Most job seekers are aware that Starbucks is a good employer. In addition to that, Starbucks also has several store locations, so there may be openings at a store near you.
If you have some retail experience and are looking for a job at Starbucks, you might be curious about the Shift Supervisor position. But, before you apply, check out all of my research on the job to find out if it’s right for you!
Starbucks Shift Supervisor In 2022
Starbucks Shift Supervisor is a leadership position responsible for the smooth running of the store during their shifts as of 2022. To apply, you need to have at least one year of customer service experience in a retail or restaurant setting. Also, this job is a full-time position that usually pays $14 an hour with an excellent benefits package.
To learn more about the Starbucks Shift Supervisor position and how you can apply, keep on reading!
What Does A Starbucks Shift Supervisor Do?
At Starbucks, the Shift Supervisor helps the store manager in running the store and managing the team.
That said, this leadership role requires planning and managerial skills to anticipate customer needs and communicate with the store manager.
Also, the Shift Supervisor sets an example for the baristas, especially during busy times, and coaches and mentors them for leadership roles.
Further, the Shift Supervisor maintains a focus on customer service at all times.
On top of that, this position is responsible for security, quality control, and following health and safety guidelines.
Moreover, Shift Supervisor duties include the following:
- Balance cash registers and make deposits
- Order supplies and track inventory
- Train new hires
- Ensure the store follows food safety procedures
- Address staff and customer concerns
What Is The Starbucks Shift Supervisor Job Description?
The Shift Supervisor manages shifts and delegates work to the team to create a great Starbucks Experience for customers and employees.
That said, the Shift Supervisor is responsible for operations during scheduled shifts. Further, the job description for a Shift Supervisor includes the following duties:
- Promote the culture, values, and mission of Starbucks
- Model a calm demeanor to set an example for the team, especially during busy periods
- Constantly evaluate the needs of the store and customers to anticipate and prevent problems
- Maintain communication with the store manager
- Help with training new hires and provide feedback to store manager on team performance
- Provide feedback and coaching to the team in a respectful environment
- Follow Starbucks operational policies and procedures for handling cash handling and security
- Follow cash management and cash register policies and ensure the team also follows these
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality
- Provide excellent customer service
- Follow all health, safety, and sanitation guidelines
What Are The Requirements For A Shift Supervisor Position?
A Shift Supervisor position at Starbucks requires strong communication, organizational, and management skills.
Additionally, the position requires one year or more of customer service in a retail or restaurant setting.
Further, the skills required for a Starbucks Shift Supervisor include:
- Ability to manage and inspire a team
- Knowledge of the retail environment
- Ability to work and supervise in a stressful, fast-paced environment
- Strong planning, communication, and management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Quick learner
- Ability to build relationships
What Hours Does A Starbucks Shift Supervisor Work?
In most cases, Shift Supervisor at Starbucks is a full-time position, requiring 32 to 40 hours a week.
How To Apply For A Shift Supervisor Position At Starbucks
Starbucks makes applying for any job at the company rather simple.
That said, Starbucks lists all open Shift Supervisor positions on the Starbucks website so that you can apply online!
What Questions Will They Ask At A Starbucks Shift Supervisor Job Interview?
The Starbucks Shift Supervisor job interview will focus on your previous work experience and how your skillset matches the requirements for the position.
With that, the hiring manager will ask you about your leadership style and supervisory skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and even your favorite drink at Starbucks.
In addition, these are some of the questions a manager may ask you during the Starbucks Shift Supervisor job interview:
- Why do you want to work at Starbucks?
- What do you know about our company?
- Do you enjoy working with people?
- When was the last time you contributed to a team effort, and what was your role?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- Can you work weekends?
- How do you get subordinates to produce at a high level?
- Why are you the best person for Starbucks?
- What is your greatest strength?
- If hired, how long do you see yourself working here?
- What are your career goals?
- Where do you see yourself in two years?
- What is your leadership style?
- Do you have management experience?
- What is your favorite drink at Starbucks?
- Tea or coffee?
- What is your availability?
- What is a challenge you’ve faced and overcome?
- Tell us about your past work experience.
The purpose of these questions is to assess your suitability for a management position that bears the responsibility for the smooth running of assigned shifts.
That said, your answers should focus on matching your skills and experience to the job requirements.
Also, you should stress how your personal goals align with Starbucks’ values and mission.
Further, people who have gone through this interview process report that it’s a friendly and comfortable setting, so you don’t have to stress while preparing.
What Is The Salary Of A Shift Supervisor At Starbucks?
The average Shift Supervisor salary at Starbucks is $14 an hour or $29,099 per year for a full-time position.
Additionally, the position offers excellent benefits like health coverage, paid leave, savings plans, and stock options.
Is Starbucks Shift Supervisor A Good Job?
The Starbucks Shift Supervisor job is a good way to get your foot on the leadership ladder and gain a management position.
Further, Starbucks pays a good salary and offers excellent benefits, making the Shift Supervisor position an excellent place to start your management career.
The Starbucks Shift Supervisor is responsible for the smooth running of their scheduled shifts and providing excellent customer service.
Also, the Shift Supervisor supports and coaches the team while leading by example.
At Starbucks, it’s the first step in a leadership role and will provide valuable experience for a career in management.