A resume is a very useful and often essential element you need to apply for a new job. It’s the perfect way to illustrate your skills, education, and previous work experience to a new employer.
However, if you’re looking at Subway for your next place of work, you may be wondering if you need a resume to apply there. I’ve done some research, and here’s everything you need to know!
Do I Need a Resume For Subway?
If you’re applying to an entry-level position at Subway, you don’t need a resume, but you’ll need to fill out Subway’s application form. However, a lot of the information required for the application crosses over from a resume. Also, higher-up positions like managers and corporate roles will need a resume at Subway.
If you want to learn more about how much experience you need to work at Subway, what positions you need to submit a resume for, what to include in your resume, and more, then read on!
Do I Need Experience To Work at Subway?
You’re most likely to see job descriptions that seek experienced employees with specific skills. However, there are positions available at Subway that you can get with no work experience.
With that, Subway welcomes young people with little or no experience (the minimum age to work there is 16).
Also, Subway encourages adults who are looking for their first job to apply as well.
So, if you’re looking to gain some entry-level work experience, Subway is a great place to start!
For an entry-level position such as a sandwich artist, you don’t need any prior knowledge, and you generally don’t need to submit a resume with the job application.
Additionally, you can learn more about this position and more on Subway’s careers page.
What Positions Do I Need To Submit a Resume For at Subway?
For entry-level positions, you need to fill out Subway’s application form, but you don’t need a resume.
However, those applying for higher-level positions must submit a resume, as these employees hold leadership responsibilities.
Even though most Subway managers might begin as entry-level employees, a resume is still necessary to illustrate past leadership experience, financial knowledge, and education required of a higher-level employee.
With that, positions that fall into the leadership category at Subway include:
- Assistant manager: At Subway, these employees earn around $10 an hour. Also, employees should have a high school diploma and experience in food service. At Subway, the typical duties of an assistant manager include managing staff and recommending promotions.
- Manager: At Subway, these employees earn between $23,000 – $45,000 a year. That said, managers or new applicants need a high school diploma and two years of managerial experience. Additionally, managers are responsible for ensuring food safety, monitoring the restaurant’s security, hiring new staff, training staff, and creating schedules.
As you can see, these positions require specialized knowledge and experience, so a resume is necessary to ensure applicants have the skills for the job.
Essentially, for any role in a corporate position at Subway, a resume is required.
What Should I Include in My Resume For Subway?
If you’ve never written a resume before, a good place to start is to use built-in templates on Google Docs, Microsoft Word, or another word processor.
Similarly, if you do a Google search, you can find fillable templates you may use. However, sometimes there’s a fee, so be mindful of that.
Before writing your resume, you should visit the Subway careers page and find your target job description.
With that, you need to ensure that your resume addresses all of the relevant skills and experience mentioned in the job description.
How Should I Format and Design My Resume For Subway?
Since your resume is typically the first way HR “meets” an applicant, you should format it in a way that’s easy to read, presents the information clearly, and is appealing to the eye.
With that information in mind, you should stick with basic fonts and stay away from colors that may overpower the lettering.
Moreover, a well-formatted resume includes these six essential elements:
- Contact information for the applicant
- A short statement that describes your intention
- Education, including schools/colleges, grades achieved, and skills gained
- Work experience, including company names, department names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and supervisors
- Skills Summary (only include those relevant to the position you’re applying for)
- Additional skills or interests that don’t fit into other categories
- References (optional if you have a LinkedIn profile with a good reputation)
Additionally, make sure you download your completed resume as a PDF document, as the structure will stay the same no matter where you upload it, unlike some Google or Word docs.
How Do I Submit My Resume To Subway?
To submit a resume to Subway, you will need to fill out the online application on the Subway careers page.
When you go to the Subway careers page and select the position you’re applying for, it will prompt you to set up an applicant profile if you don’t already have one.
Once you do this, you need to fill out the application form, giving contact details, employment details, and more.
When prompted, you will need to attach your resume as a supporting document, which will likely be towards the end of the application.
Additionally, you may also need to write an accompanying cover letter.