If you or someone you know works at Verizon, you might be wondering about the Verizon Friends and Family discount, including how it works, and who is eligible for the discount?
Also, do you want to know what kind of discount you’ll receive? If so, keep reading below to find out all of the important details I’ve uncovered to help you save even more money with Verizon!
How Does the Verizon Friends and Family Discount Work In 2023?
The Verizon Friends and Family discount is available to eligible friends and family of Verizon employees in 2023. The discount works for Verizon Wireless or Fios Home Internet. You cannot be a current Verizon customer to receive this discount, and the discount percentage will vary, depending on how many phones you have on the plan.
Are there other questions you have about the Verizon Friends and Family discount, such as if you need a certain plan to be eligible? Well, continue reading to find out all that and more!
What Is the Verizon Friends and Family Discount?
The Verizon Friends and Family discount is a special offer for employees of Verizon where their friends and family that are eligible can save money on mobile and Fios services.
Does the Verizon Friends and Family Discount Have Eligibility Requirements?
There are eligibility requirements for the Verizon Friends and Family discount, which include all of the following:
- Not a current Verizon customer, and it’s been at least 30 days since you’ve had Verizon services
- Have an eligible code from a Verizon employee
- Can transfer at least one phone number to Verizon
- Willing to enroll in at least one Unlimited phone plan
- Must sign up for the discount using the Verizon website, since it’s not available over the phone, through the app, or at any Verizon stores
How Much Is the Verizon Friends and Family Mobile Discount?
There is no set amount for the Verizon Friends and Family mobile discount since the percentage will depend on how many lines you add to your wireless account, like the following variations:
- 1 line- $10 off per month
- 2 or 3 lines- $25 off per month
- 4 lines- $20 off per month
However, it may take up to 2 billing cycles for the Friends and Family discount to be applied to your account, and you’ll also have to pay the standard activation fee.
How Much Is the Verizon Friends and Family Discount for Fios Home Internet?
The Verizon Friends and Family discount for Fios Home Internet is only available for new customers that choose the Fios Gigabit Connection, and you’ll save $10 per month.
Therefore, with the discount, the Gigabit Connection will be $69.99 per month if you choose to have AutoPay set up.
However, if the Gigabit Connection is not offered in your location, then you must select the highest speed connection that is available to qualify.
Regardless, you’ll still have to pay the $99 setup fee for the Fios Home Internet, even if you have the discount.
How Do I Sign up for the Verizon Friends and Family Discount?
You can sign up for the Friends and Family discount a couple of different ways, depending on whether you have just the code, or you have the URL from the Verizon employee to the page.
Furthermore, if you have the URL from the Verizon employee, the code will automatically be embedded into the page, so it’ll appear in your shopping cart during the checkout process.
However, if you just have the discount code, then the Verizon Friends & Family sign-up page is where you’ll need to go if you’d like to begin the process of signing up for the discount.
For example, if you’re going to be signing up as a new customer for the Verizon phone plan, then just follow these simple steps:
- Select “Transfer line from another wireless carrier”
- Enter the number of phone lines you’d like to have on your Verizon account
- Fill in the details about your zip code
- You need to choose at least one Unlimited plan to be eligible to receive the discount
- Select any phone plan you want for additional lines on your account
- Choose to either bring your own smartphone to Verizon, or purchase a device through the Verizon website
- If you’re just purchasing a new phone through Verizon, then select whether you want to pay full retail price for your new phone, trade in your old phone, or get onto a device payment plan for your new phone
- Go through the checkout process, and there will be a place for you to enter the Friends and Family discount code before you complete the checkout
Does the Verizon Friends and Family Discount Expire?
Your Verizon Friends and Family discount will not expire unless you cancel the Verizon services that the discount is for.
However, if you cancel the discounted service, your discount will disappear.
For example, if you get rid of your Verizon Unlimited plan, and switch to a different mobile plan, then you’ll no longer receive the Friends and Family discount.
However, you are allowed to change how many Unlimited phone plans you have on your account, and the amount of the discount will change to reflect the number of lines you have.
The Verizon Friends and Family discount allows friends and family of Verizon employees to receive a discount on Verizon Wireless or Verizon Fios Home Internet services.
Furthermore, you can keep the discount for as long as you have the qualifying service, which includes having at least an Unlimited Plan, or choosing Fios Home Internet Gigabit Connection.