Amazon has a variety of options available for Amazon sellers in how they receive funds from their customers. Sellers have used regular direct deposit, as well as apps such as Payoneer.
However, potential Amazon sellers may be wondering if Amazon allows the use of Transferwise when receiving and making payments. If you’d like to find out, keep reading to see what I learned!
Does Amazon Accept Transferwise?
According to the Transferwise website, Amazon sellers are able to use Transferwise to accept payments from their customers. Sellers can accept payments from Amazon customers who reside in the US, Europe, UK, and Australia and can change their account settings so that they are not being charged a conversion fee when receiving any international payments.
If you’d like to learn more about paying with Transferwise, how to set up Transferwise on an Amazon Seller account, and more, keep reading this article for more facts, tips, and information!
Can I Pay With Transferwise on Amazon?
While Amazon sellers can use Transferwise (now Wise.com) to receive payments, it’s not currently stated whether or not customers can use the Transferwise debit card to make purchases on Amazon.
Amazon.com’s list of acceptable forms of credit and debit card payment includes MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express. Therefore, Transferwise is not included in the list of acceptable payment methods.
However, customers who use Transferwise may be able to get their card to work depending on the area they live in, as Amazon accepts different forms of payment for different countries and regions.
Nevertheless, sellers who use Amazon.com are still able to use Transferwise as a method for receiving money.
How Do I Receive Money From Amazon Using Transferwise?
In order to receive money with Transferwise on Amazon, sellers must first adjust their account settings. In order to set up Transferwise on their account, sellers must do the following:
- Create a Wise account and link it to your bank account info.
- Log in to your Amazon Seller account, select Settings > Account Info > Payment Info > Bank Account Info, and add your bank details.
- Next, select “Add New Deposit Method” and choose the location of your bank account.
- Add your bank account details, and follow the instructions to include Wise as the deposit method. For Amazon US, add your account number and routing number in order to receive electronic payments to your Wise account.
- After adding the bank account details, verify them and click “Set Deposit Method.”
Does Amazon Accept Transferwise Outside of the United States?
According to the Wise website, Amazon sellers are able to accept payments to their Wise account from the UK, Australia, Europe, and the United States.
However, not every Amazon division outside of the US may allow Transferwise to be used by sellers. For example, Transferwise is currently not available for sellers in Europe.
If sellers are curious as to whether or not they can use Transferwise in their country or region, they can check by going to the Seller Central website and locating the Help Center.
What Can I Use on Amazon Similar to Transferwise?
In addition to using Transferwise, Amazon sellers also have the option to use Payoneer. Currently, Payoneer is available for Amazon sellers in the United States, UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain.
In order to set up Payoneer on Amazon, sellers can do the following:
- Create a Payoneer account and link it to your bank account.
- On Amazon Seller Central, go to Settings > Account Info and select Add in the Deposit Method section.
- Next, select your home country and click “Register for Payoneer.”
Payoneer is a good alternative for Amazon sellers who don’t have the option to use Wise in their country or region.
If sellers are able to use both, however, it is recommended that they look into each website to see which option is more user-friendly for their seller account.