Amazon provides a variety of different services through their website, such as Amazon Prime delivery, Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Music, Amazon Photos, as well as Amazon Household.
However, some customers may be unfamiliar with what exactly Amazon Household is, and how it works. If you’re wondering the same thing, keep reading this article to learn more about this topic!
What Is Amazon Household In 2022?
Amazon Household is an extension that allows account holders to share their Amazon benefits with their children and/or spouse, as well as any other individuals living in their household. Amazon Household allows other family members to use Amazon Prime shipping, Amazon Music, Free Prime Video, and any other benefits the account holder uses.
If you’d like to learn more about how Amazon Household works, how much Amazon Household costs, if Amazon Household is included with Prime and more, keep reading this article for more useful tips and facts!
How Do You Create an Amazon Household?
If customers wish to create an Amazon Household account, they must do the following:
- Login to your Amazon Prime account and select Accounts & Lists.
- Scroll to the box “Shopping programs and rentals” and select “Amazon Household” from the listed options.
From this page, customers can begin adding their family members onto their account and can also read through a list of options available to their family members when they sign onto their Amazon Household account.
How Does Amazon Household Work?
If customers have an Amazon Prime account, Amazon has provided the option to share those benefits with other people.
In order to use Amazon Household, customers must first set up the application on their Prime account. Next, they must create profiles for each family member in their house.
Currently, Amazon allows up to two profiles for adults, four for children and four for teenagers. In order to add members to their Household account, customers must do the following:
Adding an Adult Profile:
- Login to your Amazon Prime account and open Amazon Household.
- Select the “Add Adult” option at the top of the computer screen.
- Enter their name and email address into the box and select Continue, or select the “Sign up together on this device” option, which will automatically add them as the second adult. If you choose the second option, the other adult must first verify their account.
- Next, select whether or not you wish to share your payment options and Amazon Prime benefits.
- Select the “Create Household” option, which will bring you to a new screen displaying both profiles side-by-side. Select the second adult profile, and click “Complete.”
- Verify how much information you wish to share, and then click “Next,” which will move you onto the next profile.
Adding a Child Profile:
- Select the “Add Child” option on the Amazon Household main page.
- A pop-up window will appear on your browser, where you must enter in your child’s name, date of birth and gender.
- Select “Save” and then choose which benefits your child will be granted access to.
Adding a Teen Profile:
- Select the “Add Teen” option located on the Amazon Household homepage, which will then redirect you to the Teen Page.
- Click the “Sign Up Now” button and follow the prompts to set up your teenagers profile and account preferences such as payment options, shipping information, notifications etc.
- Connect an email address or phone number belonging to your teenager, which will send an invite to the teen who has 14 days to accept and finish setting up their account.
How Much Does Amazon Household Cost?
Amazon Household is a free service through Amazon Prime, which customers are required to have in order to set up an Amazon Household account.
Amazon Prime costs $12.99/ month and includes not only Amazon Household, but other services such as Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Prime shipping, Amazon Photos are included with the price.
Therefore, if a customer wishes to use Amazon Household to monitor their family’s screen time, take advantage of faster shipping and more, they can purchase an Amazon Prime account to do so.
Do Amazon Household Members Have to Have the Same Address?
A major benefit to Amazon Household is that customers do not have to live at the same address in order to be added to the Household interface.
However, Amazon Household is quite limited to who can be added, as only one other adult account is available.
Therefore, any other friends or family customers wish to add will need to be added under the Child or Teen profiles, which limits their access to certain accessories.
Therefore, if customers are wanting to add adult family members or friends to their account, they are further ahead to share their login information for their regular Amazon account.
Is Amazon Household Good?
Amazon Household is an easy and useful application for families who use Amazon Prime on a regular basis.
The application enables parents to better monitor their children’s screen time, purchase gifts without the order being seen by the recipient, as well as many other benefits.
However, Amazon Household is only worthwhile if customers have underage children who require monitoring when shopping online or using an Amazon/mobile device, or if couples use the same Amazon account but want to keep purchases private for gift giving etc.
Otherwise, other household members who use their own Amazon Prime account may find Amazon Household to be of little value, as they are already deriving benefits such as shipping and Prime video from their own Prime account.
Therefore, if customers are considering creating an Amazon Household, they should consider how much it will actually be used by the members of their household, especially if they have yet to purchase an Amazon Prime account to do so.
Amazon Household is a feature that allows Amazon Prime account holders to share their benefits with their family members. Spouses, teens and children are able to create their own profiles, where the parents can set boundaries and better monitor their family’s use of Amazon Prime.