As Amazon grows internationally, many shoppers in France want to know if they have a local website.
Well, if you’re looking to buy something from France, this article will teach you how to use the local website, show some differences between American and French Amazon, and more, so keep reading!
Is Amazon France Available n 2023?
Amazon has established a presence in France as of 2023. Its website is very similar to US and UK versions. Several other differences exist like the price is listed in Euros; however, other currencies can be used for payment. In both the UK and the US, Amazon Prime is available starting at Eur 5.99 per month.
To discover how to access the Amazon France website, locate items, and set up an order, continue reading for more facts!
What Are the Differences Between American and French Amazon Websites?
One of the first and most noticeable differences between the French and American Amazon websites is the language.
If you’re browsing on a French Amazon site, shoppers will see everything written in French.
Another significant difference is that those in France must use Euros as their currency option.
In contrast, those living outside the geographical area may use USD as their currency option.
How Can Shoppers Access the Amazon France Website?
French shoppers can access the Amazon site by entering https://www.amazon.fr/ into their browser.
Can the Amazon France Website Be Translated to English?
Since the Amazon France website is exclusively written in French, Google Translate is a good option if you want to buy from Amazon.fr but don’t speak French!
However, even for non-native speakers, the steps to the website are straightforward and similar to those of any other Amazon store.
How Can Shoppers Make Purchases on the Amazon France Website?
If you’re looking to buy something on Amazon.fr, the process is relatively similar to the US version of Amazon.
Once on the Amazon France website, shoppers will see all the categories of products available written in French.
Simply search for items by category or browse through search results by entering keywords.
However, keep in mind that prices are listed in euros, and products may come from different brands than those in the US.
To begin an order from Amazon France, click the “Add to Shopping Basket/Ajouter au anier” button on its product detail page and continue shopping until your cart is full.
Once shopping is complete, click the “Proceed to checkout/ Valider votre commande” button. Then you will be redirected to the payment and verification screens.
Before an order can be completed, shoppers must complete the following steps.
- First, new customers must create an Amazon France account.
- Next, shoppers will select the delivery address / choix de l’adresse de livraison.
- After selecting a delivery address, the user will choose their shipping method/ mode de livraison.
- Then, users can select a payment Method / Choisir le moyen de paiement
- Finally, shoppers will be directed to the order page, which contains all the purchase information/page de confirmation.
- Once the order is confirmed, shoppers can track their order / valider votre commande from the order section.
Additional French vocabulary that shoppers will need to know include:
- Classement par rapport aux ventes : Sales Ranking
- Informations techniques: Technical information
- Votre panier : Shopping cart
- Nouveau client Amazon France: New customer registration
Is Amazon Prime Available for Shoppers in France?
Amazon Prime offers services that have been growing in popularity and are very popular in many countries.
Through Amazon Prime, members have access to 1-2 day delivery on their purchases and video and music streaming services such as Amazon Music Unlimited.
In addition to France, to be eligible for Amazon Prime, users are required to live in one of these countries:
- the Netherlands
- Saudi Arabia
- the UK
How Can Shoppers Change the Payment Currency Option on the Amazon France Website?
When purchasing the Amazon France website, shoppers have two options when using credit or debit cards.
On the payment screen, shoppers will be asked, “Veuillez nous informer de la devise de votre carte” or “Please let (Amazon) know your card currency.”
Two options are provided:
- Ma carte est en Dollar Américain (USD)- My card is in US Dollars
- Ma carte est dans une devise différente- My card is in a different currency
Before finalizing the order, select one of the two options and click “Continuer (Continue).”
Is Amazon Prime Free in France?
Similar to the US and UK, shoppers can enjoy the benefits of Amazon Prime in France, but they will need to pay for a membership.
In France, an Amazon Prime membership cost is EUR 5.99/mo and EUR 49.00/yr.
How Can Shoppers Contact Amazon France’s Customer Service?
Amazon France offers customer service that is easily contacted by clicking on “Contactez-nous” at the bottom of the homepage.
Does Amazon US Ship to France?
Amazon works hard to offer international shipping for many products. Sometimes, though, an item may not ship internationally.
Here are two options for ordering from Amazon USA/UK to France when international shipping is unavailable:
Option 1: Buy Directly From Amazon’s International Shopping Portal
First, shoppers should Go to Amazon’s international shopping portal.
Amazon France offers an international section that only displays items that can be shipped internationally.
In order to place orders from the international shopping portal, buyers must create an account and set up a 1-click address in France.
To set up a 1-Click address for France, use the following steps:
- Go to “Account & Lists” and select the “Account” link.
- Then Under the “Ordering and shopping preferences” list, select the “1-Click settings” link.
After the shopper enters their address in France, only items available for shipping in their country will be displayed.
Option 2: Shop Using an Amazon USA/UK Shipping Forwarder Service
This option tends to be a little more expensive, but it makes buying from Amazon in a different country possible.
With this service, shoppers can purchase any product that Amazon won’t ship directly to France.
When using a package forwarder, shoppers will be provided with a US/UK address that can be used to ship any product to the forwarder and then forwarded to their France address.
- Sign up for an international shipping forwarder Service. For customers in France, one option is using MyUS.com.
- After sign-up is complete, users can view how much their shipment will cost before shipping anything to France. Additionally, if shoppers encounter issues ordering from Amazon US/UK to France, MyUS’s concierge service can place the order for you.
- Shop on Amazon USA or the UK
- Once you’ve set up your US/UK shipping address, you’re ready to shop on Amazon USA or Amazon UK and get your purchase shipped to France.
- Just visit the Amazon website, using the address provided by MyUS address, and place your order!
Like many other countries, France has its version of the America website. Amazon France’s website is available only in French. However, translator apps can be used to review the page.
When using the US/ UK, Amazon shipments to France are made through third-party shippers or the Amazon International portal.