Are you wondering if you can return diapers to Walmart? When I had my babies, no matter how prepared I thought I was, they always wore a different size diaper than expected after delivery.
So, if you’re like me and stocked up with the wrong diaper, does that mean your money just goes down the drain? I did some research, and this is what I found out about Walmart’s diaper return policy!
Walmart Diaper Return Policy
Walmart allows unopened diapers purchased from Walmart to be returned or exchanged within 90 days with a receipt. However, if you open the box of diapers, customers can only exchange for the same or a similarly priced product. Purchases made from Walmart Online Marketplace vendors only have a 30-day return window and are at the vendor’s discretion.
Walmart’s 100% customer satisfaction guarantee means you can make diaper returns, but keep reading to learn what else I learned about the Walmart diaper return policy!
Can You Return Unopened Diapers at Walmart?
In support of Walmart’s commitment to providing excellent customer service, it has a 100% satisfaction guarantee on its products.
Therefore, unopened boxes of diapers can be returned within 90 days and receive a full refund.
Can I Return an Open Box Of Diapers at Walmart?
According to Walmart policy, you can only exchange opened boxes of diapers for the same or a similar product. That said, you must bring the diapers back within 90 days.
Can I Exchange Diapers at Walmart?
If you are satisfied with the product but need a different size, then Walmart allows you to exchange diapers (including Parents Choice, Pampers, Huggies, Luvs, etc.) for a similar or the same product within 90 days.
Can I Return Diapers at Walmart That Were Given as a Gift?
Diapers are a popular baby shower gift. They’re so popular that you may find you have more than you can use, so can you return them to Walmart?
If you received diapers with a gift receipt, then luckily, you can return them to Walmart, which will process the return in one of the following ways:
- Refund the purchase to a gift card
- Credit the purchase to the original sender’s method of payment
If you did not receive a gift receipt, Walmart will exchange the diapers for a similar item or refund the purchase on a gift card.
However, if the diapers cost less than $10, Walmart will refund you in cash.
How Can I Return Diapers at Walmart?
Walmart allows returns to be made by mail or in-store.
If you are returning your item in-store, visit the location’s customer service desk, and an associate will assist you.
Alternatively, Walmart allows you to ship returns through USPS, UPS, and FedEx with an approved shipping slip that can be printed online or emailed to you after beginning a return claim online.
Can I Return Diapers Online at Walmart?
For your convenience, returns can be initiated online from the Walmart website.
The first step to returning items online is to set up a profile on Walmart’s website or simply log in if you already have one.
Once you log in, you can begin a refund by clicking on a past online order. For example, a button on the right side says “Start a Return” under the order number.
From here, you must follow the following prompts:
- Select the item you want to return
- Select a reason for the return and then click “Next.”
- Choose if you would like to receive a refund or a replacement item
- Review and hit submit
- A confirmation email with a claim barcode will be emailed to the address on file
With that, items purchased online needing a replacement can either be shipped to you or picked up in-store with a confirmation email printout.
Walmart Online Marketplace Returns For Diapers
If you purchase diapers from a Walmart marketplace seller, you need to send a message to them before Walmart can assist you with a refund.
That said, marketplace returns have different requirements than the Walmart Store return policy.
For marketplace returns, you only have 30 days to return items.
Also, refunds initiated online require 48 hours for Walmart to acknowledge and update the system to process your refund.
Additionally, there are three methods to return the diapers to Walmart after you initiate an online claim with a marketplace seller:
- Print the order barcode or return email and bring them along with the diapers to the Walmart store.
- Print the return label included in the email, place diapers in a shipping box, and take them to USPS or FedEx for return.
- Print the return label from your confirmation email and attach it to a shipping box; schedule a home pickup with UPS via the website.
What Do I Need To Bring When Returning Diapers in Walmart Stores?
When you come to Walmart for a refund, make sure you bring the necessary items, including:
- A valid photo identification card
- A receipt or another object with the order number to verify purchase (email confirmation of purchase, email of initiated online refund, etc.)
- Credit/Debit card used for the purchase
- The item you wish to return
Do I Need a Receipt To Return Diapers at Walmart?
Fortunately, Walmart allows you to return diapers without a receipt if you meet specific eligibility requirements.
To make a return without a receipt, first begin by presenting a valid form of photo identification.
In some cases, the associate will look up your purchase in Walmart’s system with a phone number or the credit/debit card number used for the purchase.
Then, if the verification process approves the refund, you can:
- Exchange the diapers for the same item or a similarly priced item
- Receive a cash refund on diapers priced $10 or less
- Receive a Walmart gift card on diapers over $10
Does Walmart Charge Restocking Fees For Diaper Returns?
Returns made at Walmart are free. Therefore, Walmart doesn’t charge a restocking fee on any items.
Will I Receive Cash Or Store Credit For My Walmart Diaper Refund?
Since you can buy Walmart diapers in several ways, the purchase method determines how you receive your refund.
For example, when online order refund requests are submitted in-store or online, you will receive a refund in your original payment method with proof of purchase.
Debit Or Credit Card Refunds
Furthermore, there are specific guidelines for receiving refunds on credit or debit cards, including:
- It may take up to ten business days for funds to be credited to your account.
- You must bring the original card used at the purchase to refund back to credit or debit. If the card’s unavailable, you will be given a refund on a Walmart gift card.
- If you use a debit card to buy products, you’ll likely receive your refund in cash.