Amazon Hub Locker is a great option if you want to pick up your Amazon order at a specific location instead of having it delivered to your address, but it doesn’t come without problems.
Have you had experience with Amazon Locker not working and are wondering how to fix it? If so, keep reading below to find out what I’ve discovered while researching the best fixes!
Why Isn’t Amazon Locker Working In 2023?
If you’ve found that the Amazon Locker is not working, one of the best things to do is call the support number on the Locker, which is around the control panel in 2023. However, you also can try other fixes such as trying to press down on the compartment doors to see if it’s stuck.
Do you want to know even more fixes for Amazon Locker not working and have more questions? Well, I’ve got so much more additional information below, so read further to learn all about it!
1. Press Around Each Compartment Door
If you’ve noticed that you’re getting the “This hub is temporarily unavailable” message, then you may want to try to press around each compartment door to see if it’s stuck.
Furthermore, the doors might not be closed all the way, which is why it’s not working right, so to fix this problem, follow the steps below:
- Go to the top right of the locker and press down on the door
- Move to the next column and repeat placing your hand down on the food
- Look at the screen and watch for a black screen
- Once you see the black screen, stop pressing down on the door
- The normal Locker screen should appear soon afterward
2. Tap the Screen & Hit Cancel
One easy way to fix Amazon Locker not working is to simply tap on the screen and hit the cancel button, which will get you back to the main Locker screen.
However, this fix will only work if the problem doesn’t have to do with the doors not being closed all of the way.
3. Call the Support Number
If you cannot get the door to open by pressing your hand down on each column, the best next step to take would be to call the support number.
Additionally, you can find the support number easily since it’s placed on the control panel to help anyone who has the issue of Amazon Locker not working.
4. Re-Enter Your Code
You may want to try to re-enter your code to see if you entered it wrong into the Amazon Hub Locker, which could prevent you from opening the Locker altogether.
Furthermore, if you want to verify the code you’re entering is correct, follow the steps below to find your Locker code:
- Log in to your Amazon account
- Select “Message Center”
- Find the message telling you your package is ready to be picked up
- Select the message
- Find your code within the message
- Re-enter the code on the Locker screen
Why Can I Not Order to an Amazon Locker?
Amazon Locker has certain requirements and restrictions, so you cannot send all of your Amazon orders to a Locker and will need to follow the guidelines below:
- The item will need to be less than 10 pounds
- Have a value of less than $5,000
- Must be smaller than a 16x12x14 box to fit inside of the Locker
- Order must be fulfilled or sold by Amazon
- Locker does not work for third-party sellers or products
- Cannot be a Subscribe & Save item
- Cannot be a Release-Date Delivery purchase
- Item cannot contain any hazardous material
- Cannot be an item from another country
Can You Use Amazon Locker Without Prime?
Anyone with a valid Amazon account can have eligible orders delivered to an Amazon Hub Locker, regardless of whether they have Amazon Prime or not.
However, those with Amazon Prime will get the benefits of Prime, which include 2-day shipping, and will have priority on Locker deliveries compared to regular Amazon customers.
How Long Will Amazon Locker Hold?
You only have three days to pick up your Amazon order from the Locker, and if you do not pick up the item, it will be returned and you’ll get a refund from Amazon for that order.
Are Amazon Lockers Open 24 Hours a Day?
Some Amazon Lockers are open 24 hours a day and available seven days a week, but it depends on the location that you’ve selected since it varies by location.
Therefore, you may want to check the Locker location you’ve selected to see what the hours of operation are before you drive over there, only to find it’s closed until the next business day.
If your Amazon Locker isn’t working, tap on the screen and hit cancel to see if that fixes the problem. Additionally, if there is one door that isn’t closed all the way, it won’t work, so run your hand along each door spring and push down to see if that takes you to the normal screen.
However, there might be times when you need to contact the support number for further assistance if you still find the Amazon locker not working and can’t access your order.