Minecraft is a very popular video game, and it can be played on many devices such as Xbox, computers, mobile devices, etc., though buying Minecraft for each device can be different.
That being said, if you are interested in playing Minecraft, and are wondering how to buy Minecraft and if you can use PayPal to pay for it, I did some research, and here is what I learned!
Can I Buy Minecraft with PayPal In 2023?
Fortunately, you can buy Minecraft using PayPal as a payment method in 2023. One of the most common ways to buy Minecraft is through Minecraft.net. Furthermore, to buy Minecraft through Minecraft.net, you need to have a Microsoft account and you can no longer use Mojang accounts.
If you want to learn more about how to buy Minecraft online, what other payment methods Minecraft accepts, and more, then read on for more facts!
Can I Buy Minecraft with PayPal?
Fortunately, PayPal is one of the several payment methods that Minecraft will accept. Furthermore, there are several ways to buy Minecraft.
You can go to a store, such as Walmart, Target, etc., and buy the physical disc Minecraft game to play with your Xbox, Wii, Wii U, Nintendo Switch, Playstation, etc.
Moreover, you can go online and search Minecraft while shopping, and find digital downloads from Walmart and other stores.
Another way to buy Minecraft is to go online to Mincraft.net.
To buy Minecraft through Minecraft.net you need a Microsoft account. If you have a Mojang account, you will have to migrate it to a Microsoft account (Minecraft is migrating Mojang accounts to Microsoft accounts).
Because of this, users are unable to create new Mojang accounts, and old users have to migrate their Mojang accounts to Microsoft accounts.
To create a Microsoft account, use the following method:
- Begin by going to account.microsoft.com
- Second, click “Create a Microsoft account” next to “Sign in”
- You can also click “Sign in,” and then click “Create one!”
- Next, you can enter an email address you already have, click “Use a phone number instead,” or click “Get a new email address,” then “Next”
- Following, you need to “Create a password” and click “Next”
- After, Microsoft will ask you for your “Country/region” and “Birthdate.” After entering the information, click “Next”
- Last, you need to verify your phone number or email address, and click “Next,” and your account will be created
Additionally, you can also follow this same process through Minecraft.net.
- Go to Minecraft.net and click “Log in” at the top of the page
- Next, click “Sign up for free” next to “No Microsoft account?”
- Then continue to follow the same steps listed previously
Once your Microsoft account is created you can buy and download Minecraft through Minecraft.net.
To buy Minecraft through Mincraft.net:
- First, go to Minecraft.net and login
- After logging in, click “Buy Now”
- Then, you can choose either “Buy Minecraft for this account” or “Buy a Gift Code to give away”
- To buy Minecraft, you need to click “Buy Minecraft for this account”
- Then, choose the Minecraft edition you want to purchase
- Following, you can choose “I’d like to buy this game for myself,” or “I’d like to buy this game for someone else”
- After, you need to choose your payment option
- This is where you will select PayPal
- Next, click “Proceed to Payment Details,” and enter your payment information
- PayPal should have all your information saved- you just need to login to your PayPal account
- Last, review the detail and finalize the purchase
Additionally, you can buy Minecraft through Minecraft.net without logging in to your account at the beginning.
- As stated before, begin by going to Minecraft.net
- Once there, you will see a screen that says “Welcome to Minecraft.” Click “Get Minecraft”
- Next, you will be asked “How do you want to play?” you can choose from,
- After you choose the way you want to play,
- If you choose “Computer” or “Mobile,” you will then be asked, “What platform do you prefer?”
- If you chose “Console,” you will need to “Pick a console”
- If you chose “Others,” you will need to “Pick a device” from Mincraft’s selection
- Once you have chosen how you want to play, and the platform, console, or device you are playing from, you need to “Select Your Edition”
- There will be a selection of Minecraft editions you can choose from on this page
- Next, click “Buy”
- You will then be asked to sign in to your Microsoft account, sign in and proceed to checkout
- After signing into your Microsoft account, the step will be similar to the step listed previously
- Next, choose your payment option
- You will select PayPal here
- Following, click “Proceed to Payment Details,” and enter your payment information
- PayPal should have all your information saved, you will just need to login to your account
- Finally, review the detail, and finalize the purchase
What Payment Methods Does Minecraft Accept?
Along with PayPal, Minecraft accepts:
- American Express
- Apple Pay
- Google Play, and
Fortunately for Minecraft users, Minecraft does accept PayPal. Additionally, Minecraft will also accept payment methods such as Visa, MasterCard, Discover, etc.
Furthermore, to buy Minecraft, you can go in-store to any store and buy the physical disc or online to Mincraft.net. However, you will also need a Microsoft or Mojang account to buy Minecraft online.