If you have an iPhone and have been thinking of using Measure, you may want to know before you do if the app’s measuring system is accurate.
Well, I have been researching this topic and have all you need to know below, so read further to learn what I’ve discovered!
Is iPhone Measure Accurate?
iPhone Measure is not that accurate since it uses the iPhone camera to measure the distance between two objects in the real world. Therefore, if you’re trying to measure something that requires precision, then the iPhone Measure app would not be suitable as it’ll only give you a ballpark estimate in 2023.
Are you looking for more information about iPhone Measure? If so, don’t stop reading yet because I have even more to share with you!
Is the iPhone Measure Accurate for Height?
The iPhone Measure app is fairly accurate for height, but it’s not going to work if you need the height to be precise. Therefore, it depends on what you’re using the height measurement for.
For example, you can measure the height of a person and get a pretty close reading to their real height by following the steps below:
- Open up the “Measure” app
- Select “Measure”
- Ensure the entire body of the person is on your screen
- A dot will show up on the screen, so tap on it to bring the dot to the top of the head
- You should see their height
- You can then take their photo if you want using the shutter button
- Tap on the image and save the photo if you want
- Click on “Done”
However, while the Measure app can give you a fairly close answer if you need a precise height, there are much better options than using the Measure app.
How Does the iPhone Measure Work?
The iPhone Measure app uses augmented reality and your camera to detect various objects in the real world and measure the distance based on analyzing scenes from within the camera.
Furthermore, it uses the reference point to get the measurement, which is why it’s not entirely accurate since it uses ARKit.
That being said, the iPhone 12 Pro and newer include LiDAR Scanner, which creates three-dimensional models, and is more accurate if you’re trying to get a person’s height.
How Do You Use the iPhone Measure?
To use the iPhone Measure app, it’s simple to get fairly accurate results by following the steps below:
- Open up “Measure” on your iOS device
- Point the camera at what you’re trying to measure
- Click on the “+” icon
- Adjust the ruler to the size of the object
- Select the “+” icon one more time
- The measurement will show up in the middle of the line
How Can I Make the iPhone Measure More Accurate?
If you want to get more accurate results with iPhone Measure, there are a few things you can do, such as:
- Measure in a well-lit location
- Measure an object between 2 and 10 feet in front of you
- Move the camera after your measurement was taken
- Take more than one measurement and then use the average to get the closest measurement
- Use an iPhone 12 Pro device since it has LiDAR Scanner, which is a little more accurate and easier to use for taking measurements
Can You Measure a Room With an iPhone?
Using the Measure app on an iPhone, you can measure a room, but it shouldn’t be used for precise dimensions and should only be used to give you a ballpark estimate.
However, if you’d like to measure a room with your iPhone, then just follow the simple steps below:
- Open the Measure app
- Walk around your room making marking points on the doorway and corners of your room
- The dimensions of your room will show up within the app. However, remember that if you need the utmost accuracy, you should use another method to measure your room
iPhone Measure is fairly accurate, especially if you’re using an iPhone 12 Pro device that features the LiDAR Scanner, but it still should only be used as a ballpark estimator tool.
For example, if you’re remodeling or need a precise measurement for other purposes, iPhone Measure isn’t the best option, but it’s great at giving you a fairly reasonable estimate.