If you have Verizon, have you thought about what to do if your connected devices break or get damaged? Have you heard about Verizon Home Protection before and want to know more?
Well, if you’re concerned about your connected home devices, continue reading to find out what I’ve discovered about Verizon Home Protection, such as how it works and much more!
What Is Verizon Home Protection In 2023?
Verizon Home Protection, which is also called Verizon Home Device Protection, is a warranty service for your eligible connected home devices. Home entertainment, home office products, and other devices are covered. It allows you to get device replacement and repairs, but also offers additional services such as tech support and cyber security while online.
Do you want to know more about Verizon Home Protection, such as what the cost is per month and what items are covered? If so, keep reading to find out those answers, plus other FAQs.
How Does Verizon Home Protection Work?
Verizon Home Device Protection gives you a special extended warranty for your connected devices, and it also offers the following:
- Device repairs and replacement- the connected eligible devices can either be replaced or repaired if they break down, which includes wearables, home-office devices, home entertainment, and smart home products.
- In-home visits- you can get two in-home visits by an Asurion expert every year, and these experts will help you optimize, configure, or set up your devices.
- Tech expert help- you’ll be able to have 24/7 support for your tech questions, thanks to the Asurion experts that can answer any question you have through the phone, web, chat, or app.
- Digital security- with the Digital Secure app, you can connect to the public Wi-Fi network safely, and avoid shady websites that are trying to steal your data.
- ID theft alerts- If your information is in the wrong hands, and someone tries to use your identity, you’ll receive an ID theft alert right from the Digital Secure app.
However, for each claim that you file through Verizon Home Device Protection, you’ll have to pay a service fee of $49 or $99 when applicable.
What Does Verizon Home Protection Cover?
Verizon Total Home Protection covers almost any connected device in your home, including the following:
- Flat-screen televisions
- Video streaming devices
- Audio streaming devices
- Home theater systems
- DVD players
- Blu-Ray players
- Wearable items (smartwatches)
- Smart home products (Alexa, smart thermostats)
- Gaming consoles
Additionally, Verizon Total Home Protection offers accidental damage coverage for products, including:
- Wearables (smartwatches)
What Are the Specs Required for Verizon Home Protect Devices?
For your connected devices to be covered by Verizon Home Protection, they will need to have the following operating system specs:
- Windows 7 or newer
- Android operating system 1.6 or newer
- Apple operating system 10 or newer (for Apple PC)
However, any Verizon-provided or branded audio or video streaming devices and routers are excluded from this protection.
How Much Does Verizon Home Protection Cost?
Verizon Home Protection costs $25 per month if you want full protection and support for your connected devices.
Furthermore, you’ll have to pay the $49 to $99 claim fee before you can get your device replaced or repaired, where applicable.
Also, if you’re requesting product installation, a $49 service fee will apply for certain products, and Asurion’s website lets you see what the service fee will be for each specific product.
However, there is also a separate plan called Home Device Advisor, which is $15 per month and it gives you 24/7 tech support, but none of the other features if you’re looking to save money.
For Home Device Advisor, you just will need to download the related Tech Coach app to get tech support for your products.
How Do I Cancel Verizon Home Protect?
What’s great about Verizon Home Protection is you can cancel anytime you want, since the service operates on a month-to-month basis, and you’ll get a prorated refund when applicable.
You can use the My Verizon app to cancel Verizon Home Protect by following these steps:
- Sign in to your My Verizon account
- Head to the Verizon Home Device Protect section of the app
- Select “Manage”
- Find the line that you want to cancel, select “Manage,” and then choose “Remove Protect Home”
Additionally, you can use the My Verizon website to cancel by following these easy steps:
- Log in to the My Verizon website and select “Manage”
- Find the Verizon Home Device Protect section of the website
- Look for the line you want to remove the protection from
- Select “Remove”
Also, once you’ve canceled the service, you’ll have 30 days to file a claim on an eligible device.
How Many Claims Can You File with Verizon Home Protect?
You can file an unlimited amount of claims in 12 months, but each product cannot exceed a value of $2,000.
Furthermore, you’re limited to a total 12-month claim value of $5,000 on one plan.
When Can You File a Claim After Enrolling in Verizon Home Protection?
Even though you get charged immediately, you’ll have to wait 30 days after enrolling in Verizon Home Protection to file your first claim.
Verizon Home Protection offers extended warranty coverage for your eligible connected home devices, including home entertainment, home office, and wearables.
The cost is $25 per month for the full Verizon Home Protect plan, but you can just choose 24/7 tech support for $15 per month, and you can cancel anytime.