Amazon Australia is a fast, reliable, and convenient e-commerce platform. Considering that the company deals with millions of customers and ships billions of items, it’s always possible something can go wrong.
Contacting Amazon Australia and lodging a complaint is the only way out in such a situation. Keep reading and learn how you can present your complaint to Amazon Australia!
How Does Amazon Australia Receive And Handle Complaints In 2023?
Amazon Australia is open to receiving complaints whenever a customer is unsatisfied with products or services as of 2023. Customers can file complaints against Amazon Australia and third-party sellers by calling customer services (1 800 571 894) or reaching out through the official website. Once a complaint is filed, Amazon Australia reviews it before deciding on a resolution.
If you want to find more insight into how to make a complaint to Amazon Australia, the common types of complaints at Amazon Australia, how to contact the company, and much more, keep reading!
How Do I Make A Complaint To Amazon Australia?
You can make a complaint to Amazon Australia by reaching out to the customer service team through calls, live chats, or sending direct messages to the company’s social media platforms.
For example, if you want to call Amazon Australia customer service directly, you can do so at 1 800 571 894.
Additionally, you can reach the company’s customer service by visiting the company’s official website and clicking on the “Help” link at the bottom of the page.
After opening the link, you will find several frequently asked questions and answers that could save you from speaking directly to the customer service agents.
To contact Amazon Australia through the “Contact Us” section, you will be prompted to log in to your Amazon account for customized assistance.
Once you log in to your account, you will need to click through some questions about the broad category that your complaint falls under.
With that, this section prompts you to input as many details as possible to enable Amazon Australia to give an appropriate resolution.
Consequently, the website might give you suggestions on how to solve the problem.
However, if you still need to contact a customer service agent, you can select the following contact options at the bottom of the page:
- Phone (for receiving a callback)
- Chat (for initiating a live chat)
If you want a callback, you have to provide your phone number and click on the “Call me now button.”
However, if you choose the chat option, a chat window will appear for you to continue with the online chat.
Alternatively, you can reach Amazon Australia’s customer service by messaging the company’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
Then, the company will review the complaint and notify you of a resolution upon investigation.
What Are The Common Types Of Complaints Made To Amazon Australia?
The common types of complaints at Amazon Australia include the following:
- Complaints pertaining to placed orders (missing items, undelivered items, damaged items)
- Complaints pertaining to devices (Fire Tablet, Fire TV, Kindle E-reader, Echo & Alexa)
- Complaints pertaining to Digital Content (Kindle Books, Prime Video, Amazon Music, Amazon App Store, Alexa Voice Services, Prime Gaming, Amazon Photos, Amazon Games, and Audible Audiobooks)
- Complaints pertaining to Amazon Prime or payments, among others
How Do I Contact Amazon Australia In Case Of A Complaint?
You can file a complaint with Amazon Australia through the following contact channels:
- Call customer service at 1 800 571 894
- Request for a call back through the website
- Initiate an online chat on the company’s website
- Follow the Amazon Australia Facebook page and send a direct message
- Follow the Amazon Australia Instagram account and send a direct message
- Follow the Amazon Australia Twitter account and send a direct message
Can I Make A Complaint Against Third-Party Sellers At Amazon Australia?
Fortunately, you can make a complaint against a third-party seller on Amazon Australia and ultimately request for a refund.
That said, Amazon Australia offers customers an A-to-Z Guarantee that protects customers when they purchase items sold by third-party sellers.
Further, the A-to-Z Guarantee ensures that customers receive their items on time and in good condition.
Therefore, if you’re unsatisfied with the delivery time and the conditions of your ordered items when you receive them, you can report to Amazon Australia.
After conducting a review, the e-commerce company will determine if you qualify for a refund.
Also, it’s important to note that Amazon Australia may need to contact the seller and wait for a response for 48 hours before reviewing the refund request.
When Do I Make A Complaint Against Third-Party Sellers On Amazon Australia?
You can make a complaint against third-party sellers on Amazon Australia within 90 days from the maximum estimated delivery date.
However, to be eligible for a refund from Amazon Australia, the following conditions must apply:
- You have not received your items after three days from the maximum delivery date, or the tracking information shows delivery confirmation.
- You have received the wrong items and have submitted a return request to the seller (the request must adhere to the return policy).
- Per the return policy, you have returned an item, and the seller has not processed the refund.
- You have received a damaged, defective, or materially different item, or you changed your mind on the purchase and returned it as per the return policy. Still, you have received an incorrect or no refund at all.
- The seller agreed to refund or replace the item, yet the refund has not been processed, the refund is less than the expected amount, or the replacement was not sent.
- You want to return an item internationally, and the seller fails to provide a return address within Australia or fails to provide a prepaid return label.
- You want to return an item internationally, and the seller fails to offer a full refund without requesting that the item be returned.
- You have been charged extra, i.e., extra delivery charges by the Australian customs authorities in addition to the paid purchase and dispatch price, and the seller does not cover additional costs.
How Can I Make A Complaint Against Third-Party Sellers At Amazon Australia?
To make a complaint against third-party sellers on Amazon Australia and request a refund, you have to request an A-to-Z Guarantee refund.
Nonetheless, it’s important to note that the Amazon Mobile App currently does not support features to file A-to-Z Guarantee Refund Requests.
Consequently, you have to visit Amazon.com.au and follow these instructions:
- Go to the “Your Order” section
- Find the order in the list and click on “Problem with order”
- Select your problem from the provided list
- Click on “Request refund”
- Enter additional information on the comment text box
- Click the “Submit” button
Once you request a refund, Amazon Australia will investigate the issue for about a week and notify you of the final decision through email.
What Are Amazon Australia’s Service Hours For Handling Complaints?
Amazon Australia offers 24/7 support, meaning customers can lodge complaints at any time of the day or night.
In conclusion, Amazon Australia receives complaints through phone calls, online chats, or its official social media pages.
Also, the customer can get an immediate resolution or get directives for how and when the issue can be resolved.