Facebook Marketplace has become a very popular way to advertise and sell goods or services of all kinds, but if you prefer to make online purchases through PayPal, you may wonder if Facebook Marketplace is compatible with PayPal.
So, can you make payments on Facebook Marketplace through PayPal? If you’d like to find out, keep reading to see what I learned on the topic!
Can You Pay with PayPal on Facebook Marketplace In 2022?
Facebook Marketplace accepts PayPal as a payment option, and it is simple and safe to use in 2022. To use PayPal with Marketplace, you just have to click the PayPal option at checkout. Additionally, if you use PayPal through Marketplace, you will be protected by Facebook’s Purchase Protection, and if your purchase follows PayPal’s guidelines, PayPal’s Purchase Protection Program.
Keep reading if you are interested in learning about how to pay on Facebook Marketplace, Facebook and PayPal’s Purchase Protection Programs, and more!
How Do I use PayPal on Facebook Marketplace?
Fortunately, PayPal is one of the payment methods that Facebook will accept for purchases.
To use PayPal on Facebook, utilize this method:
- First, log in to your Facebook account
- Second, go to “Marketplace”
- Next, select the product you want to purchase and click “Buy now”
- Then, you need to select the payment method you wish to use
- This is where you will select PayPal
- Following, you will need to enter your payment information
- PayPal should have your information saved already, so you shouldn’t have to enter anything
- However, if you are using another payment option other than PayPal, and you have already made a payment through Facebook before then your information should be saved. If not, you will have to enter everything manually
- Finally, review the order details and click “Place order”
Additionally, you can save your preferred payment method ahead of check out.
To add or remove payment methods on Facebook:
- Start by logging into your Facebook account
- Next, go to “Payment Settings”
- Then, you will see a new page with “Payment Methods”
- Under “Payment Methods” you can click:
- “Add Credit or Debit Card,” or
- If you choose to add a payment method, enter all your payment details, review them and save
- If you wish to remove a payment method, review, and finalize removing
Does PayPal Cover Facebook Marketplace?
Fortunately, PayPal’s Purchase Protection does apply to some purchases made through Facebook Marketplace.
Furthermore, any purchases made through Facebook Marketplace still have to follow PayPal’s guidelines.
There are certain items and services PayPal will not cover, such as Real estate and Vehicles.
For more information about PayPal’s Purchase Protection Program, click here.
Is It Safe to Use PayPal on Facebook Marketplace?
Fortunately, it is safe to use PayPal on Facebook Marketplace because both PayPal and Facebook have a Purchase Protection Policy.
Therefore, even if PayPal’s Purchase Protection won’t cover your purchase, Facebook will.
However, Facebook does not cover things such as:
- Purchases made through third-party sites
- Local pickups
- Messenger transactions
- Purchases made through other messaging services
Furthermore, Facebook will cover things like:
- Not receiving an order
- The condition of the item is incorrect
- “The seller didn’t follow their stated refund policy”
- An unauthorized purchase
- The Seller was removed from Facebook
Additionally, if your claim is approved by Facebook, then you will receive a full refund for the entire purchase amount and any shipping fees.
You can go to Facebook’s Purchase Protection Policies for more information.
Why Is PayPal not Working with Facebook Marketplace?
If PayPal is not working with Facebook Marketplace it’s because of the following reasons:
- There aren’t enough funds in your PayPal account
- PayPal or Marketplace are having issues
- There is an issue with the credit card or bank account connected to your PayPal account
Therefore, to solve the issue, check with PayPal and Facebook to make sure the issue is not with either of their systems.
If that’s not the issue, next check your PayPal account and how much money you have.
Furthermore, if you are still having issues, change your payment method that is connected to your PayPal account and try again.
Additionally, if this fixes the problem then you will need to call your bank or card provider and talk to customer service about the problem.
What Other Payment Methods Does Facebook Accept?
Facebook will accept the following payment methods:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Shop Pay
The types of credit and debit cards Facebook accepts are:
- American Express
Fortunately, for Facebook Marketplace users, PayPal is an accepted payment method that is safe and simple to use with Marketplace. To use PayPal with Marketplace, you just have to select PayPal as your payment method at checkout.
Furthermore, your purchase will be covered by both Facebook and PayPal’s Purchase Protection Programs, as long as your purchase follows PayPal’s guidelines.