How Do I Unblock Users on PayPal?
Unblocking a PayPal user is done in the same tab where you block a user, and it’s similar to the same process.
Additionally, blocking or unblocking a PayPal user is the same process as blocking or unblocking a seller.
To unblock someone on PayPal, use the following methods:
- First, log in to your PayPal account
- Then, go to “Send and Request,” and find your “Contacts”
- Next, click “View blocked contacts”
- Last, click “Unblock” on the contact you want to unblock
On the app:
- Log in to your account
- Next, click “Payments”
- “Payments” is the dollar sign ($) at the bottom of the screen
- Then, click “Pay”
- Following, go to “Your Contacts” and click “View blocked contacts”
- Finally, click “Unblock”
Can PayPal Block Funds?
PayPal can block funds, which PayPal refers to as a “hold”.
Moreover, a hold only happens to funds in a seller’s account that is from payment for an item or service.
Furthermore, PayPal may place a hold on funds if:
- You are a new seller
- Your account has been inactive
- PayPal thinks the amount you received is unusual for your normal patterns
- You are selling items that can cause “dissatisfaction” from customers
- You are selling higher risk items or services
Additionally, PayPal uses holds to protect both buyers and sellers in case of disputes or claims about the purchase.
Moreover, your funds will be on hold for up to 21 days unless you provide:
- Tracking information
- Print USPS or UPS shipping labels, or
- Update the order status
Providing this information helps PayPal know when the buyer receives the items.
Additionally, the buyer may have to “confirm receipt” for the item or service to let PayPal know the order was received and is correct.
Can My PayPal Account Be Blocked?
Technically, your PayPal account can be “blocked”, but just like with “blocked funds,” PayPal refers to it as “limiting” or “suspending” your accountg.
Moreover, PayPal will limit your account if:
- There is unusual or potentially fraudulent activity on your account
- Your information is outdated or incorrect
- Have a negative balance, and
- Many More
Furthermore, if you want to use your PayPal account regularly, you will have to remove the limitations, as long as they are not permanent limitations.
If the limits are permanent, you will not be able to remove them.
To remove limits from your account:
- First, log in to your PayPal account
- You will have to log in through PayPal.com, because the “Resolutions Center” is only available online
- Next, go to your “Resolution Center”
- Then, click “Go to Account Limitations”
- After you will see a list of steps, you need to click “Resolve” next to each step, and follow all the steps to remove the limit
Additionally, PayPal may ask you to send some documents to lift the limit.
Furthermore, after you have followed all the steps, you may receive an email from PayPal requesting more information.
You will need to provide this to finish lifting the limit on your account.
To know more, you can also see our posts on how long do PayPal refunds take, does Onlyfans accepts PayPal, and student PayPal account.
PayPal only refers to one service on its platform as “blocking,” which is blocking and unblocking users. However, many of PayPal’s users refer to other services on PayPal’s platform as blocking, such as “holding” funds or “limiting” their accounts.
Furthermore, unblocking a user on PayPal is simple, because it’s almost the same process as blocking a user. They are both done in your PayPal “Contacts.” Additionally, it’s the same process to unblock a buyer on PayPal as it is to unblock a seller.