Amazon offers many benefits to its shoppers, such as Amazon Prime shipping, Prime discounts at participating stores, and a variety of different payment methods that can be used.
However, customers who use UnionPay when shopping may wonder if they can use it on Amazon. If you’d like to find out, keep reading this article to learn what I found out!
Does Amazon Accept UnionPay?
Amazon accepts UnionPay on Amazon.com, in addition to a number of other payment methods. Customers can use most credit cards, as well as Amazon-brand gift cards, AmazonPay, and similar methods. Customers don’t have to use Amazon China in order to use UnionPay and can use it on most global Amazon platforms.
If you’d like to learn more about which Amazon websites use UnionPay, if AmazonPay accepts UnionPay, which other payment methods Amazon accepts, and more, keep reading for more facts and tips!
More About Using UnionPay On Amazon
While UnionPay is a Chinese financial institute, customers who prefer Amazon.com to Amazon China are free to add UnionPay to their account’s payment methods.
However, customers can only use the UnionPay credit card when making payments on Amazon. At the moment, the UnionPay debit card is not considered an acceptable form of payment.
Therefore, customers who only have a debit card through UnionPay are recommended to switch to an alternative payment method, such as using Amazon gift cards.
Can I Make a Split Payment With UnionPay on Amazon?
If customers would like to make a split payment with their UnionPay credit card, they can do so if they have an Amazon gift card!
In order to split a payment, customers can do the following:
- Log in to your Amazon account and add the items to your cart that you’d like to purchase.
- After shopping, go to your cart by selecting the basket icon on the top right of your screen, and select the “Proceed to Checkout” button.
- In the box “Add a gift card, promotion or voucher,” enter your gift card code and click “Apply.”
- Check the box next to your gift card balance, which will automatically add the amount to your purchase.
- Under “Select Payment Method,” choose your UnionPay credit card.
- Select “Place Order,” and your payments will be split between your gift card balance and your UnionPay credit card!
Does Amazon Pay Accept UnionPay?
Currently, Amazon Pay does not accept UnionPay as a valid form of payment. The credit card payment options for Amazon Pay are currently as follows:
- Visa credit/ debit cards
- MasterCard credit/ debit cards
- Discover credit/ debit cards
- American Express credit/ debit cards
- Diners Club cards
In addition to not accepting UnionPay, Amazon Pay also restricts Amazon gift cards and rewards and electronic payment methods such as PayPal and Venmo.
Does Amazon Accept Electronic Payment Methods?
While Amazon accepts alternative credit cards such as Union Pay, they are restricted to other forms of online payment.
Currently, Amazon can’t accept any electronic payment that isn’t directly linked to a bank account, such as websites like PayPal, Apple Pay, Venmo, and other similar e-payment methods.
Which Forms of Payment Does Amazon Take?
In addition to UnionPay, Amazon accepts a variety of payment methods from customers. Currently, customers can pay using the following:
- Visa debit/ credit cards and prepaid gift cards
- MasterCard debit/ credit cards and prepaid gift cards
- Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card
- Amazon Store Card
- Amazon Secured Card
- EuroCard debit/ credit cards
- Discover Network debit credit cards
- American Express debit/ credit cards and prepaid gift cards
- Diners Club card (U.S billing addresses only)
- China UnionPay (credit card only)
- Amazon gift cards
If customers only have access to a UnionPay debit card and don’t have a credit card, they can take advantage of these above payment methods as an alternative.